+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Souls/Specs for a PvP (with some PvE) Healer/Buffer/CCer type Cleric?

Rift Disciple

Default Best Souls/Specs for a PvP (with some PvE) Healer/Buffer/CCer type Cleric?

In my family, I'm the one who has to do all the research for everyone's builds. So here I am looking for help figuring out some build/souls/spec options for my wife's cleric.

She loves PvP and that is likely what we'll do about 2/3rds of the time. But we also want to do chronicles, and as much 4 person pve content as possible (our two daughters play also: they play rogue and mage).

She loves healing, CC, and buffing. She really doesn't care much at all about DPS. She loves the full support role of being able to save people, CC the enemy, and if possible buff her team as well.

What sort of build is ideal for that?

She's level 60 and will need to level up to 65. She'll likely do most of that in PvP.

Thanks!

Champion of Telara

Inquisitor - Single Target Ranged Damage (61 inq/11 Cab/4 Shaman_
    Cabalist - Ranged AoE and CC (61 Cab/10 Defiler/5 Inq)
    Oracle - Raid Buffs and Ranged DPS/Support (61 Oracle - Subsouls for what you prefer)
    Purifier - Shields and Healing
    Defiler - Mitigation and healing
    Sentinel - Healing and Cleansing
    Warden - AoE Healing

Your wife will want to learn Purifier for the shields and healing. Purifiers are doing very well in healing warfronts, chronicles, and raids. Like Caeus said, Cabalists are good at AOE and CC but they are only good in a few warfronts and Conquest which is disabled at the moment.

I went from 60 - 65 as Inquisitor got me to 65 fast but that is a DPS spec. Now I mainly play those two specs I linked for you. One option for the 4 of you is to have the mage run dominator for the CC and your wife heal with purifier.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mortosa View Post
    Now I mainly play those two specs I linked for you.
    Wait. I saw two youtube links. Did you link to builds or guides and somehow I am not seeing it?

I clicked on the purifier link, and tried to scroll into the video to see the build. It looked like 61 purifier / 15 sentinel / 0 justicar? (why doesn't the guy put any relevant explanation in the text below - ugh - damn youtubers - that's why guides are the best ).

One option for the 4 of you is to have the mage run dominator for the CC and your wife heal with purifier.
    The mage is played by our 8 year old daughter. She's good at video games but I'm not really going to count on perfect CC from her. :P

Also, a large part of the time my wife and I will just be duoing in PvP (that's pretty much all we did previously. She leveled her cleric up 100% through pvp). And more than anything she loves healing, CC, debuffing, buffing, that sort of stuff.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cambios; 11-07-2014 at 09:59 AM.

yeah they are youtube links lol. He doesn't write guides on the forums anymore, he only does video guides now. I grabbed the information for the spec from the youtube description he lists below the video.
    Last edited by Mortosa; 11-07-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

yeah they are youtube links lol. He doesn't write guides on the forums anymore, he only does video guides now. I grabbed the information for the spec from the youtube description he lists below the video.
    These freakin' youtube people nowadays. Nothing like getting information in a LESS efficient format... Anyway...

So did I have the spec right?

That's a solid PvP and small group spec? Healing? CC? Buffs? Debuffs? Or should I tweak for that purpose?

Rift Disciple

Any more tips for a solid build here?

Or a good guide suggestion that has strats, etc?

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

I found Defiler to be pretty fun for healing in pvp. It has less options than a "real" healing spec but I found it to heal for a good amount on a single target (it has like no AoE healing options at all).

You provide mitigation by buffing ppl with dmg reducing Links and you can annoy enemies with DoTs and debuffs such as Bonds (one reduces healing taken for example iirc). If you spec a few points into Inquisitor you can also pick up a purge to remove enemy buffs.

You also get a really awesome cooldown called Unstable Transformation which basicly makes the person you cast it on nearly immortal for 10secs.

I'm by far not a "pro" at pvping or the game in general lol so I cant really say much about ideal builds or specs, I'm probably using something bad myself. I've gotten most info from http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...eal-2-8-a.html and some from the PVE Defiler guide he linked in his first sentence. I know both arent up to date atm but it works. Due to lack of soul slots on my side I couldnt afford keeping both the PVE and PVP Defiler spec so I'm kinda using the PVE spec with points into Inquisitor for the Purge atm.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Rift Disciple

Ok, found out her spec before had been 58 sentinel / 13 purifier / 2 warden

+ Reply to Thread