+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zehne

Thread: Holy Fire Shaman build still useful, or outdated now?

Telaran

Default Holy Fire Shaman build still useful, or outdated now?

Hey fellow Clerics.

Been away for a bit. Came back for NT, and my Cleric uses the Holy Fire Shaman build (61sham/8Puri/7Justicar) that seemed good for soloing/farming in SL. DPS is not great, but tons of self-heals. Throw in an extra target for Salvation and it's very nice for small group play too.

Is the same build still ok for NT, or has that sort of build (and the old Duracell it replaced) now replaced by something different? FYI: not fond of builds with Pets.

Also, what Masteries would you recommend for such a build? Again, focus is on soloing mostly to outlast enemies, and open world event stuff.

Thanks!

out of date in my opinion, HP pool is so large now your better off just going all out dps and killing stuff faster, pop a drink when you need to but you won't have to very often.

If you do find you still need some heals then take some defiler and pop 1 or 2 loathsome while running between mobs.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Just use 61 inquis for leveling IMO.

You'll almost never be without your C/D's. And if you are, you'll almost never be without your other C/D's.

Especially after 65.

61 Inquis is all you need. Take a dab of defiler or another healing soul as your sub and you're golden.

Telaran

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that Inquisitor is good, but I used to use it as my alternate spec in SL and I prefer a melee style over a caster style. I mostly used Inquis for fights I didn't know because it was easier to stay out of bad stuff as ranged DPS.

So to better clarify my question: I'm not seeking the optimal spec. I am seeking a solid version of the melee, durable style the Holy Fire Shaman was in SL. If it still works fine as-is, then great! If a few tweaks are recommended, then also great! If it's a bad idea completely then I'd like to know as well. I'm not raiding and am unlikely to do many Experts, so I am not really worried about hitting top DPS levels.
    Last edited by ptwonline; 11-06-2014 at 08:24 AM.

To Answer that question, Self Healing Specs are pretty weak in NMT leveling. So the best route are specs that have pets to absorb damage(like beacon/druid), or specs that won't take damage(inquis C/D's to blow them apart before they can reach you).

That is ultimately why inquis is the most op for NMT leveling, you have all the dps, without having to manage pets.

If you so wish to play melee, I would suggest druid with a tank pet possibly. If you're looking for a spec with no downtime, good luck, the self healing in healing specs won't make much of a difference in your hp after a fight. (I'm thinking about the rams in Tarken).

You have 60khp and you get hit for 5k dmg a hit from the rams, you do maybe about 1k-2k heals on yourself while getting hit.

Those 1-2k heals won't make much of a difference overall.

But if you were to Bewilder/KB the rams and use inquis C/D's, you might get hit only several times max.

Basically that's why we are suggesting inquis over melee specs.
    Last edited by Zehne; 11-06-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Plane Touched

I had crap gear on my cleric (SL t1) and leveled with 61shaman/15druid/0justicar and it worked pretty well. Things die really fast and Salvation + Glory heals some minor damage.
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Champion

Currently I'm using 61/15/0 shaman/defiler/justicar. And it's going really well. You can put almost everything in few dumb macros and still get high dps. All things being equal, I can't get the same high dps out of my inquisitor build, no matter what rotation I use. But maybe that's just because I don't like ranged souls. With npc's emmediately charging at you, ranged seems so silly in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post

If you so wish to play melee, I would suggest druid with a tank pet possibly. If you're looking for a spec with no downtime, good luck, the self healing in healing specs won't make much of a difference in your hp after a fight. (I'm thinking about the rams in Tarken).

You have 60khp and you get hit for 5k dmg a hit from the rams, you do maybe about 1k-2k heals on yourself while getting hit.

Those 1-2k heals won't make much of a difference overall.
    ill have to try the rams in tarken. but currently with 61 druid/15 shm/justi i am able to jump in the middle of an elite invasion using the fairy seer toggled to aoe for greater self heals and more dps and just chew it down without a sweat.. her aoe dot and aoe nukes generate alot of healing, and i havent been able to get the tank to keep aggro in ages.

as much as i love inq i just cant do that. pure defiler, maybe, though my spec needs to be tuned for better dps i suspect.
    Last edited by jennytwotone; 11-12-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Soulwalker

I use http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...E/DkigsgGG4g/U just use your greater healing pet or destroyer to lvl with. There is no downtime with this spec.

I still like using Cabalist/Defiler for AoE killing mobs. Doesn't kill things as quick as Inq, and you still take damage, but damn is it fun blowing up groups.
    www.riftraidguides.com

Llokii@greybriar | Llokia@greybriar
    <The Dawntreaders>

dbe
    General of Telara

If you're dead set on melee, Druid is a great solo spec. I think the max ST spec is 61/10/5 Shaman/Inq and the faerie pet will heal you and aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    If you're dead set on melee, Druid is a great solo spec. I think the max ST spec is 61/10/5 Shaman/Inq and the faerie pet will heal you and aoe.
    This is what I used for soloing except i went 11 sham/4 puri. Healing flare is not that great but it can be useful for some self healing. Also having symbol of the sun is handy if you get dismounted or if you are harvesting a node and aggro a nearby mob. Once you get some decent gear I would definitely say inquisitor is the best way to go. It's got amazing burst and very solid survivability.
    "Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is almost always somebody screwed up."

Rift Master

I use something like

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...Dk4Eg5pgkw/r8w

And feel its actually quite strong due to the reuses of Massive Blow and Resounding Blow + the useful addition of level 65 melee masteries punishing strike I think its called.

ALSO for self healing there is 2 good options....either A Soul Stream which you can cast on yourself or B get one instant cast self heal + divine favor casted on yourself. Divine Favor doesn't have a cd so its completely worth it though probably overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    I still like using Cabalist/Defiler for AoE killing mobs. Doesn't kill things as quick as Inq, and you still take damage, but damn is it fun blowing up groups.
    See I found Inquis to be wildly poor with open-world AoE, and Cabalist was clunky to play. Alternatively, I'm amazed at how quickly things die with 61 Shaman / 15 Defiler, including AoE. I can pull loads of mobs and AoE them down so quickly, all whilst barely losing a tick of health.

To the OP: I'd recommend trying 61 Shaman / 15 Defiler as an alternative to the Holy Fire Shaman build. I switched up my points after someone in the original thread suggested the alternative, and it's by far my favorite spec to play.

+ Reply to Thread