+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hojxs
  • 1 Post By ToxicWaltz
  • 1 Post By Mortosa

Thread: Returning player just wondering if this spec guide is best way to level 60-65.

Telaran

Default Returning player just wondering if this spec guide is best way to level 60-65.

Just came back last week and decided I'd level my Cleric 1st and am just wondering if this spec and the guide associated with it is still the most efficient spec to level with.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...DkFaakaGyF0/n8

I'm following the guide that Burninalways has written. The only problem I have is that it seems to not kill very quickly. Maybe it's just that I only have questing gear I'm not sure. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Shadowlander

high survivability, low dps, i ran something similar to that early leveling them defaulted to a solid dps spec and drinking water to heal between pulling

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malacore View Post
    Just came back last week and decided I'd level my Cleric 1st and am just wondering if this spec and the guide associated with it is still the most efficient spec to level with.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...DkFaakaGyF0/n8

I'm following the guide that Burninalways has written. The only problem I have is that it seems to not kill very quickly. Maybe it's just that I only have questing gear I'm not sure. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
    As with anything in this game, gear makes a huge difference. Until you hit 65, those with level 60 T3 gear will have an advantage over you in the solo department.

The idea of a "best" spec to play for leveling is a bit outdated. It comes down to your play style. The spec you linked will have great survivability, especially with the faerie healer out, but as you said your dps won't be as high. Some folks run a self shielding shaman spec which has come to some acclaim. I ran my 61 inquis raid spec and found success.

You need to decide your own play style. If you want a little more survivability (less chance of dying), druid its great for that. Shaman and inquis will kill mobs faster, but you need to make certain you don't bite off more than you can chew.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Telaran

Thanks for the input, I would prefer something with a bit more dps to try out. I was looking through guides and didn't really see anything for Shaman that was up to date.

Would it be fine to run the 61 Inquis raid spec for leveling? I kind of wanted something that I could go by for macros and rotation till I got the feel of the spec down which is why I went with the Druid spec.

While leveling check out Seatin's Inquisitor guide on youtube. I am using it and I am having no problems at all. I use it in PvP also.

dbe
    General of Telara

That hybrid Just/Druid spec is very good for soloing elites but your dps is pretty meh. Full druid dps spec (10 shaman 5 inq I think) is way better for leveling. Good ST burst and decent aoe with the faerie.

61 Inq is great for leveling, lots of survivability and excellent dps. I started having to be careful about pulling more than 3 about halfway through level 64, but then I hadn't geared up at since SL T1 raid gear, so that's going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread