+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ecru
  • 3 Post By Noshei

Thread: SHAMAN * Windwalk" Now increases Dodge by 35%. It no longer references Parry.

Default SHAMAN * Windwalk" Now increases Dodge by 35%. It no longer references Parry.

can we please have a real discussion about what the problem is with shaman in pvp rather than these useless band-aid fixes that seemingly have no thought or foresight put into them?

kervik, do you pvp? have you ever played shaman in pvp? have you ever talked to anyone who plays shaman in pvp? i've pm'd you numerous times describing various issues the soul has, the ridiculous counters certain souls possess that only really hurt shaman, and laid out the reasons that literally no one but a few people played it in pvp, while other melee souls like wl, sin, nbsin, nb, and para were always present in warfronts, but you've consistently ignored my pm's.

why this change? who asked for this? no one asked for more dodge, abilities used defensively like windwalk and sidesteps are largely useless in most warfronts and only help in 1v1 or 1v2 situations.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

This is simply an update for the removal of parry.

The current (until the patch in an hour or so) version is increases dodge and parry by 25%. Parry doesn't exist any more, so this ability lose half of its defensive capability.

A slight boost to dodge and the removal of parry is something I would have expected to see for this ability to update it to the new stats.

This change has absolutely nothing to do with balance, just an update to an ability that got overlooked with the stat changes. This is similar to the change to Intercede for Justicar.

Champion of Telara

Obviously you don't pay attention to tanking\defensive stats but Parry was removed in 3.0 and have an ability that increases nothing by 25% is thoroughly useless.
    If you looked they fixed Shared Agony in the Arbiter tree because it was still trying to share Toughness.

Right now Kervik seems to be working on bug fixes rather than balance, which given all the changes in 3.0 is probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Obviously you don't pay attention to tanking\defensive stats but Parry was removed in 3.0 and have an ability that increases nothing by 25% is thoroughly useless.
    If you looked they fixed Shared Agony in the Arbiter tree because it was still trying to share Toughness.

Right now Kervik seems to be working on bug fixes rather than balance, which given all the changes in 3.0 is probably a good thing.
    shamam has been hurting for about a year and inq just got all the love in the world, a lot of which was directed specifically at pvp and most of it works as a pretty hard counter to all of the issues shaman has in pvp. same with pyro, especially so with dom. cleric and mage souls are consistently being buffed in ways which make shaman (and melee in general) more and more difficult to play by kervik.

so i get it, you probably have never played shaman in a warfront, or if you did you fell over and switched back to inq after one death, but some of us do and it'd be nice to at least know mobility/cc issues are being looked at, at the very least.

who was asking for this change? "my windwalk doesn't work as good because i don't parry anymore", really? it's not something a tank is going to pick up like sidesteps because of how high it is up in the tree and in pvp it's generally only used to compensate for mobility issues so it seems like an odd thing to focus on at this point.
    Last edited by ecru; 11-05-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Shaman has like double the DPs while disconnected than it used to, how was that not addressing at least some of its issues in both pve and PvP worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Shaman has like double the DPs while disconnected than it used to, how was that not addressing at least some of its issues in both pve and PvP worlds?
    if it was doubled it'd be equal to it's melee dps. shaman is a melee soul that is the worst at staying in melee range while having it's only defensive cd also being tied to it's run speed. getting into melee isn't the problem, it's staying with your target and most importantly, getting out of range when you need to that's a problem.

i have another issue with the new ranged rotation and while ekkehards proccing frostbite is nice, having seven (if we include fw) different abilities to go through during that rotation is a little ridiculous and probably not something most people are going to bother with.

besides, souls with better disconnect dps and better cc have better defensive cd's, like nbsin and nb. or inquisitor. heh.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Champion

Shaman is my favourite soul. Fun to play. If you get the rotation exactly right the DPS can be high. But you can also put so much abilities in a few really stupid macros and still have very decent DPS.

But now, it could really do with some love. Very easy changes I think. Some extra range here. A bit better scaling there. Nothing fancy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Shaman is my favourite soul. Fun to play. If you get the rotation exactly right the DPS can be high. But you can also put so much abilities in a few really stupid macros and still have very decent DPS.

But now, it could really do with some love. Very easy changes I think. Some extra range here. A bit better scaling there. Nothing fancy.
    ...Or something fancy: rework furious assault so the global cooldown can be reduced even further. At the cost of something useless, like snowbank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    ...Or something fancy: rework furious assault so the global cooldown can be reduced even further. At the cost of something useless, like snowbank.
    Less than 1 sec gdc on a spec that already depends on tying knots into your fingers? No thanks.

+ Reply to Thread