+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Synergy Crystal

Rift Chaser

Default DPS Synergy Crystal

ok so ive got enough stones for a DPS crystal (already got my tank and healing one sorted) but wanted to ask the question of those that have tried out the DPS ones. now i see we have 2 options;

1) procs from instant abilities for 500 crit + 350 sp on crit hits (assume these will be up at all times unless there is an ICD?)

2) base damage of cast time abilities (excluding channeled) by 650 + proc of 300sp from single target abilities.

question is which is the better one for Inq since ill be playing that mainly when DPSing although i occasionally use Oracle. im leaning towards the 2nd as the bolts make up the main portion of the damage i do although the 1st will promote the DoT's and channels.

side question, is AI considered a channel or 3xBoD when it comes to calculation for this kind of thing? seems to give mixed messages since the tooltip says it casts BoD once every 0.66s rather than saying it does x damage over 2s like Nysyrs for example

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    ok so ive got enough stones for a DPS crystal (already got my tank and healing one sorted) but wanted to ask the question of those that have tried out the DPS ones. now i see we have 2 options;

1) procs from instant abilities for 500 crit + 350 sp on crit hits (assume these will be up at all times unless there is an ICD?)

2) base damage of cast time abilities (excluding channeled) by 650 + proc of 300sp from single target abilities.

question is which is the better one for Inq since ill be playing that mainly when DPSing although i occasionally use Oracle. im leaning towards the 2nd as the bolts make up the main portion of the damage i do although the 1st will promote the DoT's and channels.

side question, is AI considered a channel or 3xBoD when it comes to calculation for this kind of thing? seems to give mixed messages since the tooltip says it casts BoD once every 0.66s rather than saying it does x damage over 2s like Nysyrs for example
    Definitely looking for confirmation from the community on this one, but I believe that inquisitor abilities are tagged as cast time with a 0s cast. I also believe that the damage from AI is affected by modifiers to cast time abilities as it is BoD doing the damage rather than AI itself.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

im aware that BoJ and BoD are cast time abilities even when procced to instant but since AI is a channeled ability that casts them im unsure if they are still considered as seperate BoD's or a single channel. id assume they are seperate making the 2nd crystal above the better choice but obviously the 1st is better for Cab and Oracle.

Plane Touched

I'm not seeing my sp go up with the annihilation crystal 4/4. I don't have the other one.

EDIT: I'm not seeing any stat change swapping out my Annihilation Crystal. My SP goes up by 200 when equipping the Savant's Crystal. Also not seeing any change on BoR/BoJ
    Last edited by Emtbob; 11-04-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    I'm not seeing my sp go up with the annihilation crystal 4/4. I don't have the other one.

EDIT: I'm not seeing any stat change swapping out my Annihilation Crystal. My SP goes up by 200 when equipping the Savant's Crystal. Also not seeing any change on BoR/BoJ
    Mentoring breaks the crystals, relogging will sort them out again, pretty sure this will be what your experiencing.

As for which is best, personally I've gone with the eldritch crystal for now. My reasoning is - eldritch is hands down best for oracle and shaman, and whilst annhiliation maybe better at the moment for inq, its very marginal and as gear improves the eldritch will be better too I think, 1.7% extra crit and 50 more SP > fixed 650 on bolts, once SP reaches a certain level. Havn't worked out what they level is, but it must exist.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

+ Reply to Thread