+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideal Stats for 65?

Default Ideal Stats for 65?

Hey everyone,

I've been a player for a couple of years now--casual--but I've always had a low end dps problem. Coming out of SLEs I could pull around 8K walking into T1s, and after grinding Torvan and T1s, getting into T2s I was sitting around 12K just before 3.0 dropped.

Now, however, running NTEs, I've been booted twice now for low dps. Soloing INQ on a raid dummy I was making about 20-21K, but in-NTEs it was about 16-17K. Spoke to someone who advised me to come here and check things out again, and I found a new spec with a new rotation. Adjusting the spec I had before (it was the one with defiler and justicar) brought a sloppy rotation to between 25-30K, so it seems like if I tighten it up it'll pull higher, more consistent numbers.

However, this particular aspect of the game--knowing whether its rotation, spec, or gear that's affecting DPS--has never been very clear to me. People have always been good at telling me what kind of gear I should be farming, or what kind of DPS I should be pulling, or what's best in slot, but the tie between DPS and stats (spell power v spell crit v crit power) hasn't ever been very clear.

I just kind of wanted to turn my experience today to a broader question: what stats should I be shooting for, and where should I expect my DPS to be?

I attached a screenshot of my stats below--that's with about 4 pieces of NTE gear, full torvan essences, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ideal Stats for 65?-rift-11-04-2014-3-32-58.jpg  

Rift Chaser

im at work currently so cannot check my stats or exact dps numbers but iirc, using 61inq/11sham/4def, im at around 10-11k sp and hit about 30k+ in experts with opening burst CD block putting me to around 45k+ (fight dependant). if you say you can reach 25-30k dps with 8.5k sp id say you are probably in the right area.

I cant remember my crit or cp stats so will have to assume they are slightly higher than yours but since we have low amounts and thus lower scaling they wont make as much difference as your sp pre raid gear (that should have a more significant amount of stats).

unfortunately I see you have no earring slots which can return a nice chunk of stats similar to what your rings can give but that will take time to farm the required VS to unlock. id also suggest looking into upgrading or buying some gear (with dungeon marks) along with a synergy crystal, for the bonuses, as they can give a significant bump to your dps.

either that or try your hand at healing until you have slightly better gear, since the current Experts require support or even a second healer for some parts (especially in PuGs) asking for support shouldn't get you kicked as most expect it to be needed in parts (but don't hold your breath). if you take this route then take a look at Purifier as it is the best fit tool for Expert healing currently with all its shields.

Do you have Defiler? Learn it and link bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    However, this particular aspect of the game--knowing whether its rotation, spec, or gear that's affecting DPS--has never been very clear to me.
    Low DPS is pretty much always caused by either spec or rotation. Gear might make the difference between good DPS and great DPS, but if you aren't pressing the right buttons with the right build, you generally won't be pulling respectable numbers. Even in terrible gear, you can still pull solid DPS if you're doing it right.

Ascendant

At 800 hit and around 9k SP I was around 30k DPS. You don't need good gear to pull DPS that is respectable. Like Muspel said it is probably a rotation/spec issue. Inq is honestly fairly easy now, the guide you linked has great Karuul Alerts for Inq that help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    At 800 hit and around 9k SP I was around 30k DPS. You don't need good gear to pull DPS that is respectable. Like Muspel said it is probably a rotation/spec issue. Inq is honestly fairly easy now, the guide you linked has great Karuul Alerts for Inq that help a lot.
    The karuul alerts have helped, definitely. The burst on a dummy pulls around 33, then once I'm into a rotation with dots/bolts/bursts it settles around 27, with a little more room to tighten it up.

I feel like this kind of illustrates my problem at large though--at 800 hit you still had more spell power than I did. I was still in the 7ks. Now, sitting at 900 hit, I have the same spell power you had when you first started NTEs. Someone has pointed out that I still don't have an NTE two hander or wand, and they said that's what made the biggest difference for them.

Plane Touched

I'm at 850 hit, roughly 4600 wisdom, just shy of 9k sp and 800 cp. I usualy defile or purifier NTEs but when I do dps, i can pull 36-37k dps when burning bosses with inquisitor (61 inquis, 15 defiler, 0 just), and when dodging mechanic I can usualy maintain around 30k
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    The karuul alerts have helped, definitely. The burst on a dummy pulls around 33, then once I'm into a rotation with dots/bolts/bursts it settles around 27, with a little more room to tighten it up.

I feel like this kind of illustrates my problem at large though--at 800 hit you still had more spell power than I did. I was still in the 7ks. Now, sitting at 900 hit, I have the same spell power you had when you first started NTEs. Someone has pointed out that I still don't have an NTE two hander or wand, and they said that's what made the biggest difference for them.
    Yes, weapons are massively important. The difference between a blue 200 hit 2H and an epic 250 2H can be upwards of 1000sp. Also bear in mind, there are items that contribute that don't give hit (earrings, rings, cape, sigil, etc). Look at upgrading your lesser s and what not. Also, check your PA levels. Try to max that out if you aren't. Plenty of ways to get more stats.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread