+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request Inquisitor 3.0 rotation

Rift Chaser

Default Request Inquisitor 3.0 rotation

Request Inquisitor 3.0 rotation with all the abilities in use... i got an idea of what to do with hd,ai,nr,ss, but it just feels so awkward atm for me... just doesn't flow like the old rotation.

I adapt to suit the situation, if its an expert boss and I am covering spiritual deficiency and clinging spirit I'll prioritise these things, and open with a hard cast BoD + SD > Dots > BoJ's > CD block then into maintenance.

If its a raid situation where i don't need to prioritise debuffs and I need to delay CD's until support buffs are up, but i have more time to pre load things then i will pre load some stacks of zealotry and do a similar things without the SD ofc.

If i want to unload immediaitely with no wating then hard cast fana + Bod and immediately into CD's.

But the basic rotation hasn't changed at all really, your still working the priorities, DoT's channels and Bolts.

Scourge > SH > AI > NR > SS > BoD > BoR > BoJ.

The highest DPS is acheived by working it out in a way that keeps the DoT's up without delaying on the channels and keeps 100% uptime on mental resilience.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Mostly what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Scourge > SH > AI > NR > SS > BoD > BoR > BoJ
    NR > AI though, AI only does 3 BoD now.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

* When should I use my channels? One after another? With Fanatacism? One every 30 seconds (for Mental Resilience)?
    * Can someone list the new CD block?
    * I assume the level 65 mastery that is the channel works with Approbation (reduces CD of other channels)?

When someone says C/D block I think of Orchestra + Flaring Power.

I'm sure that the best option would be to use all 5 of your channels + the BoD's that go with them in that time period.

And, it's pretty ugly that you got 5 channels nearly back to back, but on the bright side you can move for 3 of them.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    I adapt to suit the situation, if its an expert boss and I am covering spiritual deficiency and clinging spirit I'll prioritise these things, and open with a hard cast BoD + SD > Dots > BoJ's > CD block then into maintenance.

If its a raid situation where i don't need to prioritise debuffs and I need to delay CD's until support buffs are up, but i have more time to pre load things then i will pre load some stacks of zealotry and do a similar things without the SD ofc.

If i want to unload immediaitely with no wating then hard cast fana + Bod and immediately into CD's.

But the basic rotation hasn't changed at all really, your still working the priorities, DoT's channels and Bolts.

Scourge > SH > AI > NR > SS > BoD > BoR > BoJ.

The highest DPS is acheived by working it out in a way that keeps the DoT's up without delaying on the channels and keeps 100% uptime on mental resilience.
    Do you delay SS 30s then to keep 100% uptime and then use all channels on CD (as long as DoTs are up)?
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 10-30-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Plane Touched

Adaptation of a previous guide for 3.0. Thanks to Ahov and Seatin for their guides. Guide is incomplete and I haven't finished modifying my kalerts for 3.0. I do not have AoE or survival/utility or masteries in this guide. Comments are welcome

Basic DPS
    Shaman offsoul.

Highest Damage
    Dark Water

Variants:
    Pull 1 point out of defiler for Dark Passage or Glacial Shield. Those without defiler can use Shaman, Oracle, or Sentinel for an offsoul

Buffs

Rage Blight
    Shroud of Agony - Without Benevolent Presence
    Armor of Awakening/All Armors
    Spiritual Scruitiny
    Spiritual Protection
    Blighted Greed - Cast on Tank
    Vengeance of the Winter Storm - purge protection

DO NOT USE LINK OF DISTRESS

Spells and acronyms
    Bolt of Judgement - BoJ
    Bolt of Retribution - BoR
    Bolt of Depravity - BoD
    Fanaticism - Fana
    Nysyr's Rebuke - NR
    Aggressive Inquisition - AI
    Unified Theory - UT
    Harsh Discipline - HD
    Soul Stream - SS
    Sanction Heretic - SH
    Scourge
    Vex
    Soul Drain - SD
    Circle of Oblivion - CoO

Concepts

Life and Death Concord and Unified Theory
    Use life damage spells to build 4 stacks of Life and Death Concord and gain Unified Theory, making your Bolt of Depravity instant cast. Nysyr's Rebuke builds 4 stacks and Soul Stream builds 3 stacks

Echoing Concord
    Reduces the cast time of your next Bolt of Judgement/retribution. This is no longer consumed by instant Bolts of Judgement

Darkness
    3 Stacks of Darkness from Dark Water keeps dps running. Do not let this drop off if you are running a cabalist spec. If you let this drop frequently or refresh too early too often do not run a cabalist spec or learn to play better.

Fanaticism/Zealotry
    Fanaticism gives your next attack a 100% chance to crit. Zealotry gives the attack after that a 30% increased chance to crit. Fanaticism is important to use combined with Nysyr's Rebuke, but Fanaticism itself only forces the first tick of Nysyr's to crit. Nysyr's Rebuke gets the 30% increased chance to crit for every tick of Zealotry, so it is important to use an instant attack before Nysyr's Rebuke, the best one being Bolt of Depravity (instant)

Radical Coalescence
    This skill resets all your inquisitor abilities, gives you Unified Theory and Fanaticism, and allows all your channels to be cast while moving. This should be used in pve immediately after your burst rotation (Fana>BoD>BoD>AI>BoD) to repeat your burst

Mental Resilience/Approbation/clipping
    Mental Resilience gives you a 6% damage buff for 30s after casting any channel. HD is the best option to continue the damage buff. HD isn't a significant amount of damage, and you get the most out of it by clipping it after 1 seconds (2 ticks), by casting another spell once the channel's Global Cooldown is finisheshed. HD is the only channel you want to clip with any regularity.

Approbation gives any channel on cooldown a 3s reduction in cooldown. This is important to keep NR/AI in line after RC, but you'll see SS gets 12s+3s reduction during the 2m cooldown block and a 6s+3s reduction.

Highest Damage Bolt
    Your highest damage life bolt depends on several circumstances:
    With any stacks of echoing concord: BoR
    With cast time reduction from Archon/Beastmaster: BoR
    Without cast time reduction or while moving: BoJ

Damage
    The basic damage rotation of the Inquisitor is Scourge > Vex > 4x Bolts Macro> Instant BoD
    Refresh Scourge and Vex immediately as they fall off

The burst rotation is
    Fanaticism > UT BoD> Nysyr's Rebuke > Aggressive Inquisition > BoD

With Radical Coalescence its

Fana > UT BoD> NR > AI > UT BoD > RC > Fanaticism > BoD > Nysyr's > Aggressive Inquisition > BoD

If scourge/vex are going to drop off before Nysyr's finishes its cast, and you havn't used Fanaticism/BoD yet use the filler macro. If casting Scourge/Vex after RC is cast gives the best damage in the rotation.

Ideal start with raid burst:
    HD > Scourge > SH > (Raid buffs) SS > Fana > UT BoD> NR > AI > UT BoD > Scourge > SH RC > Fanaticism > BoD > Nysyr's > Aggressive Inquisition > BoD

Macros

Instant Attack Spam
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Scourge

Bolt of Retribution
    #show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Depravity
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Scourge

NR/AI
    #show Nysyr's Rebuke
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Aggressive Inquisition

AoE
    #show Soul Drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Drain
    cast @gtae Circle of Oblivion
    cast Circle of Oblivion

Purge
    #show Purge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Purge
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Marrow Harvest

#show Purge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Purge
    cast @focus Sanction Heretic
    cast @focus Bolt of Judgment
    cast @focus Marrow Harvest

Interrupt
    #show Confound
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Confound

Rift Disciple

NR/AI
    #show Nysyr's Rebuke
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Aggressive Inquisition

Would it be worth putting Soul Stream at the end of this macro and casting it right after AI for 3 stacks of Life and Death Concord,

so it would go NR-UT BOD-IA-SS-BoJ or BoR - UT BoD-
    Last edited by mauzer80; 10-30-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Plane Touched

AI followed immediately by a UT BOD is part of the burst as it gives you an additional SoC consumption proc. AI>BoD>SH>Scourge>UT>BoD gives an additional proc

SS is used independantly and for max dps on cooldown. Its only used in the CD blocks to jumpstart your initial 2 minute CD block during the raid burn.

Add: Fanaticism needs to be used the second its off cd or not at all if you want to use it on the 30s. Don't wait for anything else, your CD block depends on it being up.

forgot a couple macros

#show Radical Coalescence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Bolt of Depravity

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

EDIT:
    You CAN macro HD and SS together if you are lazy but I don't recommend it.
    Last edited by Emtbob; 10-30-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Is the 5% damage from using Defiler as the 5 point soul better than the 10% spellpower from Oracle 5pt?
    www.riftraidguides.com

Llokii@greybriar | Llokia@greybriar
    <The Dawntreaders>

Rift Disciple

Thanks Emtbob.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Oracle grants you 10% Spellpower and 3.75%Damage
    Using Defiler as the Subsoul grants you 5%Damage, 10% Wisdom and Rage Blight (and Marrow Harvest)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    Is the 5% damage from using Defiler as the 5 point soul better than the 10% spellpower from Oracle 5pt?
    I have not done offsoul comparisons. 10 Shaman/5 defiler and 10 Cabalist/5 defiler used to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Do you delay SS 30s then to keep 100% uptime and then use all channels on CD (as long as DoTs are up)?
    No blue, I use HD to refresh MR and rupt it after 2nd tick.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

Makes sense, thanks to usman and emt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast