+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Save Meh Beacon!

Default Save Meh Beacon!

So, in Return to to empyrean core, I was messing around, and I summoned my beacon on Doctor Perfidious. As you can all guess, my beacon died without much hesitation.

Ha ha, lol, die beacon die.

Jokes on me though.

Later on I summon my beacon, and to my surprise, it steadily takes damage and dies. I chalk it up to some random aoe.

I summon my beacon later, and it takes damage again, eventually dieing.

I summon my beacon again, and try my bestest to heal it, and it dies.

This goes on and on and on.

Until:http://www.tkagiro.com/imageboard/src/141464446825.jpg

We reached ~~100k hps on my beacon until it took over 100% it's HP per tick(the damage ramps up), since we had puri+liberator+chloro+defiler spamming heals on this unfortunate beacon of despair.

Please save my beacon trion!!!

Which, is oddly named very accurately at this point.

Btw, the debuff has no tooltip, or timer.
    Last edited by Zehne; 10-29-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Edit:

Not sure this fixed it or not, but I summoned my beacon and unstabled it in a NMR and then ran out of the rift.

Since my beacon is a buff it was force despawned.

I re-summoned by beacon again and it appeared with unstable on it, and again I ran out of the NMR and despawned it.

I then re-summoned it outside the NMR and let it be, it was unstabled for another 5 seconds, and took no damage.

My beacon no-longer takes damage when summoned, but it took a few hours of trying everything i could think of to save it!

Plane Touched

This is an old and reoccurring bug. What is occurring is that there is a debuff on your beacon that is persisting through death. By casting your beacon and placing unstable on it, you are slowing your beacon to take the damage and count the timer on the debuff down until it wears off. Please report it to the devs using the in game bug reporting tool.

This issue is super annoying. In the past, the debuff has been so strong that the beacon INSTANTLY dies, requiring a dev to reset your character.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Some months ago i have contacted the support for the same problem and here's the answer

Response Senior GM Nydolaistra via Email 03/16/2014 01:37 AM
    Hello Paoloh,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

This issue is caused by a known bug where some debuffs can get stuck on the Beacon, it is not related to your Crystals.

In order to fix this please create the following macro:
    /cast Summon Beacon of Despair
    /cancelbuff Summon Beacon of Despair

You will need to spam this macro, likely many many times in order to get the debuff off the Beacon. At this time this is the only workaround that's available unfortunately, so we encourage you to keep trying until it works.
    After 5 or 6 times the macro worked and the beacon of despair goes back to normal.
    - Rift - PaolOh - Guardian - Cleric
    Guild: New Order - Typhiria

So, the timer on the debuff doesn't show up, but exists?

If so, then the best way to get rid of it is to get a party of healers together and try as hard as possible to keep it alive as long as possible I take it.

in other words, heal party over here!, healing dummies got nothing on my beacon.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    So, the timer on the debuff doesn't show up, but exists?

If so, then the best way to get rid of it is to get a party of healers together and try as hard as possible to keep it alive as long as possible I take it.

in other words, heal party over here!, healing dummies got nothing on my beacon.
    PaolOh is also correct. That was a solution that was widely employed and very successful. Thanks for the reminder there. Spam that macro
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

The macro to save beacons :

#show summon beacon of despair
    cast Summon Beacon of Despair
    cancelbuff Summon Beacon of Despair

shame on u for not remembering ;p
    Last edited by meph1111; 11-19-2014 at 01:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread