+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Cleric Advice

Shadowlander

Default Need Cleric Advice

Hey All,

Wanted to start playing again, with the new exp but this time I wanted to go heals on a cleric (yes I know I can heal on any calling now, but wanted to stick with cleric),

But I need advice on what are pretty good build for dps when I just want to solo and level and then a good heals build for group stuff?, its probably better to use different build instead of one for everything.

Cheers.

Rift Chaser

at the moment due to the endgame dungeons and content mobs hit VERY hard so anything other than Purifier (for Cleric) for running dungeons will not be able to keep up. saying that, some also require 2 healers so you could delve in to a hybrid or use a build like Defiler or Warden depending on what is required as the 2nd healer.

as for DPS Inq seems to be FOTM, we have the highest burst and can be fairly mobile at ranged (although half of our burst CD block requires standing still). you can still use Shaman if you like but I think the gap is fairly small with these recent Inq changes.

if you want a build for DPS and solo I recommend something like 61Inq/8Justicar/7Oracle. this is what I use and it has high burst (can kill most standard lvl65 mobs with NR, AI and BoD), saving CD's and some nice trickle healing. a lot of the time for AoE I just DoT up with SH (with the vex mastery), Scourge, Wasting insignia and Vex (if SH is on CD) on everything, most mobs will be dead or close so you can finish up with a SD. for the rest macro BoR above BoJ and use the melee/hammer if you need a little extra healing, apart from that its the standard Inq rotation of 4xlife to 1 BoD with the channels thrown in for burst.

if not use Druid for soloing as that never fails

I Would agree with what Flip said. I have been running Inquisitor for DPS for months now and with some changes they are pretty strong right now. I have two specs for Inq, 61 inq/15 defiler for PvE and 61 inq/8 oracle/7 defiler for pvp.

Start getting used to Purifier if you want a healing spec. With the changes to healing Purifier would be a great choice right now.

Shadowlander

I've been using a lot of 58 inquisitor hybrid builds. Justicar is pretty essential. Currently I've been using 58inquis/7justicar/11cabalist. Why cabalist? It adds a little dps with passives and I really like using dark passage to teleport around (it's stupidly fun and can help you with a few things). Doctrine of Bliss because cavalier gives a good amount of conviction generation and those heals reduce the need to eat or wait on regen after a rough pull/fight. I don't have shroud of agony currently because at 63 I took the all inquis armor talent that disallows it's usage but until 63 I was using shroud obviously and didn't have that useless point in perseverance.

For healing I use the standard 61sent/15puri/0ward 5 man build that focuses on single target sent healing to keep the tank up. At 65 I might be switching this to a puri build instead from the looks of it but for leveling sent is strong. There's almost no reason to actually DO the 5 mans and I've been leveling 90% of the time through questing even though I prefer to heal but WHATEVER
    Last edited by Scubah; 10-29-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Rift Chaser

i havent tried Sentinel healing in Experts yet but since i can struggle on some packs with Puri im not sure i want to make the switch. since trash in particular is very spiky and spikes frequently you need as much effective HP on the tank which Puir provides (its shields allow the Tanks HP to go beyond their max). for example in Empyrean Core the trash before the Doctor can hit for upto 20k per hit EACH, with 4 of them thats upto 80k damage every 1-2s that you have to cope with.

since most Tanks entering experts have between 100-110k HP (im upto 115k with 900 hit), 4 adds hitting them for 20k a piece will make reactive healing (Sentinel) very hard to make work because if your heals dont land between blows your tank will get to know the floor very well. Atleast with Puri it doesnt matter when your heals land because the shields from the previous heal will catch the damage so all you are doing is topping off the Tank and refreshing shields.

p.s. tonight i got 2x EC experts and the Trash seem to have syncronized their attacks. as soon as our Cabalist ran out of CC the tank was taking 70-80k hits (4x mobs hitting at the same time) which meant he went from full to 25% per hit so using Sentinel would have been impossible.

Shadowlander

Well from what I've read/heard from others is some trash can't realistically be healed through and chain aoe stun as well as kiting is needed unless you are using 2 healers. CD's can probably keep it stable but once those are gone is where cc and kite should probably step in.

+ Reply to Thread