+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor 3.0 PvP Theorycrafting

Champion of Telara

Default Inquisitor 3.0 PvP Theorycrafting

3.0 is a game changer for Inquisitor in PvP as Aggressive Inquisition has finally given the class a reliable burst mechanic that allows us to apply true killing power instead of trying to wear people down with DoTs and hope to get an uninterrupted Nysyr's off as a finisher.

Pre 3.0 8 Oracle/ 7 Shaman was the clear spec winner because the stacking Spell Power buffs synergized so well with Inquisitor tree abilities.

Right now, since Spell Power is not as big of an issue I am running Shaman/Justicar with the Justicar crystal and prioritizing heal/absorb talents in the Masteries. I am looking to find a balance between offense and taking advantage of the % Health based abilities through the Justicar tree, keeping a constant stream of small heals going through DoTs, Salvation, and Vicar's Resilience.

How are other people approaching PvP?
    Last edited by Caeus; 10-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.

I'm not the greatest Inq in game but I have been running 61inq - 10 just - 5 oracle. But I might change it a little. I'm curious how 8 oracle 7 justicar would do.

Champion of Telara

Also the 10% to DoT damage from Cabalist seems to have a big impact on the delves of the various channels.

Right now I am trying 8 oracle 7 defiler. This should be interesting.

Well if your talking pvp, then other obvious spec is 12 defiler for a cleanse and a small heal, or 11 Cab for dark passage.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Plane Touched

I use 11 cab for dark passage which IMO is a must for PvP. I also put 4 points in defiler for the 5% damage buff and extra wisdom boost. A 3 min parse I do about 37k average DPS and 42k burst on a dummy. You can prob squeze out more damage with other sub souls but this spec works well for me in PvP.

Champion of Telara

Spell Power is still huge for Inquisitor, which makes Shaman and Oracle attractive sub specs.. Dark Passage is very hard to pass up though, I agree.

I'm currently running two specs... im having a hard time with which one I like better though.
    10 shaman/5 defiler and 11 shaman/4 oracle. I do get more end with the second one... will have to test more next time I get on.

Champion of Telara

I've been running 13 Defiler/2 Justicar for about a week now in PvP and I really like it.

Between the heals from Contempt, Salvation, and Vicar's Resilience my health pool will stay nearly topped off whenever I am not directly targeted. Loathsome Restoration is good between fights to spam health back up as well. Jealous Intervention and Purge make dealing with Pyros and Sins much easier and the damage is still pretty top notch.

It misses extra breaks but it is sturdy enough to survive most CC to the point where JP or Soul Stream can be used for healing. Bolt of Radiance is a slight DPS increase to BoR and delivers a nice shot of healing.

Soulwalker

Default what about this build?

61Inq/11Sha/4Puri
    You get Glacial shield, Sign of wrath, Symbol of the torch and the spammable Healing flare

otherwise

61inq/8orac/7just
    I use it for pvp and as a dps oriented support in experts

+ Reply to Thread