+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 274

Thread: Thanks for starting nerfing Clerics Trion, I hope all will enjoy game with no healers

  1. #1
    Telaran Kozlik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default Thanks for starting nerfing Clerics Trion, I hope all will enjoy game with no healers

    Well basing on last beta, and basing on patch-notes someone showed with removing whole abilities from Shaman soul definitely makes me roll to non cleric on release, that makes -1 healer in game. Same I heard already from many mine friends.

    Well done, keep it this way, and we will have only 1% of people playing Clerics here, the ones who are addicted to be healers with no good DD builds, playing only healer is really boring and will force most healers to roll on alt chars to be able to kill. And good job everyone who was whining about " omg omg nerf clercs!!!!" - I wish you to search a healer to go to dungeon\do some raiding\make PvP group for hours and day.

    like 50% of mine excitement for RIFT is just gone, need some more such "good fixes" to just sell mine CE + 6month subscription and forget that this game even existed.

    And for angry troll out there. Its not a troll post or something, its just a fact - this kind of nerfs ruin all plans that many people had for game.

    And Trion, with all that "preordernow" stuff all over the site\e-mail\videos making steps like this is stupid I think. Because some people ( like me ) and to be true there are very much of such kind, pre ordered that your game for one reason - I liked playing Shaman (could be any other class) for some time ( beta 1 2 3 4 5) and that was 99% of reason to buy this game and play as a favored Shaman after release. And now you just make such a unbelievable major change to a class that makes me no longer want to play it. And to be honest for now I dont even see any other class that I could want to be in here. That means I may be will not play this game at all. Think about your actions Trion and think really well. For now it really stinks....

  2. #2
    Ascendant Corwynn_Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    I played a game once in Beta where I loved a specific build. Two weeks before launch that build was in my opinion nerfed into the ground.

    On release I chose a different build and played the game. I found that I enjoyed the game quite a bit playing as the new build, and though I missed playing the old character type, I was able to have plenty of fun playing the new one.

    I am very sorry that you believe that your character will somehow be less fun, and that this is upsetting you. I hope that you are able to work through your disappointment and either adapt as a Shaman or find a different character that you enjoy playing.

    Best Wishes in any event!
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    183

    Default

    A cleric that gives up on being a healer because his toys don't fit into his favourite pram doesn't have the dedication to be a proper healer, anyway. Go ahead, roll something else - it means one less fail healer in our groups. In the meantime I'll continue healing the party or raid, come hell or high water, and with me the others to whom it's not a numbers race but a case of making things work no matter how, when or why.
    History is not written by those who are right,
    But by those who are left.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    All I got from that was "I wanted to play an overpowered healer who can do the healing of a dedicated healer and the dps of a mage. Now it's been fixed I'm going to cry".

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    666

    Default

    DId you consider the source of these patch notes?

  6. #6
    Hux
    Hux is offline
    Rift Disciple Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Aarhus
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlik View Post
    Well basing on last beta, and basing on patch-notes someone showed with removing whole abilities from Shaman soul definitely makes me roll to non cleric on release, that makes -1 healer in game. Same I heard already from many mine friends.

    Well done, keep it this way, and we will have only 1% of people playing Clerics here, the ones who are addicted to be healers with no good DD builds, playing only healer is really boring and will force most healers to roll on alt chars to be able to kill. And good job everyone who was whining about " omg omg nerf clercs!!!!" - I wish you to search a healer to go to dungeon\do some raiding\make PvP group for hours and day.

    like 50% of mine excitement for RIFT is just gone, need some more such "good fixes" to just sell mine CE + 6month subscription and forget that this game even existed.

    And for angry troll out there. Its not a troll post or something, its just a fact - this kind of nerfs ruin all plans that many people had for game.

    And Trion, with all that "preordernow" stuff all over the site\e-mail\videos making steps like this is stupid I think. Because some people ( like me ) and to be true there are very much of such kind, pre ordered that your game for one reason - I liked playing Shaman (could be any other class) for some time ( beta 1 2 3 4 5) and that was 99% of reason to buy this game and play as a favored Shaman after release. And now you just make such a unbelievable major change to a class that makes me no longer want to play it. And to be honest for now I dont even see any other class that I could want to be in here. That means I may be will not play this game at all. Think about your actions Trion and think really well. For now it really stinks....
    You really need to look at the big picture here - there are more than 300 ways to build each calling, i'm sure you'll find something else that's also alot of fun without being OP, they probably nerfed your specc for a reason and not just to annoy you.
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

  7. #7
    Ascendant phoenixfire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlik View Post
    Well basing on last beta, and basing on patch-notes someone showed with removing whole abilities from Shaman soul definitely makes me roll to non cleric on release, that makes -1 healer in game. Same I heard already from many mine friends.

    Well done, keep it this way, and we will have only 1% of people playing Clerics here, the ones who are addicted to be healers with no good DD builds, playing only healer is really boring and will force most healers to roll on alt chars to be able to kill. And good job everyone who was whining about " omg omg nerf clercs!!!!" - I wish you to search a healer to go to dungeon\do some raiding\make PvP group for hours and day.

    like 50% of mine excitement for RIFT is just gone, need some more such "good fixes" to just sell mine CE + 6month subscription and forget that this game even existed.

    And for angry troll out there. Its not a troll post or something, its just a fact - this kind of nerfs ruin all plans that many people had for game.

    And Trion, with all that "preordernow" stuff all over the site\e-mail\videos making steps like this is stupid I think. Because some people ( like me ) and to be true there are very much of such kind, pre ordered that your game for one reason - I liked playing Shaman (could be any other class) for some time ( beta 1 2 3 4 5) and that was 99% of reason to buy this game and play as a favored Shaman after release. And now you just make such a unbelievable major change to a class that makes me no longer want to play it. And to be honest for now I dont even see any other class that I could want to be in here. That means I may be will not play this game at all. Think about your actions Trion and think really well. For now it really stinks....
    a) shaman isn't a healer
    b) 1% will play clerics? really?
    c) the game is beta, no class is likely to be the same at release as they are today, for better or worse
    d) the notes you are reading are alpha, they don't even exist to you
    e) ultimatums are bad

    gl

  8. #8
    Rift Master Josaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia WA Perth
    Posts
    678

    Default

    What people need to understand is that we, all of us, were invited to play the Betas in order to report all aspects of the game to Trion. Instead, what I have read so much of on the forum is how bad this soul is or the entire class has become. It's not fair. This is unacceptable and I am leaving. I am so good because I killed x amount of this class in PVP.

    Non of this is constructive. Feedback is necessary for the devs to consider and each time you play another Beta round, again there will be changes. When the game is released much of what you know now will be different. This is a testing ground that's all.

  9. #9
    Telaran Kozlik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    someone just posted a link to some new patch notes I didnt really read all of them its a textwall, i only looked in a Shaman section and it was terrible... And for someone posted about fail healers, I always played all games as healer as a main char, and had to have alts for fun. And this game offered me something that made mine decision to buy it. I could have one char with 2 roles, a healer, and a melee DD i liked, and it was not any overpower in that not like healer or not like melee dps, but now Shaman class is broken and I dont want to go for alt chars again, and dont want to play that new pathetic Shaman also, and I dont even see any other class in game that I would love as I loved a Shaman. Thats just it, just wanted to thank Trion for all this in that thread...

    And as for "fail healers" dude you dont know me, so please do not judge ok? When I switched to a heal role and did go with party to PvP or dungeons as a healer - every one was more then happy and all I heard was tons of complements to mine healing and I made like 5 - 10 runs to every dungeon in game already most of them in mine healing role.

  10. #10
    Telaran Kozlik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josaline View Post
    What people need to understand is that we, all of us, were invited to play the Betas in order to report all aspects of the game to Trion. Instead, what I have read so much of on the forum is how bad this soul is or the entire class has become. It's not fair. This is unacceptable and I am leaving. I am so good because I killed x amount of this class in PVP.

    Non of this is constructive. Feedback is necessary for the devs to consider and each time you play another Beta round, again there will be changes. When the game is released much of what you know now will be different. This is a testing ground that's all.

    OK then why all of this "PRE ORDER NOW" stuff over flooded in ingame chat server messages \ e-mail beta invites \ all over the web site etc.

    my point is that If trion went this way, all into getting larg sales ammount they should THINK before act, just that simple. Again I posted mine thoughts, they may not be ideal but they are mine, and I know a lot of people who thought same way.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlik View Post
    Well basing on last beta, and basing on patch-notes someone showed with removing whole abilities from Shaman soul definitely makes me roll to non cleric on release, that makes -1 healer in game. Same I heard already from many mine friends.
    +1 Healer. The nature of this post inspired me to heal!

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwin View Post
    +1 Healer. The nature of this post inspired me to heal!
    This,
    A dps spec shouldnt be what makes or breaks a primarily healer class.

  13. #13
    Hux
    Hux is offline
    Rift Disciple Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Aarhus
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlik View Post
    OK then why all of this "PRE ORDER NOW" stuff over flooded in ingame chat server messages \ e-mail beta invites \ all over the web site etc.

    my point is that If trion went this way, all into getting larg sales ammount they should THINK before act, just that simple. Again I posted mine thoughts, they may not be ideal but they are mine, and I know a lot of people who thought same way.
    Tbh, just because they tell you to it doesn't mean you have to. What are you, stupid?

    These "a lot of people" have yet to announce themselves, and thus, it just looks like one player QQing over game changes in a BETA...

    Say it with me now: BETA, not released product.
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Since this is beta its not nerfing its called testing and fixing. You can't nerf that which doesn't even exist.
    Fixing is what betas are all about.

  15. #15
    JDS
    JDS is offline
    Plane Touched JDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland.
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I'm gonna make a cleric healer now, I wasn't going to before but it's things like this y'know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts