+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Problems with 3.0 solo-levelling

Soulwalker

Default Problems with 3.0 solo-levelling

I have been having issues with solo-levelling as a cleric thus far in 3.0. Because of the change to endurance vs. base health, shields have been nerfed. I don't know if that's the problem, or it's the lower self-healing relative to maximum health.

I have run Druid 51/Shaman 13/Inquisitor 2 and I have run Druid 51/Shaman 9/Justicar 6.

I like Melee builds, but I'm willing to switch to a ranged if I have to level. Any suggestions?

For me this build worked really well:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/#...Gal5kBiAG8/r88
    Masteries: soul collector, divine inspiration (so you don't sacrifice shroud of agony), faith's freedom, diversify, soul stream

Normal inquisitor rotation with Bolt of Radiance on top of Bolt of Judgment for a tiny bit more damage and self heal, and you get Doctrine of Bliss to heal yourself on hard pulls or in between pulls to recover faster. Usually able to pull 3 or 4 mobs without dying. Don't forget to use Harsh Discipline, Beholder and Judicial Priviledge when needed !
    Good luck and have fun !
    Last edited by fufi; 10-24-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Plane Touched

Go full 61 pt Inq. I have yet to die unless I pull numerous mobs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1780 View Post
    Go full 61 pt Inq. I have yet to die unless I pull numerous mobs.
    +1

I use 61 inquis/15 defiler and have no issues staying alive.
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Soulwalker

Thanks, I will try out Inquisitor. It seems strange not being able to pull more than 1 mob most of the time, where I am used to pulling multiple. I appreciate the help!

I run 61 inquis, 10 warden and 5 defiler for NT. I can hot myself with the warden, and get lots of heals from Judicial Privilege.
    Works well for me.

Rift Master

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...Dk4Eg5pgkw/r8w
    Is Surprisingly good DPS wise and survival wise.

The 1st Mastery that buffs Resounding Blow is blessing as well.

With this I can take on 2-3 mobs at a time easily.

I run an almost standard Silenus build and have had no problems. Only deaths I've had were due to doing something stupid, like charging into an elite Invasion pack, doh!

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/#...kGBiBhlkl8/n8q

Pretty standard play style, I use the Seer pet almost exclusively, manually toggling between AE and ST, been pulling NT mobs 2-4 at a time when possible. Seems to me the mob spawns are not dense enough, could use a few more mobs put in.

Maybe gear related tho, I am in all t1 with t2 rings, chest, and boots.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 10-25-2014 at 12:07 AM.

I am running 61 druid, 10 justi and 5 shaman. 1-2 mobs is fine, but where before the patch using the seer would keep me healed now aid of the forest may as well not even be toggled as the healing from it seems worthless. If I don't have the healer out I am toast and she seems to be forgetting to cast the big heal 90% of the time so I have a hot ticking at a whopping 3-500 most of the time which doesn't do much when mobs are hitting 1.5k+

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    I am running 61 druid, 10 justi and 5 shaman. 1-2 mobs is fine, but where before the patch using the seer would keep me healed now aid of the forest may as well not even be toggled as the healing from it seems worthless. If I don't have the healer out I am toast and she seems to be forgetting to cast the big heal 90% of the time so I have a hot ticking at a whopping 3-500 most of the time which doesn't do much when mobs are hitting 1.5k+
    Before NT the healer pet used all his skills, now she seems to forget about the big heal. A bug maybe?

Possibly a bug but as for the seer... she just seems redundant now as the healing from her damage doesn't do jack if I have more then 2-3 mobs, and even then it's dicey.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Possibly a bug but as for the seer... she just seems redundant now as the healing from her damage doesn't do jack if I have more then 2-3 mobs, and even then it's dicey.
    I'm glad others have noticed. I hope some of these issues are addressed. I ran a couple of dungeons today as druid and got murdered. Mitigation and/or healing should be looked at.

Prophet of Telara

I had to switch to heal fairy too because the healoutput from the AoE is absolutely paltry with the increased HP pools and mob damage in NT zones. For ST fights the new Inq is pretty solid though, esp if you have puri, justi or def as subsouls for survivability boosts.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

i use http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Y8k/DkGBiBhml2A/r8k the 10% damage absorb combined with shield of oak and justicar heal trickle and seer heal trickle keeps me alive pretty well. then again this is just a questing/chronicles build, i would never use it in a group.

I am using 61 Druid and can take out 2 or 3 equal or a level higher mobs than me right now. 61 Inq was working well for solo mob bursting too. Are you using the heal pet or seer? The seer seems to of been nerfed some but it still heals you a lil bit and does pretty good aoe with the toggles on. If it does die just summon a healer pet to finish the mobs off, druid pet summons are really fast compared to other pet classes if their instant cast is used.
    Last edited by Orbitalz; 10-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast