+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Cleric in the game wit some queistons

Soulwalker

Default New Cleric in the game wit some queistons

Hey to all.I want to ask some things.
    First i want to have a good dps cleric and i start my cleric ( at the moment im 46 level ) wit this souls : 5 points on druid ( Speak Softly ) , 10 points on Canalist ( Stroke of Genius 5 points and Entropy 5 points ) all other points i srtat to put on Inquisitor.
    So i want to ask if this is the right way to make a Cleric Dps wit this points or i need to use something else.
    My second question is for Cleric dps what is beter weapons to use Staff only or 1 hand weapon and Off hand ?

Rift Disciple

For a full Inquis build, you're generally going to want points in Shaman (5/5 Dauntless Courage and some points in either Singled Out or Vicious Streak) for the damage boost. Out of all of the sub-souls, this will provide the biggest dps increase.

For your other sub, 5 points in Justicar isn't a bad idea while leveling. It provides you with a small passive self heal when you do damage, which can help keep you alive and reduce downtime. Other options include Defiler, if you have SL souls available, or Cabalist for an extra damage increase.

If you haven't already, you should buy at least one Role from your trainer. Having the option to switch between specs is great. While Inquisitor is great single target damage, it really doesn't open up until the later levels. You might try a full Druid spec in another role. You can use your tank or healing pet to survive in situations where the Inquisitor might not. Something like this would be a good starting point. Again, this is just for leveling/soloing. Inquisitor will be better damage, but less survivability.

As for 2H vs MH/OH, it really doesn't matter. Weapons of equal item level (ie level 60 green, T1, T2, etc), should be fairly equal in stats. Whatever gives you the best bonus is what you should use. There are some PA perks that give a bonus to one or the other, but you won't have those until 60 anyway. Just use whatever you have and don't worry about it until endgame.

Soulwalker

First of all welcome to Rift! If your looking for dps.. use Inquisitor, for soloing / questing I'd have to say 'Druid' Is your best bit, have a ''leveling role'' and a ''dps role'' works like a charm.

Cheers Clericvibes.
    Last edited by Clericvibes; 10-20-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Soulwalker

OK so what do you think about 5 points Dauntless Courage ( Shaman ) + 4 points Vicious Strike ( Shaman ) , +5 points Stoke of Genius ( Cabalist ) and all other on Inquisitor ?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by djidjibiji87 View Post
    OK so what do you think about 5 points Dauntless Courage ( Shaman ) + 4 points Vicious Strike ( Shaman ) , +5 points Stoke of Genius ( Cabalist ) and all other on Inquisitor ?
    I assume you don't have Oracle or Defiler? since one of those is the best options alongside Shaman for Inq DPS. the 10% SP or 10% Wisdom is the choices for those alongside Shamans; 5/5 Dauntless Courage, 2/2 Singled Out and 3/5 Vicious Streak.

not that it matters much, since NT will probably throw this version out, but a lot of people tend to use an 8 cabalist build for the Dark Water (DW). it is a 15s DoT that stacks to 3 and requires refreshing out of sync with the standard rotation (you need to refresh before it wears off and has a travel time). while this does give slightly better numbers it is a lot more painful to manage and is a DPS loss if you drop it and have to restack, which includes target switching.

not sure what level you are now but for the version I recommend your tree should Look Like This at level 50 with the rest of the points thereafter being put into Inquisitor. the things ive left out in the Inquisitor tree here are either not that useful at all (i.e Circle of Oblivion and Shroud of Agony) or of little use till endgame/raiding i.e. Clinging Spirit (since most fights wont last long enough for it to make a difference).

Only issue with Inquisitor in its current state is that until level 58 its rotation doesn't work as well since you don't have instant BoJ, until Spiritual Scrutiny(58-root), and is a turret style (stationary) DPS. once you get to level 58 you get more movement and then at 60 you will get even more during the burst/CD block.

Quote Originally Posted by djidjibiji87 View Post
    Hey to all.I want to ask some things.
    First i want to have a good dps cleric and i start my cleric ( at the moment im 46 level ) wit this souls : 5 points on druid ( Speak Softly ) , 10 points on Canalist ( Stroke of Genius 5 points and Entropy 5 points ) all other points i srtat to put on Inquisitor.
    So i want to ask if this is the right way to make a Cleric Dps wit this points or i need to use something else.
    My second question is for Cleric dps what is beter weapons to use Staff only or 1 hand weapon and Off hand ?
    Are you looking for good DPS for a leveling spec or for instances, and do you prefer melee or ranged DPS?

For single target ranged DPS, use an inquisitor build. The preset is a very good one.

If you have the Storm Legion souls, I'd recommend having a Cabalist/Defiler build for AoE leveling. If not, you should look at the Druidicar or a Shaman build.

Good guides are here
    www.riftraidguides.com

Llokii@greybriar | Llokia@greybriar
    <The Dawntreaders>

Rift Master

I would say your builds depends on your overall goal.

Solo builds should be slightly different than pure DPS builds for simply survivability but one CAN use a pure DPS build to solo with but it makes more sense to balance DPS and survivability in this game when soloing cause you know what you going to run into.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8G910/Dk1gy5l1i/r8w

You might wonder why I don't reduce Massive Blow's cd like Resounding Blow and its because I just use Combined Effort, Resounding Blow, Massive Blow, Essenes Strike in that order every time CE is up.

I drop most mobs a hit or 2 after the 1st rotation.

This provides a good amount of DPS without an overkill of survival. I get the healing pet and Salvation.

If your not worried about survival then you can simply go pure DPS....

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Et2/nkll5kGGFaw/U8
    something similar to this would probably be your best dps. Theres guides all over this forum telling you the best build and how to play it.

+ Reply to Thread