+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Abberyth

Thread: Simple Druid QoL request - Block

Default Simple Druid QoL request - Block

I would really appreciate it if Clerics were able to block without requiring a shield. Warriors/Rogues have our ability to heal now, Rogues/Harb/Arb have Deflect, hell even friar tuck from Robin hood could block with his quarter staff so it would be nice if the favor was returned to Clerics. Put it right over Heed the call in tier 3 exactly where warlord's is for 1pt and call it a job well done.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-17-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    I would really appreciate it if Clerics were able to block without requiring a shield. Warriors/Rogues have our ability to heal now, Rogues/Harb/Arb have Deflect, hell even friar tuck from Robin hood could block with his quarter staff so it would be nice if the favor was returned to Clerics. Put it right over Heed the call in tier 3 exactly where warlord's is for 1pt and call it a job well done.
    Druid doesn't need to block. You need a better reason than because I want it.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Druid doesn't need to block. You need a better reason than because I want it.
    HurDurrr You completely missed the point. That's why it is a Quality of Life request and not "omg we need this for balance!" It would be more fun if Clerics were able to block without a shield and Druid seems like a good tree for it.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-17-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Soulwalker

A quality of life change is something that makes life easier or less annoying. Gaining a stat that would will hardly notice is not such a quality of life change. It is a playstyle change (kinda) but having a new stat to manage that barely does anything is not making your life easier.

Quality of life change: Pet will no longer take weird paths to attack enemies
    Playstyle change: added a new stat that increases the pet's damage when you are closer to it

Rift Chaser

kinda a similar suggestion but I don't see why Clerics and Mages cant have their dodge/parry/block scale off of Wis/Int (obviously block will require a shield still). simply put Rogues and Warriors get it as standard so why cant we? I know it wont make a massive difference but just the little things, especially for soloing reasons. this would also free up some points in the Justicar tree to put something else in, maybe more healing or damaging perks/abilities?

I know its last minute for NT but maybe this could be looked into for future when/if Kervik decides Justicar needs some changes.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    kinda a similar suggestion but I don't see why Clerics and Mages cant have their dodge/parry/block scale off of Wis/Int (obviously block will require a shield still). simply put Rogues and Warriors get it as standard so why cant we? I know it wont make a massive difference but just the little things, especially for soloing reasons. this would also free up some points in the Justicar tree to put something else in, maybe more healing or damaging perks/abilities?

I know its last minute for NT but maybe this could be looked into for future when/if Kervik decides Justicar needs some changes.
    Are you asking for this to be inherent in the classes? I'm not going to speak for mages, but justicars have allowances in the skill tree for exactly that. And because Justicars gain from strength and dex as we'll, they aren't just restricted to chain gear as leather is almost as good from a mitigation standpoint.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    Are you asking for this to be inherent in the classes? I'm not going to speak for mages, but justicars have allowances in the skill tree for exactly that. And because Justicars gain from strength and dex as we'll, they aren't just restricted to chain gear as leather is almost as good from a mitigation standpoint.
    As long as you have the talent specced, you don't gain from dexterity/strength, and it would take a great fool to even think about making a spec without the talent and get a full leather gear to just have significantly less armor and mitigation.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    yes Clerics (and possibly Mages) gain dodge and parry from Str/Dex but when was the last time you saw them wearing gear with those stats? and if there is anyone they shouldn't be!!

all im asking is for it to be universal that you get dodge/parry, with block requiring the main tank buff in the tank tree/root, from your main/off stat rather than just Str/Dex. just seems silly that in order to get these avoidance stats I need to spend 22 points in Justicar, with 4 of those points converting my main/off stat to avoidance when Rogues/Warriors get it for free with EVERY build because that is their main/off stat, seems kinda silly to have this separation especially with all this universalization going on with gear and currency.

would also free up 4 points to make Justicar better since now that Salvation has scaled poorly our defence is slowly getting worse, need some fixes in there and 4 points to be converted to other things may help, but this is another thread. my suggestion should answer the OPs original request without making us OP since Rogues and Warriors naturally have this anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    When you "block" with a weapon its called a Parry. Druids can already Parry. Your asking for something we already do. Of course the chance is very small, you can see it alot if your fighting lower level mobs tho.

I believe Dodge/Parry is gained by Wis/Int for Clerics/Mages.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 10-21-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Only when specced in the right talents in the Justicar/Arbiter trees.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

For quality of life improvements I'd like Ire of Thorns and Eruption of Life combined into one spell. Ire can unlock at the same point to make it fairer.
    I think it makes sense to give druids a unique .5 sec global cooldown self buff like inquis now has, because fae mimicry isn't enough.
    We should also get to duel wield shields and maces.

I'd also like to equip my pet with armor, its not doing enough dps.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Druidsattack View Post
    For quality of life improvements I'd like Ire of Thorns and Eruption of Life combined into one spell. Ire can unlock at the same point to make it fairer.
    this would cause an issue since Thorns does not stack with the support classes version, i.e. Coda of Jepody or Illuminate. so having this, which would be the superior as the Clerics one lasts until you use its stacks (if tagged into EoL) or the one that lasts 1min? best way would be for this to be a buff/debuff for yourself only so it doesn't interfere with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidsattack View Post
    I'd also like to equip my pet with armor, its not doing enough dps.
    id say now not many would back this as all classes would have their pet souls changed in the same way. also having to gear up a second character (effectively) would cause pet souls to gather dust even more due to the effort involved. I agree pets seem to be fairly useless (although Druid has a decent Fairy DPS and not forget the healer) but its just the scaling that needs to be addressed because that is by far the worst flaw with our pets atm.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    When you "block" with a weapon its called a Parry. Druids can already Parry. Your asking for something we already do. Of course the chance is very small, you can see it alot if your fighting lower level mobs tho.

I believe Dodge/Parry is gained by Wis/Int for Clerics/Mages.

Wrong!

1) Clerics and mages do not gain avoidance baseline from wis/int. Only after taking talents in Justicar/Arbiter.

2) Parry is gone. Now there is guard, which is only available to tank souls. So no, druid cannot parry.

I also noticed that the tooltip of Windwalk for shaman still lists increased parry chance. Please fix, devs! Make it enabling guard with a 25% chance for the duration.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Wrong!

1) Clerics and mages do not gain avoidance baseline from wis/int. Only after taking talents in Justicar/Arbiter.

2) Parry is gone. Now there is guard, which is only available to tank souls. So no, druid cannot parry.

I also noticed that the tooltip of Windwalk for shaman still lists increased parry chance. Please fix, devs! Make it enabling guard with a 25% chance for the duration.
    actually parry and dodge were combined into just dodge, so the shaman one should be dodge not guard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    actually parry and dodge were combined into just dodge, so the shaman one should be dodge not guard.
    Wrong again.

Directly from the patch notes:

- All Parry is now Guard.

Besides, Windwalk gave a 25% bonus to both dodge and parry.

+ Reply to Thread