+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help me to build Holy Paladin

Default Please help me to build Holy Paladin

Hello everyone! I just started playing Rift today and I was wondering if you could please help me Holy Paladin? (tank/healer). Which race, class/subclass and skills to get?

Is there no one who could help me?

Plane Touched

Well, there is no such thing as a holy paladin in rift but I guess you could pick one healing soul and one tank soul for a cleric. The race you pick has no real bearing on the build so pick what you like.

Champion of Telara

Rift Master

The Justicar in the Cleric calling is a Tank that procs heals every damage ability used. The heal is for a VERY small amount and negligible at best.

The Justicar ALSO comes with a direct heal and a Damage move that procs a much bigger heal.

Though all these actual heals are nothing your going to be using to keep anybody alive, mostly its to slow your rate of death as a Tank making the healers job slightly easier.

You can make a Hybrid Tank/Healer though neither would be very good at either job.

Now with our "role" system you can swap builds at any given time OUT OF COMBAT, so you can swap from healer to tank.

Hope this answers your question.

I use to play a Shockadin/Holy all during burning crusade and Paladin in the Warrior role is actually a better holy paladin than Justicar is. Go figure.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-17-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Plane Touched

Just as a gentle heads up - the fastest way to start a fight in-game on Rift is to either state that WoW is better or to ask 'How do I play Rift like WoW?'

This is Rift, the classes belong to rift, pick a soul-set that suits your playstyle and rnjoy. Judt dont expect it to mirror a specific role / class from another game. And when in the in-game chat try not to translate everything into WoW/ 'Oh I see its like a Deathknight' etc won't help your cause.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Telaran

A good Justicar who is heavily overequipped and has some good damage dealers in his group can solo tank and heal nearly every expert dungeon you can find.

But this takes time (for the equip) and skill (for knowing how to use it).

You'll prolly do best using a druid, letting the tank pet do the tanking while you pew pew stuff.
    Last edited by usman; 10-21-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

+ Reply to Thread