+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minor cleric issues discussion

Plane Touched

Default Minor cleric issues discussion

With 3.0 nearly here and the Masteries and Inquisitor nearly finalized I would like to have a thread to discuss minor issues with cleric classes that can hopefully be fixed in a quick pass.
    This is not a thread for stuff like a full druid/sentinel/defiler/etc rework, but more for individual skills, or quick QoL things.

My list:
    Purifier:
    Ward of Scorching is almost useless, as it costs way too much mana for something that heals slightly more than Ward of Fire and shields for slightly less while still having a significant cast time. I have thrown out suggestions for making it an aoe heal, an aoe channeled shield without the heal, but it could be anything that makes it worth using.

Warden:
    Downpour is pretty good for healing up a raid while rezzing. One possibility is making it an instant so it can be used in actual combat

Defiler
    Defiler Bonds are difficult to manage past the first. I never cast Bond of Torment.

Foul Growth is too inconsistent, especially on lower % links. If even the 5 and 10% links were maintained at 3 stacks during combat there would be some consideration to using them on something other than a pet. I have in the past suggested Marrow Harvest adding a stack of Foul Growth when it does damage (once per 5-6s)

Defiler should have some form of aoe clense, at least to every person linked so it is better usable as the primary healer in small groups.

Sentinel
    Sentinel has no instant cast spammable instant heal in its own soul. Subtle Invocation seems to be ideal for that, either as an instant by default or by talent.

Word of Life proc rate is really low. Also, it would be nice if Word of Life made Healing Breath a true OGCD.

(slightly out of bounds for the discussion) It would be a huge buff to the soul overall if Healing Communion were similar to alternative treatment instead of a weak AoE heal unsupported by the any talents in the tree.

Justicar
    Salvation is really really weak and doesn't scale. Improving it without significant changes will harm the overall balance of the soul. There is a separate thread for this.

Oracle
    Insignia of Protection isn't an Insignia

Druid/Shaman
    Ekkehard's Grasp and Trickster's Bolt are terrible. I'm not sure the weak ranged instant is a great idea. Druid has a separate thread.

Rift Master

For Healing souls the change I want to see is Purifier to do less healing and more Shielding.

I would change Ward of Fire/Flame to simply be a channeled shield.

Symbol of the Sun/Torch should be castable on 5 people total...FYI that's 5 suns or torchs not BOTH.

As for Sentinel with the change to Purifier. Either would be good choices for MT healing as Purifier has more mobility but less actual healing. The shielding would be more than enough to keep a MT alive but when it come to healing your stuck relying on healing flare to get back health.

Sentinel would BE the best ST healing soul but simply lack the mobility that Puri/Warden Both have.

Defiler........is as far as I can see fine where its at. All the healing souls in some sense are lacking in one area or another. Defiler is perfectly capable healing SL experts. Is it easy NO. Cleansing with the Defiler is hard but with the reduced damage everybody is taking not to mention abilities you can pick up from the other healing souls its very much doable.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    For Healing souls the change I want to see is Purifier to do less healing and more Shielding.
    sounds great on paper but if you were to remove too much healing from the soul, it would not have potential to top their targets off after a double damage hit or a hp%age based attack. this would mean having another healer to back them by topping off the tank which is a wasted spot if you split the heal/shield like it is now.

tbh Puri is in a good place right now, its just that business of AoE healing/shielding, upon testing some experts on the PTS i found the first boss (dragon like) to be near imp;ossible as people get knocked down to about 10-20% of their HP and i have no time to spot heal people as the tank is being smashed to pieces.

changing Ward of Scorching to an AoE shield thing that has a cast time would be fine, with the masteries it will give us some use for the cast time reduction mechanic...

Rift Master

UGH all I can say is I MISS EQ2 Shaman lol. That's what I envisioned for the Purifier is something similar to the EQ2 Shaman. Managing Damage Wards to make sure nobody takes damage as healing it is VERY hard to do.

Best Single target healer in the game due to preventing damage but in actual terms of healing damage received awful.

Plane Touched

Symbol of the Torch is castable on 3 people
    Symbol of the Sun is castable on 3 people

Except for maybe a touch more aoe healing, Purifier seems to be in an excellent place at the moment.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    Symbol of the Torch is castable on 3 people
    Symbol of the Sun is castable on 3 people

Except for maybe a touch more aoe healing, Purifier seems to be in an excellent place at the moment.
    I cant stand the fact that I have to have Symbol of the Torch AND Sun just to Ward 5 people. They should have made it 5 Symbols castable at a time period.

Rift Disciple

Its easy make two macros one for Sun and one for torch. In raid tanks get Sun and healers get torch. In dungeon you, tank and top dps get sun, everyone else gets torch. This way you can shield 6 people at one time and from what i remember 6>5. Just need to multitask.

Also i wouldn't pure puri on new content. I would suggest trying the puri-sentinel build from Seatin. Has almost all the perks of puri with a little more pick up ability.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post
    Its easy make two macros one for Sun and one for torch. In raid tanks get Sun and healers get torch. In dungeon you, tank and top dps get sun, everyone else gets torch. This way you can shield 6 people at one time and from what i remember 6>5. Just need to multitask.

Also i wouldn't pure puri on new content. I would suggest trying the puri-sentinel build from Seatin. Has almost all the perks of puri with a little more pick up ability.
    Meh, puri is just fine as it is. The level 65 masteries provide nice options for puri. Vicars bulwark is a great tank CD which essentially make the tank take 30% less damage for 6s and the other provides nice passive healing to your three dps. 61 puri is perfectly fine to solo heal dungeons with, although glacial maw does get a bit tough because of mobility issues.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    UGH all I can say is I MISS EQ2 Shaman lol. That's what I envisioned for the Purifier is something similar to the EQ2 Shaman. Managing Damage Wards to make sure nobody takes damage as healing it is VERY hard to do.

Best Single target healer in the game due to preventing damage but in actual terms of healing damage received awful.
    except now shaman are useless in eq2 because many damage mechanics outright bypass shields. but yeah they were cool!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by jennytwotone View Post
    except now shaman are useless in eq2 because many damage mechanics outright bypass shields. but yeah they were cool!
    I imagine they HAD to do this as the class was straight out OPed LOL. Add that with a Druid and your set on easy mode, topped off with a Brawler MT.

Oracle - IoP is indeed an insignia, it procs inspirations. The difference between IoP and the damaging insignia's is that it doesn't consume your emblems, which is intended.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Oracle - IoP is indeed an insignia, it procs inspirations. The difference between IoP and the damaging insignia's is that it doesn't consume your emblems, which is intended.
    I'll have to look for this, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread