+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About Eruption/Exuberance/Saturation

Rift Disciple

Default About Eruption/Exuberance/Saturation

Why are they so deep in the soul(40pts)? Wouldn't it make more sense if they were at about 20-24pts so they soundly round up the first pass of healing abilties.

This change would make healing souls easier to solo with as an added benefit.

Really, why not? This change would be the very definition of a WIN/WIN situation.

Rift Disciple

Sorry for 2x thread. The edit system is all kinds of stupid. I just wanted to edit the name of a skill in the title and it created another thread O.o .

Anyhow, I'm interested about your thoughts when talking about the potential lowering of exuberance/etc down to about 20.

I would ask this Kervik if I could. Hell Daglar himself as well!

Rift Master

Due to the number of soul points available I believe the Devs only wanted 1 of those abilities available per build. You don't want pure healing builds putting out TOO much DPS.

There are other classes with healing souls that wouldn't be able to produce the same results making them "worthless".

Its all about balance.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    Due to the number of soul points available I believe the Devs only wanted 1 of those abilities available per build. You don't want pure healing builds putting out TOO much DPS.

There are other classes with healing souls that wouldn't be able to produce the same results making them "worthless".

Its all about balance.
    Eruption/Exuberance aren't the culprits here. It'd be fairly easy to limit 1/ally(or 1 active at a time). It's oversaturation I'm worried about-seeing how it's cast on enemies and not on allies, one couldn't apply the Eruption/Exuberance solution. Perhaps lower just Eruption/Exuberance? I mean, it isn't like Warden can't DPS as it is(especially when paired with Inq or the like-Tidal BoD is ;) ). Meanwhile, Purifiers and Sentinels(them especially!) have trouble dealing enough DPS so if one wanted to solo with it(why not?)-he simply can't. Purifier can, but shouldn't until about Moonshade or so. Then the fun starts!

Perhaps return Shards and...Life's Vengeance? Why were they removed in the first place?

Rift Master

Doesn't make sense to me why you want a healing soul to have good solo dps. We have other souls to fill that role. The healing souls are meant to be used in certain situations and soloing really isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Skeithe; 10-15-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    Doesn't make sense to me why you want a healing soul to have good solo dps. We have other souls to fill that role. The healing souls are meant to be used in certain situations and soloing really isn't one of them.
    Really archaic thinking my friend.

See, the competition on the game front is very, how shall I put it?, N.A.S.T.Y. and ONE little mistep could be the difference between keeping a player and losing him forever. That means letting a player play how he wants.

For us RPers, the difference between using an optimal choice for solo and what we perceive as right for solo in conjuction with our character is H.U.G.E. . Therefore, limiting sth just because "who cares" is a very sloppy and dangerous attitude.

Besides, who cares what you do in solo? Ultimately, seeing how nothing's added/removed, it'd be the same. Just more...refined(so balance is preserved). Rift needs a lot of that word.

+ Reply to Thread