+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druidcar duel wield?

Default Druidcar duel wield?

K so kinda new to the game and i am leveling a druidcar at the moment iam wondering if its is viable to duel wield or should i stick to 2H weapons....i dont want to be gimping myself at higher levels but looking at stats both weapons added together have higher stats then my 2H weapon so it should be fine correct ?

For clerics weapons are just stat sticks. Use whichever gives you better stats.

Plane Touched

At the moment only rogues and warriors can duel wield, you can use a 1h mace and a totem, 1h mace and shield or a 2h. Generally the stats are very similar with the 1h + totem / 2h, stats will be lower if you use a shield but you get armor and the ability to block - only really useful if you tank in groups.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Thunrar; 10-13-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Plane Touched

You can transmute offhands to 1h weapons. Shaman its pretty cool dual wielding.

k thanks for the info but i dont think just warriors and rouges can duel wield as iam a cleric druidcar and at the moment duel wielding like i said i checked the stats and both combined they are better then the 2H that i had so if they are just stat sticks then thats awesome i will be using duel wield thank you all for your quick respones and the help

You're quibbling over the definition of dual wield. You have something in both hands, as opposed to one thing held by both hands. Thunrar is not counting the totem/book in your left hand as real dual wielding like a rogue can wield two daggers.

Rift Chaser

the definition of "dual wielding" in these games is typically described as wielding 2 weapons, one in each hand. since totems/orbs/books aren't actual weapons in that you don't hit anything with them (they behave like stat sticks only) they are not usually considered when describing "dual wield" so most people wont know what you are on about. if you say dual wield to someone they assume you are talking weapons in both hands

Warriors and Rogues do dual wield as they can equip a weapon in both hands and various abilities utilise the off hand weapon and their weapon damage is taken into account. for Clerics and Mages their weapons are only there for them to use "weapon attacks" but contribute nothing more than the stats it gives to your character sheet (weapon dps is irrelevant).

TL;DR - if you wield a weapon in each hand you are "dual wielding", if you have 1 weapon and a totem/book/orb you are not dual wielding, you are using a 1h weapon and a "stat booster" to make up for the loss of stats on a 1h weapon compared to a 2h equivalent. in this situation rather than referring to it as dual wield most recognise it as 1h+oh.

Champion

Dual wielding, swords and guns are much to complicated for Clerics to operate. Two maces is already to difficult.

Champion of Telara

You can't Dual Wield in the technical sense that you are doing damage with two weapons, as others have said weapons are basically just STAT holders for Clerics. However if you get your hand on one or more Transfiguration Baubles you can make your 1H and Totem appear as almost any DW combo you want.

Druidcar duel wield?-2014-10-14_065810.jpg
    Last edited by Caeus; 10-14-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    You can't Dual Wield in the technical sense that you are doing damage with two weapons, as others have said weapons are basically just STAT holders for Clerics. However if you get your hand on one or more Transfiguration Baubles you can make your 1H and Totem appear as almost any DW combo you want.

Attachment 20417
    Disadvantage being that the Cleric doesn't really do anything with the transfigured item.

I think a cleric should be able to earn or buy the ability for functional dual wielding certain Cleric-only weapons.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Disadvantage being that the Cleric doesn't really do anything with the transfigured item.

I think a cleric should be able to earn or buy the ability for functional dual wielding certain Cleric-only weapons.
    if you want to "true" dual wield, roll a rogue.

all this nonsense about clerics dual weilding. go back to wow or whatever upstart game it is that allows clerics, CLERICS to dual weild.

Champion of Telara

Relax Gary Gygax, it's a game where people run around as giant blue people in pink French Maid outfits shooting laser beams and fireballs, I don't think strict adherence to fantasy tropes is part of the design.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Relax Gary Gygax, it's a game where people run around as giant blue people in pink French Maid outfits shooting laser beams and fireballs, I don't think strict adherence to fantasy tropes is part of the design.
    And yet we can't fight with bare knuckles.

Transmuting totems is fun because the animations don't change. Every time I select my cleric on the character selection screen, he puts a sword through his head.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-14-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Transmuting totems is fun because the animations don't change. Every time I select my cleric on the character selection screen, he puts a sword through his head.
    We're the Ascended, a little pinprick like that isnt gonna stop us.

+ Reply to Thread