+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.0 Defiler

Telaran

Default 3.0 Defiler

It seems that Dark Water Defiler has little synergy with masteries come 3.0. I wonder if an alternative spec would be better using Inq and Druid as subsoul.

Inq for Faith's Freedom - level 63 mastery which applies Vex whenever we cast SH.
    Druid for Punishing Strike - level 65 mastery which applies the Combined Effort debuff.

Telaran

Because Defiler gets 20% extra death damage from talents it's pretty hard to replace dark water with abilities that aren't death damage based.

Plus combined with the 8% extra dot damage from mastery I think the DW spec will still be the preferred build for defiler dps. I am not sure how soul stream will be incorporated in the rotation but we'll see once it goes live. I only use the DW build as I have had no reason to go healing defiler since our other heals are more than capable of handling tank damage but that might change with how hard the bosses will hit at 65. That's what makes defiler unique. It's not a great healer nor a great dpser. Instead it does a bit of each while providing much needed links, debuffs, and UT.
    Last edited by Drhouse593; 10-22-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Plane Touched

I noticed that the Necromancer's Soul Link was nerfed to 15%. Are defiler links going to get nerfed too?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Drhouse593 View Post
    Plus combined with the 8% extra dot damage from mastery I think the DW spec will still be the preferred build for defiler dps. I am not sure how soul stream will be incorporated in the rotation but we'll see once it goes live. I only use the DW build as I have had no reason to go healing defiler since our other heals are more than capable of handling tank damage but that might change with how hard the bosses will hit at 65. That's what makes defiler unique. It's not a great healer nor a great dpser. Instead it does a bit of each while providing much needed links, debuffs, and UT.
    Nah, what makes Defiler unique is that it is possibly the only soul in-game where we can put links up, use the dots up and then go AFK to make coffee for 1 min, without anyone realising we are gone.

Haha. Just kidding. But yes, defiler is really a support spec in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    I noticed that the Necromancer's Soul Link was nerfed to 15%. Are defiler links going to get nerfed too?
    5%, 10%, 15% and 20%. Somehow that didn't make it to patch.

And as someone said before, you don't need synergy with masteries to make a strong spec. If anything, I'd like souls to be less dependant on them. The talents in the defiler tree make Dark Water too strong to abandon.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread