+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for input to our masteries for Inquisitor dps spec. What is BiS?

Default Looking for input to our masteries for Inquisitor dps spec. What is BiS?

First of all I have to say I am very disappointed in these masteries. It seems rushed. But let's work with what we have. (All but Lv 65 in my book are not that much). To scared to look at what the other classes got. One thing I ask is NOT to suggest a nerf in any of them as someone did on the masteries thread as it happen (see lv 63 - Scourge). Keep in mind this is a Inquisitor thread.

Here are my ideas. Please state (as I haven't in most if it's PvE or PvP you are talking about. Mine are more general.

Level 61

Vicar's Resilience
    * While in combat, you heal 25% of your
    Endurance every 3s.

Level 62

Benevolent Presence
    * Allies affect by your Guard receive 2% more healing.
    * Removes the stack restriction from
    Inquisitor Armor buffs. Casting one
    Inquisitor Armor will apply all known Armor buffs.

Level 63 (more for it's crowd control in pvp anyway than useless SH - vex which got nerfed. Also had Scourge but was changed). Harsh Discipline option is useless, the spell has been useless since day one. Did they increase the dps?

Faith's Freedom
    * Reduces the duration of Crowd Control
    effects used on you by 10%.
    * When casting a combat resurrection, the revived ally has 100% of their health returned and receive 30% less damage for 5s. This affect ends if they use a combat ability.
    * Sanction Heretic now also applies Vex
    when cast.

Level 64 (unsure about this level)

Faith's Reward
    * Instant and channeled damaging and
    healing abilities apply a stacking buff to you, reducing the cast time of your next non-instant ability by 0.5s per stack. Max 5 stacks.

Level 65 (would think this would be a must)

Soul Stream
    3.0 Channel Cooldown: 1 minute
    *Channels 80000 Ethereal damage over 3s to the enemy. Can move while channeling.
    * Increases the range of Ride the lightning
    and Fae Step by 10m.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

As they stand right now, which masteries you want to take are pretty obvious (yet somehow you failed at picking Diversify).
    As for not suggesting to change their effects, why the hell not ? This is not a nerf, you don't even have the masteries yet. It's a balance issue. Maybe they should add a mastery that does your whole rotation for you and you will be happy about it ?

The masteries have changed a bit though, and level 65 you might want to pick the other instead.
    Last edited by fufi; 10-06-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

So for max damage output I'm currently rolling with:

Level 61: Avenging Shield (Critical Hits apply a 3% max health absorb shield. 6 second CD)

Level 62: Benevolent Presence (Removes the stacking restriction on your armor buffs)

Level 63: Faith's Freedom (Causes Sanction Heretic to also apply vex)

Level 64: Diversify (4.5% damage increase at 3 stacks that you should have up almost 24/7)

Level 65: Essence Manipulation (The Cleric's next 5 damaging abilities deal additional Ethereal Damage. Off GCD. 30 second CD)

I'm pretty sure this is the best PVE combo as it stands.

For PVP I'm swapping Avenging Shield for Soul Collector and Essence Manipulation for Soulstream.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    As they stand right now, which masteries you want to take are pretty obvious (yet somehow you failed at picking Diversify).
    As for not suggesting to change their effects, why the hell not ? This is not a nerf, you don't even have the masteries yet. It's a balance issue. Maybe they should add a mastery that does your whole rotation for you and you will be happy about it ?

The masteries have changed a bit though, and level 65 you might want to pick the other instead.
    I don't know why you keep knocking my threads/posts fufi but let me put you in your place yet again.

The nerf was taken Scourge out of Faith's Freedom with vex. Was it you that suggested it? Can be stuffed looking. But tell me why would you or any cleric be happy about a nerf? Not only are we always last in dps class the Inquisitor upgrades leave a lot to be desired. I believe you also stuck up for those minimal changes (have this but I'll take this off you changes).

As to your smart as.s " Maybe they should add a mastery that does your whole rotation for you and you will be happy about it ?" quote, I out dps most clerics with T1 gear with my own rotation with my own build so I don't need the likes of you knocking not just me but all clerics because we want more dps.

Also taking out scourge also makes Parasitic Miasma not instant. Which even with 4% increase damage would of been better for my rotation than diversify even if I lose . 5% increase damage. Diversify only stacks every 10 seconds and last only 15 seconds. Parasitic miasma is two cast for 4% and last 20 seconds. Parasitic miasma will be up after two cast for 20 seconds while diversify will be 1.5% for 10 seconds then 3.0% for 10 seconds then 4.5% for 10 seconds. No one has said that you will be able to hold these buffs up or if they just run out.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    So for max damage output I'm currently rolling with:

Level 61: Avenging Shield (Critical Hits apply a 3% max health absorb shield. 6 second CD)

Level 62: Benevolent Presence (Removes the stacking restriction on your armor buffs)

Level 63: Faith's Freedom (Causes Sanction Heretic to also apply vex)

Level 64: Diversify (4.5% damage increase at 3 stacks that you should have up almost 24/7)

Level 65: Essence Manipulation (The Cleric's next 5 damaging abilities deal additional Ethereal Damage. Off GCD. 30 second CD)

I'm pretty sure this is the best PVE combo as it stands.

For PVP I'm swapping Avenging Shield for Soul Collector and Essence Manipulation for Soulstream.
    Thanks for your feed back Seatin.

Level 61

I don't know about this.
    ( Vicar's Resilience
    Endurance every 3s.)
    Isn't your endurance giving you your HP? So doesn't this mean your healing 25% of your HP every second?

Levels 62-63

Are the same.

Level 64

See post above.

Level 65

Why pick-

Essence Manipulation
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    The Cleric's next 5 damaging abilities deal an additional 6300 to 7000 Ethereal damage.
    Lasts 30s.

5 7000 (Max) = 35000 x 2 in 1 minute = 70000

and not-

Soul Stream
    3.0 Channel
    Cooldown: 1 minute
    Channels 80000 Ethereal damage over 3s to the enemy. Can move while channeling.

The only thing with this is in pvp Essence Manipulation might be better as they can't interrupt.

Also is this tread up to date? forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/classes-telara/cleric-discussion/438499-cleric-masteries.html
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I don't know why you keep knocking my threads/posts fufi but let me put you in your place yet again.

The nerf was taken Scourge out of Faith's Freedom with vex. Was it you that suggested it? Can be stuffed looking. But tell me why would you or any cleric be happy about a nerf? Not only are we always last in dps class the Inquisitor upgrades leave a lot to be desired. I believe you also stuck up for those minimal changes (have this but I'll take this off you changes).

As to your smart as.s " Maybe they should add a mastery that does your whole rotation for you and you will be happy about it ?" quote, I out dps most clerics with T1 gear with my own rotation with my own build so I don't need the likes of you knocking not just me but all clerics because we want more dps.

Also taking out scourge also makes Parasitic Miasma not instant. Which even with 4% increase damage would of been better for my rotation than diversify even if I lose . 5% increase damage. Diversify only stacks every 10 seconds and last only 15 seconds. Parasitic miasma is two cast for 4% and last 20 seconds. Parasitic miasma will be up after two cast for 20 seconds while diversify will be 1.5% for 10 seconds then 3.0% for 10 seconds then 4.5% for 10 seconds. No one has said that you will be able to hold these buffs up or if they just run out.
    First, this is not a nerf. You don't have the ability yet, so it's not a nerf. It's a balance on incoming changes. I was not the one who said to remove Scourge, but I couldn't agree more though.
    That's great for you if you outdps most clerics with T1 gear, but that doesn't mean anything, at all. You may be a great player, that doesn't mean you should want a rotation on 3 buttons (+2 every minutes). Instead, the rotation should be adjusted to something interesting to play, and then the numbers balanced so the rotation reaches a goal number. For your information, a rotation on two buttons doesn't mean you'll be competitive, it just means it's on two buttons.

Now, on the subject of Diversify and Parasitic Miasma :
    Sanction Heretic doesn't trigger Parasitic Miasma. Which means as an inquisitor, the only ability that will trigger it is Scourge (assuming you're not using Vex), and to get to two stacks, you'll be waiting for your second Scourge.
    Your opening abilities are Scourge and Sanction Heretic, which are two different elements, putting diversify at 2 stacks straight away (stronger than one stack of Parasitic Miasma), and you'll get your third stack somewhere ten seconds into a fight, which is faster than Parasitic Miasma, and with a stronger bonus. The only way to let these drop is by not attacking for 15 seconds, which will happen very rarely, and if you're not attacking for that duration, you really might not be attacking for 20 seconds.
    You could even get the third stack straight away by applying Lightning Hammer, but I don't know if it's worth it, I think probably not.

At the moment, to me it seems like Parasitic Miasma will only ever be taken by defiler in its current state, and maybe Cabalist (even though cab will build the two stacks slowly).

The 65 masteries have been changed a bit, and seem like they're still a work in progress (like every masteries anyway).
    Essence Manipulation has been changed to become "causes the next 5 damaging abilities to deal 9610 to 10622 Ethereal Damage". 30s CD, oGCD.
    Soul Stream, in the same gear and spec, deals 80771 damage over 3 seconds.
    Punishing Strike has been changed to 10c CD.

Which means, not accounting for rotational buffs like the stacks of Zealotry, Essence Manipulation is straight better than Soul Stream from a dps point of view, without delaying your rotation, assuming you use it on cooldown.

About Vicar Resilience: No. Your hp is based on your endurance, but it is not your endurance.
    My character on the PTS has 3269 endurance, and 64690hp. Vicar Resilience should heal me for 817.
    Avenging shield will shield me for 1940hp. But, it's not guaranteed to proc as soon as possible. In a raid or a group setting, that shield however is obviously better than the regeneration from Vicar Resilience though.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Level 65

Why pick-

Essence Manipulation
    The Cleric's next 5 damaging abilities deal an additional 6300 to 7000 Ethereal damage.
    Lasts 30s.

and not-

Soul Stream
    3.0 Channel

The only thing with this is in pvp Essence Manipulation might be better as they can't interrupt.

Also is this tread up to date? forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/classes-telara/cleric-discussion/438499-cleric-masteries.html
    You don't take into account GCDs. When you pick up Essence Manipulation, you get 70k bonus damage added to your usual rotation every minute. When you use Soul Stream, it does 80k damage, but adds less bonus damage because for these 3 seconds you could at least throw 3 BoJs or 2 BoJ + BoR and get 3 stacks of LDC, so the real addition to damage would be Soul Stream damage minus the damage of 3 spells you could use at the same time (I'm sure it will be less than 70k totally).

Though Soul Stream is better as burst CD (for vulnerability phases) and lines up with raid CDs so the preference is still arguable from dps point of view.

In PVP, I think Soul Stream is a better option because of possibility to use it offensively or defensively depending on the situation.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 10-07-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks for your feed back Seatin.

Level 61

I don't know about this.
    ( Vicar's Resilience
    Endurance every 3s.)
    Isn't your endurance giving you your HP? So doesn't this mean your healing 25% of your HP every second?

Levels 62-63

Are the same.

Level 64

See post above.

Level 65

Why pick-

Essence Manipulation
    Lasts 30s.

and not-

Soul Stream
    3.0 Channel

You also need to keep in mind unified theory is being changed to reduce the cooldown of Nysyr's by 4 secs each time it's consumed. This makes the inquisitor rotation very tight. Every time you cast a non-life spell, you are delaying your next Nysyr's. Since it's a 3 second channel, on a long fight casting soul stream will most likely be a dps loss. I will need to test it some more before I can be sure.

Shadowlander

LvL 65:

Essence Manipulation, Removed.

Vicar's Bulwark, New Mastery-

Debuff, 255mana, ogcd-instant, Range:35m- *Causes the enemy's single target dmg abilities to heal the target for 30% of the dmg done. Last 5s.

Buff, 255mana, ogcd-instant, Range:35- *Causes dmg taken to heal the ally for 30% of the dmg taken. last 5s.

make me cry....

so you can forget the perfect rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Panthaa View Post
    LvL 65:

Debuff, 255mana, ogcd-instant, Range:35m- *Causes the enemy's single target dmg abilities to heal the target for 30% of the dmg done. Last 5s.

Buff, 255mana, ogcd-instant, Range:35- *Causes dmg taken to heal the ally for 30% of the dmg taken. last 5s.

make me cry....

OK if essence manipulation is already removed it would seem this thread is a bit early. Just when I got converted to it as being buffed and then not having to cast a 3 second spell. So our best spell is out why am I not surprised.
    Anyone else think we have way to many heal mastery spells-buff or is it just me.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Panthaa View Post
    LvL 65:

make me cry....

Is this 5 second crap mastery on any thread? I can't find it, or is it just changing daily on pts? For the first time I'm not looking into beta to far. I want to take it slow for a change and enjoy the areas and quests without knowing them beforehand.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Masteries change often for every callings yes.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Rift Chaser

there does appear to be a daily tweak or change to masteries and quite a few other tings as well. looks like a lot of work is being done at Trion as the PTS updates are coming thick and fast.

As for there being a lot of healing masteries I agree, and doing some testing I can confirm healing just got more fun to play especially Warden or Warden hybrids. the DPS ones do seem to be a bit lacklustre and in the Inq suggestions forums it seems the 3s channel (Soul Stream) only grants a possible 300-500 DPS increase over not using it at all. seems like Inq no longer has an additional ability mastery that is useful for offence, we only have defensive saves for the tanks if the healers struggle.

also the ones for tanks don't feel like it affects me much at all, I have an extra defensive CD but that's about it. the masteries don't feel like they are there for the rest
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 10-09-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    there does appear to be a daily tweak or change to masteries and quite a few other tings as well. looks like a lot of work is being done at Trion as the PTS updates are coming thick and fast.

As for there being a lot of healing masteries I agree, and doing some testing I can confirm healing just got more fun to play especially Warden or Warden hybrids. the DPS ones do seem to be a bit lacklustre and in the Inq suggestions forums it seems the 3s channel (Soul Stream) only grants a possible 300-500 DPS increase over not using it at all. seems like Inq no longer has an additional ability mastery that is useful for offence, we only have defensive saves for the tanks if the healers struggle.

also the ones for tanks don't feel like it affects me much at all, I have an extra defensive CD but that's about it. the masteries don't feel like they are there for the rest
    No, NOT using Soul Stream is at LEAST a 500 dps gain over using it.

DO NOT USE SOUL STREAM IN YOUR ROTATIONS. IT IS A DPS LOSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aypoc View Post
    No, NOT using Soul Stream is at LEAST a 500 dps gain over using it.

DO NOT USE SOUL STREAM IN YOUR ROTATIONS. IT IS A DPS LOSS!
    I tested this myself and I can confirm that casting soul stream is a dps loss. The only times it would be beneficial in pve is a boss with a burn phase (ie: Proteus). In that case the extra burst would be worth it but otherwise it seems 61 inquisitor and 61 cabalist are not going to use any lv 65 mastery unless they make some additional changes before live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast