+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunrar

Thread: Fun TheoryCraft Question

Rift Master

Default Fun TheoryCraft Question

Put aside the "It cant work" and lets have a little fun TheoryCrafting.

Lets pretend you to make a Cleric build to MT AND Spot Heal a raid.

The scenario you have to build for is the Tank is going to be taking probably SLEX boss damage maybe a little more(So like almost impossible for a full blown Warden to keep alive but a little easy for full blown Purifier), while the rest of the raid is going to occasionally be taking various damage as well as scheduled damage for about 50%is HP.

Link your build and plz explain why you believe it would work. Have to figure out how to link build from the majelo site myself...enjoy.

Rift Master

So I made..

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...8ahkg/qh5kli90

Purifier 43 / Warden 31 / Sentinel 2

Has Strong Single Target Healing and Decent group healing in a pinch.

VERY Challenging build to play.

1. Cast Symbol of the Sun on MT
    2. Get up 4X Soothing Stream and Healing Spray as you can ripple this in a pinch
    3. Cast Healing Flood*2 I would guess to get on 20 people (I believe there is now an ability to make this 20 but that's moot since Magelo doesn't have it
    4. Cast Ward of Flame

The main Attempt is to cycle the 4 above #s to attempt to keep the Main tank alive as well as Healing flood for the other members.

For raid burst healing you can cast Ripple to spread Healing Spray and Soothing StreamX4 to those that need it. As well you have Healing Cataract if needed.

IF the MT's health gets too low and burst healing is needed you have Latent Blaze for JUST incase.

As well for emergency healing you can also pop Healing Breath and Orbs of the Stream(I'd macro them together and press 2 to pop both with Healing Breath being 1st)

Then once the CDs above are used hopefully you can recast Symbol of the Sun and Start you MT healing over again.

FYI in case of cleansing you have 2 10s cd cleanses again I'd Macro them together and use Curative waters 1st as it procs every 3 seconds and then you can blast Cauterizing Wave wave if really needed.

Plane Touched

Interesting challenge - I read your initial post as having to MT and spot heal, ie actually tank and also heal but you second post clarifies that. Are we talking 10 or 20 man raid and are you the sole healer?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thunrar View Post
    Interesting challenge - I read your initial post as having to MT and spot heal, ie actually tank and also heal but you second post clarifies that. Are we talking 10 or 20 man raid and are you the sole healer?
    Pretty much 10/20 man raid. Yes you would be the Main MT healer and the Main AOE healer.

While there could be other heals in the group I wouldn't consider them substantial enough to make a huge difference.

Now obviously this is not a REAL raid as NOBODY is going to 1 man both MT and AE heal but the TheoryCraft behind a Raid where as long as the build is properly displaying strong ST heals and enough AOE heals for say every 30s 50% hit to all 20 members to keep it interesting.

I guess you can pretend there is only 1 healer due to the raid requiring all other 19 to pour out the top best DPS they can to take the boss down.

Plane Touched

Sadly if you want one build that will MT heal AND raid heal effectively especially in 10 man content there are only two real contenders - unfotunately they are calle Physician and Chloromancer .
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

61Sent/12warden does all that.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Champion of Telara

JUSTSENTBESTSENT just posted one of these a few threads down.

+ Reply to Thread