+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player In game wit some questions

Soulwalker

Default New Player In game wit some questions

Hello to all.I'm new player in the game and i have some questions.I start to build a cleric.I want to use it for dps and fights not for heals or something else.At the moment ii'm using mace and totem and i start to build the cleric wit the Inquistor soul as mine and for second i'm using Justicar.
    Do i start to build it good and do i will have a good dps wit this build in order the leveling ?
    Do this weapons is the right way or i need to use something else ?
    And what is the stats of the items that i need to search for Dps mode cleric ?

I will be glad in you guys help me wit my question so i can play and make good cleric

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by djidjibiji87 View Post
    Hello to all.I'm new player in the game and i have some questions.I start to build a cleric.I want to use it for dps and fights not for heals or something else.At the moment ii'm using mace and totem and i start to build the cleric wit the Inquistor soul as mine and for second i'm using Justicar.
    Do i start to build it good and do i will have a good dps wit this build in order the leveling ?

I will be glad in you guys help me wit my question so i can play and make good cleric
    First things first - your build for solo play will be different than your builds for group play. Druid is a great leveling spec. Inquisitor isn't as great, but I leveled with it without much issue. You will want to explore the cleric forums to get an idea of all the build you'll want to learn. Inquisitor and shaman are the main ones for dps, though druid can be viable in some situations.

Use whatever weapons give you the best stats. I've always found that to be 2handed hammers, but that may not always be true. I've yet to find a use for one handed weapons on a dps cleric.

Stats: Spellpower and wisdom til 60, then prioritize crit power.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by djidjibiji87 View Post

I really cant answer your question but heres the thing....

Unless you intend later on playing a healer build and focusing on healing......Cleric is probably a bad fit for you. YES we have DPS souls but not as many as you would find on Rogue or Mage.

Having more DPS souls means more options for DPS builds and creativity. For a Cleric your opportunities for DPS creativity are really stifled due to the fact its a class intended for healing.

IF you want Ranged Magic DPS go Mage, Rogue for Melee DPS/ physical ranged. Theres plenty more options for creativity.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    I really cant answer your question but heres the thing....

Unless you intend later on playing a healer build and focusing on healing......Cleric is probably a bad fit for you. YES we have DPS souls but not as many as you would find on Rogue or Mage.

Having more DPS souls means more options for DPS builds and creativity. For a Cleric your opportunities for DPS creativity are really stifled due to the fact its a class intended for healing.

IF you want Ranged Magic DPS go Mage, Rogue for Melee DPS/ physical ranged. Theres plenty more options for creativity.
    Our top dps souls are perfectly viable. Number of souls does not equal more viable specs, "creativity" is just gonna mean you're being suboptimal.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Our top dps souls are perfectly viable. Number of souls does not equal more viable specs, "creativity" is just gonna mean you're being suboptimal.
    I guess you missed the point.

+ Reply to Thread