+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tried This Healing Hybrid Spec.....

Default Tried This Healing Hybrid Spec.....

tried this healing hybrid spec yesterday and was able to do a 5man expert.
    am wondering though if it was just a good group of others that killed too fast to fairly judge the outgoing heals. everyone stayed topped off and no one ever spiked below half life.
    was i just in an overgeared group solo healing or is this spec viable, maybe even for raids?
    link to spec - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#qhiGai2g/pGal08g/m8w
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Rift Master

Well shoot, if it works, keep using it. Seems a bit hodge podge imo... no caregiver's nor healer's blessing; benevolence and thoughtful without luminous dawn; speccing ae and single target heals; choosing riptide over hidden reserves, alluvion, or strength of the sea.

How would you envision the role for this spec in a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Well shoot, if it works, keep using it. Seems a bit hodge podge imo... no caregiver's nor healer's blessing; benevolence and thoughtful without luminous dawn; speccing ae and single target heals; choosing riptide over hidden reserves, alluvion, or strength of the sea.

How would you envision the role for this spec in a raid?
    sorry, just returning to rift and not catching all the names you mentioned. i will have to look into it.
    this was a spec i had something similar to when storm legion first dropped, but i left rift shortly after.
    thats why im coming to ask for a critique. no idea how viable this spec is in rift in current content, if at all for raids, or anything really. this was just something i threw together real quick for doing lfg and returning to rift.
    i did not remember the two battle rezzes sharing a cooldown, that sucked.

anyway, what i used last night was ;
    macro 1 - ripple + healing spray (main spam on all members)
    macro 2 - symbol of the torch + healing breath + healing flare (main spam on tank after all members hotted)
    using healing flood - when needed

then on aoe spikes, my macros are ;
    macro 3 - tidal surge + healing cataract
    macro 4 - touch the light + healing communion

then macro 5 was the multiple target cleansing water.
    using curative water - when needed

Rift Master

Hopefully soothing stream is somewhere? You kept the tank up in an expert with macro 2? I've used that same macro for low level dungeon healing, but that was with caregiver's blessing. I think by level 40 I was forced out of it.
    Last edited by Guidinglite; 09-27-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Hopefully soothing stream is somewhere? You kept the tank up in an expert with macro 2? I've used that same macro for low level dungeon healing, but that was with caregiver's blessing. I think by level 40 I was forced out of it.
    Lol, maybe i was in an overgeared group then.
    ya using macro 1 and healing flood to constantly hot all, with sometimes shielding all, and then instant spamming tank along with hot running.... all kept everyone going and no spikes below 50%. i was a run n gun healer, and mana was a non-issue.
    but in all honesty, im not sure this group was a fair assessment. but sure was a fun return to rift lfg!

Shadowlander

i'm all for hybrid and unique builds, i run unconventional dps and healing for 5-mans. concerns i would have for this build are:

1. the long cast times for invocation because you can't pick up "swift plea". when tanks are not geared, i would question the ability to burst heal.
    2. the big loss of hps on "healing spray" and "soothing stream" because there's no points in "strength of the sea" and "alluvion".
    3. no "orbs of the stream", a great panic button for tank healing.

why not take points out of "shared excess" and "curative water" (picking up your aoe cleanse instead with "empowering light" in sentinel) and put those into purifier to grab "ward of flame"? that thing's a beast tank heal all by itself.

Shadowlander

o here's how i would run your spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q...w/pLyBg52/m8F0

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    o here's how i would run your spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q...w/pLyBg52/m8F0
    awesome, thanks for the spec link. i will look into it asap! (at work right now and limited)

i see what you all mean on some of the things.
    and with a couple more tweaks, i think i was able to take out some situational abilities and tie in more frequently used ones.
    if anyone would care to dissect and bounce ideas with me, i would greatly appreciate it.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#qhigEEG2/pkla08w/m8E

Rift Chaser

interesting idea's, thought id add my own that ive been having alot of success with and able to solo heal all but Cyril (2nd ToDQ) and Hydris (Last iDH) in T1 10mans. and also success on Twins (IG) and the first half of GA.

48Ward/28Sent

basically my main mechanic is abusing the Shared Excess buff. all HoT's are cast @ self as is OR. those all trigger Healers Blessing per cast boosting heal on me throwing out more to others as well as MbtL. OR is very powerful esspecially with the cast reduction in the last Warden changes esspecially since it can doubledip on the crit (typical non-crit is ~10-12k and ive topped out on a 40k on the tank from OR alone). you have PoR and Effusion as a backup as well as a Tidal Wave + Orbs of the Tide/Stream if things get messy. Tripple AoE cleanse and the mana regen are great utility for nonstop pulls, and also the oGCD Healing Breath proc from casting your HoT's for quick topups. and Geyser spam when all hots are rolling and no major damage to heal (procs MbtL per cast as well).

only issue with this build is the range of Shared Excess and OR splash heal. for this reason you need to position yourself wisely and keep some backup heals for other targets should they stray out of range (Breath is perfect for this), either that or make good use of Cataract and Ripple when heavy damage is in the air.

in light of the builds above, i cant see why people are giving up the 15% heal boost and cast time reduction from DotD. it is a very powerful tool asspecially with OR and Cataract depending on whats called for. plus its a +15% extra heal boost!!
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 09-27-2014 at 01:40 PM.

I used to use the 48/28 build myself for the longest of times, and that was before the DotD changes.

Now with the new DotD, you can nearly spam heal ST heals with as much power as a pure sentinel build.

I think the major reason for 48 warden in a warden-anything hybrid spec though is that it takes all the necessary synergy talents from warden into the spec, and gets you the most essential roots. Without going at least that deep, a lot of the warden abilities are handicapped.

ok think im gonna call this final. had to make a change cause the blessings were overwriting each other.

spec to critique - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q...10/pkkk0h0/m8E

macro 1 - Ripple, Healing Spray
    macro 2 - Symbol of the Torch, Orbs of the Stream, Healing Breath, Overflowing Renewal
    Healing Flood and Healing Effusion frequently
    Cleansing Water multi target cleanse when needed
    Curative water on aoe cleanse
    Healer's Covenant on tank as needed

Dungeon-Only spec or viable for top current Raid content?
    If this spec is trash, feel free to explain please.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    ok think im gonna call this final. had to make a change cause the blessings were overwriting each other.

macro 2 - Symbol of the Torch, Orbs of the Stream, Healing Breath, Overflowing Renewal

There are currently no viable Cleric hybrids, healing or dps, in raid content. Sentinel is heavily outmatched by Physician/Purifier/Chloro and Warden is only useful in burst aoe healing situations that Purifier/Paladin's Flame of Life/Life's Rapture CD can't handle.
    Last edited by haybale; 09-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    There are currently no viable Cleric hybrids, healing or dps, in raid content. Sentinel is heavily outmatched by Physician/Purifier/Chloro and Warden is only useful in burst aoe healing situations that Purifier/Paladin's Flame of Life/Life's Rapture CD can't handle.
    ouch, bad news...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post

Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but you totally gimped the spec.

Didn't take DotD, which provides the single largest % gain to warden heals. Casted and hots.
    DotD increases healing by 15%, 15% for 3 talent points(+additional 5 seconds to hot timers), and right next to that are talents that increase healing by 10%. The passives on those alone are better than all the other passives in the other 2 trees combined.

Didn't go into sentinel far enough for improvements to Innvocations.

Didn't go into puri enough to get any sort of ST healing power.

To be frank, you gimped all of the major aspects of any one of the three soul's trying to get all of them.
    Last edited by Zehne; 09-28-2014 at 04:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast