+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tried This Healing Hybrid Spec.....

Plane Touched

I like this one

Has enough aoe healing for nearly everything, use overflowing renewal for ST heals. Mana management is pretty harsh, dps is bad but most people suck with warden anyway. Lacks the superpowerful burst at the top of the warden tree in exchange for a significant amount of ST healing.

HoTs on tank for ST healing, HoTs on yourself for aoe healing.

Rift Disciple

I think the purifier/sentinel 48/28 hybrid build is better for experts. This current build would probably lack in both ST and AE as it is too spread out. High puri == sleeping ST heals. You dont need much AE in experts as you can probably shield everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but you totally gimped the spec.

Didn't take DotD, which provides the single largest % gain to warden heals. Casted and hots.
    DotD increases healing by 15%, 15% for 3 talent points(+additional 5 seconds to hot timers), and right next to that are talents that increase healing by 10%. The passives on those alone are better than all the other passives in the other 2 trees combined.

Didn't go into sentinel far enough for improvements to Innvocations.

Didn't go into puri enough to get any sort of ST healing power.

To be frank, you gimped all of the major aspects of any one of the three soul's trying to get all of them.
    youre fine, i have a thick skin. lol
    how would u spec it and what abilities would be your main uses?
    invocation heals about the same as overflowing renewal i thought. and while it gives a hot, its not as good to me as a 3 person heal. so i dont use it.
    the DotD thing i will have to look at for sure.
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    I like this one

Has enough aoe healing for nearly everything, use overflowing renewal for ST heals. Mana management is pretty harsh, dps is bad but most people suck with warden anyway. Lacks the superpowerful burst at the top of the warden tree in exchange for a significant amount of ST healing.

HoTs on tank for ST healing, HoTs on yourself for aoe healing.
    ya its really fun, and mobility is superb.
    the mana barely sinks honestly. i can even heal decently well in mostly tank gear. lol
    ya the overflowing renewal used as main heal cast is nifty. im digging it alot so far.
    i do lack in bursty heals for sure though, but really... hotting and shielding i cant imagine needing to burst heal.
    do u have any tweaks for it by chance?
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    ya its really fun, and mobility is superb.
    the mana barely sinks honestly. i can even heal decently well in mostly tank gear. lol
    ya the overflowing renewal used as main heal cast is nifty. im digging it alot so far.
    i do lack in bursty heals for sure though, but really... hotting and shielding i cant imagine needing to burst heal.
    do u have any tweaks for it by chance?
    Macro @mouseoverui the following in order, and hold onto Word of Life for burst healing
    Healing Breath
    Symbol of the Torch
    Healing Flare

Orbs of the Stream before big tank damage

You can clear 3 AoE debuffs. This is powerful in pvp and some pve encounters.

The ST clense from Sentinel is better due to the 1s GCD and slight heal that comes with it.

Keep DotD up, the +%healing from your HoTs is what gives you the power to heal the tank. Ripple the HoTs before group damage, Overflowing Renewal is your main heal. Warden heals as normally done with Warden, I strongly recommend reading Ahov's guides on Warden if you don't know the class.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    youre fine, i have a thick skin. lol
    how would u spec it and what abilities would be your main uses?
    invocation heals about the same as overflowing renewal i thought. and while it gives a hot, its not as good to me as a 3 person heal. so i dont use it.
    the DotD thing i will have to look at for sure.

Basically the spec is exactly what Emtbob posted. It gets all of the goodies from warden that makes warden viable, and takes most all the other goodies from sentinel.

The only other goody from sentinel I wish I could put in every spec is the 58 point root. But i'm sure trion made it 58 points for good reason.

Plane Touched

If Echoes of Altruism is buffed in the masteries as it should be, move the points from Purifier and put Orbs of the Stream and Healing Spray in the macro instead of Healing Flare.

Rift Master

You know thinking about it....61 points in Warden plus 15 in Puri and there is no reason you shouldn't be able to do SLEX with great ease.

You get Symbol of the Torch for damage prevention.
    You get Ward of Flame for Some really decent healing and warding.

Get Soothing StreamX4 + Healing Spray + Healing Flood up in a cycle while making sure they don't drop off....

So StreamX4 - Healing Spray - Healing Flood - Pool of Restoration - Stream Spray Flood

Then every time Pool of Restoration is up you cycle through Pool Stream Spray Flood so they never fall off.

In between your Restoration cycle then you can do other things that may or may not be needed like dropping the 2 orbs.

But mainly between Restoration cycle you wanna spam Geyser.

This also allows for a ripple when needed as well.

Supposedly DotD makes OR instant I guess...so that's good for burst heal if the MT needs it.

Then you got wave of renewal and monsoon for burst AE healing.

BEST Raid build ever...... Cant imagine Warden NOT being able to keep up with the MT healing and raid healing with the use of Puri sprinkled in.

Rift Disciple

well if you outgear the instance of course you can use any 61 spec and most hybrids

I use to love warden and recently returned to Rift. I found warden to be gimped in the single target department. In SLE with full hots up i still had to constantly heal the tank with ST heals. Switched to puri/sent and i can easily heal the tank and preshield all the members if i know the fight will b aoe intensive.

Can it be done with the warden? Yes i did it for my first 3 SLE but once i switched i was doing so much better without breaking a sweat.

With that said pure warden in a 20 man is golden. Yes puri gets one good aoe for 5 seconds but with warden you can keep a 20 man raid up for 20-30 seconds by yourself if you are willing to use all CDs and use all mana. Use a pot right after and recover mana in the down phase. I easily throw out 15-20k heals on aoe intensive fights and i am not even fully T1 geared yet.

Shadowlander

just finished some expert dungeons on the PTS. wow, do those guys hit hard. the foundry gear is supposedly tier1 raid gear for 3.0, but it feels like trying to heal a 30k tank without toughness in an expert right now. if the damage isn't adjusted, fun hybrid specs won't be able to cope.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    just finished some expert dungeons on the PTS. wow, do those guys hit hard. the foundry gear is supposedly tier1 raid gear for 3.0, but it feels like trying to heal a 30k tank without toughness in an expert right now. if the damage isn't adjusted, fun hybrid specs won't be able to cope.
    i tanked one earlier and was pretty tough untill i realised the Cleric healer hadnt spent their Masteries in anything useful... once they made the adjustments we seemed to be fine and finished the dungeon no major issues. i admit i have to use my CD's alot more now but atleast this time round i dont need 2 healers to complete them like at SL release.

Atleast Healing in 3.0 will be more fun now its harder although i expect Warriors might stuggle slightly since they have less high ST heals at their disposal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2