+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best spec for duoing with a necro?

Default Best spec for duoing with a necro?

My wife and I recently returned to the game and we're picking up one of our old combinations to play again. She has a necro and I have a cleric. The way we worked it before was her pet tanked while I was mostly shaman for DPS with some heals as needed. We would like to do something like that again. Looking at the spec guides here I can't really find one that isn't full DPS with no healing or full tank with only self healing or just a full raid healer spec.

Would you guys recommending some specs for us? We duo mostly in pve together and we have all the souls unlocked. It would really be appreciated.
    Ave Dominus Nox

Soulwalker

Druid is what you are looking for. The greater healing fairy is really strong and will keep up with even damage from elite mobs that aren't event bosses.

Once you both get higher into levels I would suggest you going to the greater fairy seer and tanking stuff yourself while your wife uses her revanant to quest with.

Rift Master

I would absolutely have to say DRUID as well. That being said make sure to also invest 10 points minimum into Justicar as the healing will truly help out the 4 of you (2+2 pets).

I would make sure the Necro uses the tank pet then the other 3 can just go to town on whatever the pet is fighting.

With the proper set up between the 2 of you...you will probably find there isn't much that the 2 of you CANT tackle together save for 5 man content and up.

I have been using this spec so far:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r8G4c/DkFaakal5i/n8s

I just thought for the third soul one would want some actual healing since so far we're pretty much reliant on my having up the greater heal fae spirit instead of the DPS ones since she's running around with her tank pet.
    Ave Dominus Nox

Any more suggestions? Is that spec I posted a good one to use for this?
    Ave Dominus Nox

Rift Master

I would say simply use what you enjoy. Enjoyment 1st then performance. You can always make up performance with slight alterations so in the long run its really a matter what you actually enjoy.

The pets are just recommended as they can make content easier for duos and as druid is a DPS build it really helps kill things faster as well.

From that point you can decide whether you want to focus more on DPS, Healing or even Tanking.

So if you wanted to focus more on actual healing you can get the DPS pet or Tank pet(work that out with your point allocation and teammate) and then place points towards Warden for healing and geyser as geyser allows you to DPS and heal.

Theres lots of options.

Telaran

Default Experimental build

That looks like a PvP druid, slightly modified. Don't think it's necessary, but it all depends on what you plan to do AFTER you reach 60. For example, defiler is a hard build to get right, and the more practice you get the better you look. A 41Def/31Dru/0Sen or Pur with the 4 left whereever you want them would be nice to try: you link your pet/beacon, her pet, and her, and it doesn't matter who uses what pet as long as she doesn't use her SB (making it possible to use a hybrid, too).

Defiler would give you a great burst heal, OT heal, damage reduction, and decent damage added to druid, along with a CD instant heal from sentinel, and speced right would give decent chances to add growths for every damage ability with a 'raid heal' to pop them as well as a chance to get a shield on heals to absorb the link damage (assuming you're not using the purifier). If it interests you I can test it on my low cleric and see how oddly the points shape out. Can't promise high deeps, but I can't see either of you dying without jumping well ahead of your level. Of course, you might be tempted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwyf View Post
    Best spec for duoing with a necro?.
    Handcuffs.

+ Reply to Thread