+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "New" cleric question

Default "New" cleric question

Hi again ladies and gents,

I've recently discovered that I really really enjoy doing rifts with the Justicar as my main soul, but I find that more often than not I'm spamming precept, even justice, and strike of retribution. I'm only 40 as of this morning, so no hammer of faith yet. Is that "right"? Seems too "easy", that I may be leaving something important out, but maybe I'm over-thinking it. I've not really read the guides out there, since I'm not sure how relevant they still are.

At this rate I may actually start learning how to tank instances....freaky.

When you reach level 41 you'll gain Hammer of Faith as you said, be sure to apply Censure (ability you just gained) to one of the monsters before throwing your hammer: Censure will be spread to every targets !

And no, you're not doing anything wrong, Justicar isn't really hard rotation wise, so your focus can be on placing the monsters correctly for your group, and using cooldowns to survive.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by Garimon View Post

I've recently discovered that I really really enjoy doing rifts with the Justicar as my main soul, but I find that more often than not I'm spamming precept, even justice, and strike of retribution. I'm only 40 as of this morning, so no hammer of faith yet. Is that "right"? Seems too "easy", that I may be leaving something important out, but maybe I'm over-thinking it. I've not really read the guides out there, since I'm not sure how relevant they still are.

None of the tank souls have truly hard rotations so that anyone can do it.

(you can still tell a good tank from a bad tank though :P)
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Telaran

Default If you're not actually going to tank

Quote Originally Posted by Garimon View Post

You might want to try the deeps justicar, 51J/13De/12I, for more versatility and less spamming - not by much though. Has everything a regular tank has without the shield, but more damage, a rez, purge, cleanse, non-conviction heal, damage debuff, and more range, making up for the lack of a charge. It was technically the support build before oracle came out, unless you consider defiler support. Max hps potential is sick in full 60 dungeon gear, over 30k with 10 targets, so raid healing in events shouldn't be a problem unless you only have the boss left.

Also, change miens/armors midfight and start tanking in cp gear, or deeps in tank gear if the real tank is squishy, just in case.

+ Reply to Thread