+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Healing With Puri

Rift Disciple

Default Raid Healing With Puri

Hello everyone!

I recently joined a new guild earlier this week, and we plan to go into FT tonight. It is a high possibility I will be a tank healer tonight, and though I have been in FT plenty of times prior to tonight, I never got to heal FT or any of the raids in my old guild. I am a bit nervous about it, and although the guild I am in has super nice people, I can't help but be a little nervous about healing tonight. I just want to clarify what I'm doing when I am puri is a good way to go about healing or not, and just seek advice from other healer's.

I was told to keep Ward of Fire up on the tank before he pulls and during the fight, and to use Ward of Flame as well because three stacks of it makes Ward of Flame instant, which is really nice! I know we have other really nice abilities like Flash over and Latent Blaze to really help us out, but I'm wondering if I should be using more than just those four? It doesn't seem too much, really, and it concerns me if I should know to do more or just those abilities I listed. I don't want to walk in knowing to do only those, and end up doing a bad job. I want to do at least a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Annatherogue View Post
    Hello everyone!

I recently joined a new guild earlier this week, and we plan to go into FT tonight. It is a high possibility I will be a tank healer tonight, and though I have been in FT plenty of times prior to tonight, I never got to heal FT or any of the raids in my old guild. I am a bit nervous about it, and although the guild I am in has super nice people, I can't help but be a little nervous about healing tonight. I just want to clarify what I'm doing when I am puri is a good way to go about healing or not, and just seek advice from other healer's.

I was told to keep Ward of Fire up on the tank before he pulls and during the fight, and to use Ward of Flame as well because three stacks of it makes Ward of Flame instant, which is really nice! I know we have other really nice abilities like Flash over and Latent Blaze to really help us out, but I'm wondering if I should be using more than just those four? It doesn't seem too much, really, and it concerns me if I should know to do more or just those abilities I listed. I don't want to walk in knowing to do only those, and end up doing a bad job. I want to do at least a good job.
    I'd probably suggest giving this Purifier guide a read over: http://manoflegends.com/purifier-guide/

There's a lot of essential stuff in there that you may not be aware of
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

You really want to look at every spell and talents purifier gives (with your subsouls). Although, that thing could (and should) be said for every spec in the game. You should definitely be using more than those 4 spells.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Seatin's guide, while not perfect, is great for a beginner. the only thing i would change would be the part where he says "Alternate 1x Ward of Flame-> 1x Ward of Fire" typically i just save the instant ward of flame for when the tank takes a large enough chunk of damage or to throw out as a spot heal on people that i have already shielded and have burnout. it would however be fine to use if you are falling behind and need a bit of a boost to your steady healing
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Rift Master

I probably woudnt worry to much about anything else other than the tank.

Raids tend to run differently than your typical dungeon run. So your not going to be the only healer in the group. So your main focus is simply to make sure the MT does die.

So ANYTHING you can do to prevent the death of the MT is your priority so I would say latent blaze is a absolute must to make sure its on the MT at all times.

You will probably find staying alive being harder than simply keeping the tank alive as mentioned you wont be the only healer I imagine an AOE healer and a Defiler for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    Seatin's guide, while not perfect, is great for a beginner. the only thing i would change would be the part where he says "Alternate 1x Ward of Flame-> 1x Ward of Fire" typically i just save the instant ward of flame for when the tank takes a large enough chunk of damage or to throw out as a spot heal on people that i have already shielded and have burnout. it would however be fine to use if you are falling behind and need a bit of a boost to your steady healing
    I think the guide is the highest possible shielding + HPS per cast/channel time, and has been noted in several guides...again I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats whats been said about that particular rotation. I find that symbols and flares and breath are better for spot healing on my end.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 09-23-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    You provide more APS (absorb per second) to use the 1 - 1 rotation. You have other tools for spot and burst healing.
    1 - 1 rotation work on a 3s - 1.5s rotation while the 2 - 1 rotation work on a 3s - 3s - 1.5s rotation.
    That means every 135 sec, you would provide 60 caregiver blessing with the 3s - 1.5s versus 54.
    Add to it all the procs from anything that can proc (ward of flame only cause procs on initial application) and also the fact that ward of fire simply has more APS.

But the most important part is that in 20man, you are not the only tank healer. The purifier job is to shield, it is better to leave the actual healing to the chloro or the healer assigned to providing the healing. Else, you would only waste more of the other healers heals while not providing as much effective health to the tank(s).

In 10man (or 5man), depending on your raid composition, it can be better to hold on it. Not in 20man tho.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread