+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 500 hit with low dps?

Shadowlander

Default 500 hit with low dps?

I haven't tried too much with other builds because I learned mine and seemed ok but still at 500 hit I do only about 10k dps in SLE's. And so people complain, like "ohh my ranger could easily pull 10k dps with only 400 hit" blah blah blah.

Currently my main dps is Justicar/Inquisitor/Defiler(0/61/15) which I believe is a pre-build spec.

Sometimes lower and sometimes higher depending on fight and if it's multi aoe or single target.

Any suggestions?
    The ORIGINAL "Conagra"! The one and only! Healing all the way!

How to watch healers:
    "If the healer is running and jumping be assured everything is a-ok, when she's standing still it's time to panic!"

Check out this thread. It is guides for clerics, it is a list of all the highest dps specs. Please try one of these and then get back!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Conagra View Post
    I haven't tried too much with other builds because I learned mine and seemed ok but still at 500 hit I do only about 10k dps in SLE's. And so people complain, like "ohh my ranger could easily pull 10k dps with only 400 hit" blah blah blah.

Currently my main dps is Justicar/Inquisitor/Defiler(0/61/15) which I believe is a pre-build spec.

Sometimes lower and sometimes higher depending on fight and if it's multi aoe or single target.

Any suggestions?
    There might be some rotational issue.
    My 2 lowest geared Lv60 is my mage and my cleric both with 520 hit and 700ish CP basically "almost" full T1 on both toon, self buffed my Inquisitor (16/10/5) can hit ~15k, and my pyromancer can hit 20k.

400 hit ranger can easily parse over 10k.
    Last edited by Cinderburst; 09-15-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Shadowlander

-my ST rotation is usually:

Sanction Heretic
    Scourge
    Vex
    Fanatism
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Bolt of Depravity
    Radical Coalescence
    Bolt of Depravity
    Fanatism
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Bolt of Judgement
    Bolt of Depravity
    Sanction Heretic
    Scourge
    Vex

Then Bolt of Judgement until I can instant Bolt of Depravity then rinse and repeat the dots.

I'm checking the guides still.
    Last edited by Conagra; 09-15-2014 at 06:53 AM.

How to watch healers:
    "If the healer is running and jumping be assured everything is a-ok, when she's standing still it's time to panic!"

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Do a BoD before your cd block so you can get clinging spirits on the boss first. Replace BoJ with BoR when you have echoing concord stacks.

Soulwalker

Well your opener into the CD block should look something like this.

Sanction H
    Scourge
    Vex
    Bolt of Judgment x's 4
    Fanaticism
    BoD
    Nysyrs rebuke
    Bolt of retribution
    BoD
    RC
    Fanaticism
    BoD
    Nysyrs rebuke
    SH
    Scourge
    BoD

Don't use Fanaticism on Nysyr's Rebuke, it only affects the first tick. Use it on Bolt of Depravity instead.

Shadowlander

I've redone my rotation according to this guide.

Seemed to help but still getting rotation down.

How to watch healers:

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Conagra View Post
    I've redone my rotation according to this guide.

Seemed to help but still getting rotation down.
    Also dont worry about the T1 pyro's 20k. Pyromancer is the only soul ingame that can break 20000 dps in T1 gear. So dont feel hard pressed. I put the number up for reference... but at 500 hit you should be looking at 14-15k easily as an inquisitor.

Rift Disciple

If you have Qil's Inquisitor Crystal you'll want to put up Scourge first (before Sanction Heretic), too.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderburst View Post
    Pyromancer is the only soul ingame that can break 20000 dps in T1 gear. .
    Lots of melee specs can pull over 20k in t1 gear (sin, paragon, shaman, harb, etc). Apart from relying on crits, it is primarily skill based. I understand you are saying pyro does more with little effort, but still wouldn't say it's the only soul ingame breaking 20k dps.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by crucial89 View Post
    Lots of melee specs can pull over 20k in t1 gear (sin, paragon, shaman, harb, etc). Apart from relying on crits, it is primarily skill based. I understand you are saying pyro does more with little effort, but still wouldn't say it's the only soul ingame breaking 20k dps.
    those are all Melee souls you listed. it has been said that melee should be above ranged, but the current Pyro breaks this rule by being above each of the top melee souls for each class. Inquisitor is ranged and therefore should be below Shaman and other top melee souls by default.

some times I find it hard to believe we have the same Dev as the mages since they always seem overtuned (especially after reworks) and we always seem to be undertuned. I think Trion needs to get 2 more Devs so they can have a class each, that way we will get more updates/tweaks and more unique Masteries which should make us more competitive, although not our previous Dev back in 1.x.

Soulwalker

Checkout this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...al-zealot.html

On page 4-6 we talk about the rotation a fair bit. Use TB dummies or buy one for your dimension and just grind out some practice and it'll become 2nd nature. Inq is near enough the lowest parsing dps spec so don't expect to get too near other classes/shaman. Ie the Ranger example ~360 hit i was already doing over 10k but bare in mind PA makes a huge difference and i was ~900 or so.

The build you would want atm is: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8t0/nGaGyGllkBh0/U8

15 Defiler is just meh.

Rift Disciple

I do 8-10k on the dummy with 340 hit im sure u can do better

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post
    I do 8-10k on the dummy with 340 hit im sure u can do better
    Of course he can do better, but he's looking for suggestions.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast