+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric Masteries

Plane Touched

Default Cleric Masteries

Thanks to Seatin for the video

I didn't write out the full abilities, just the current effects. This is potentially subject to change. Pick one from each level.

+5% Block Mitigation and Guard
    Critical hits with damaging or healing abilities apply a shield up to 3% max health no more than once ever 6 seconds
    Enemies heal you for 4% max health every 5s when killed
    Heal 50% of your endurance every 3 seconds in combat

HoTs and absorbs apply a 2% healing stack for 15s, max 2 stacks
    Allies affected by your guard recieve 2% more healing
    Increases healing done and absorb granted, applies all inquisitor armor buffs on cast.
    Increases incoming healing by 20%, increases the range of Fervent Strike by 20m

Increases unmounted movement by 10%, increases guard radius 3m
    Increases mana regen by 10%, Single target clenses clense an additional time after 3s
    Reduces duration of CC abilities on you by 10%, your Combat Rez increases target's attack and spellpower by 100% for 20s
    When in combat, instant and channeled abilities apply a 4% movement speed stack, max 3 stacks lasts 15s

Instant and channeled abilities apply a stack of -0.5s cast time, max 5 stacks
    Increases damage done by 10%, decreases crit chance 5%
    "Abilites apply a stack of Diversify to you for each damage type of that ability. Stacks increase damage by 1.5% damage per stack. Stacks can only be applied once every 10s per damage type. Max 3 stacks. Lasts 15s."
    2% increased damage stack per damage over time ability cast, max 2 stacks.

65 (these are all multiple abilities on each mastery)

Divine Providence: Heals players buffed by the cleric's divine favor whenever the cleric casts a single target Heal
    Divine Favor: Buffs up to 3 party members to be healed by divine providence, cannot target caster

Phantom Stream
    Massive damage in moving channel over 3s 1m cooldown
    OR
    Heal target party member 50% of the cleric's health over 3s

Arcane manipulation
    10 second cd double purge
    OR
    If no buffs on the enemy a heavy damage nuke
    OR
    10 second cd double clense on ally

Punishing Strike
    Heavy damage melee attack 6s CD, refreshes EoL and Frozen Wrath, reduces CD of resounding blow by 1s

Some druid/shaman buffs, Some rather lackluster abilities, (10% vs 4% stacking speedx3, 2%x2stack vs 1.5%x3 stack) Moving unresistable Nysyr's equivalent, the nuke on Arcane Manipulation might be too hard compared to Punishing Strike for its CD atm (in the video it was half Phantom Stream)

The -0.5% stacking cast time will not interact well with Life and Death Concord/Unified Theory without changes.

I'm very mitigated right now, and don't know what to think about them. I hope the balance between callings won't be destroyed by these (inb4 clerics can't dps because they can purge in any spec).
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

I like the new Masteries, but many passive ones need buffs. 2-5% buffs to damage/healing aren't very good compared to 3 Armors at once / OP bres mastery (let your Pyro die in PVP, bres him and enemies will BURN).

As I understand, 65 masteries are abilities that change their effect depending on what target you use them on (yourself/enemy/ally)? If so, this will be awesome as we can use them right depending on the situation.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 09-12-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Plane Touched

From the livestream, which I wasn't able to pay attention to enough at the time, mages get a bunch of similar abilities including the purge/nuke/clense. They also get an autorefresh on withering vine, and one that allows casting void life on the move.

Prophet of Telara

Wonder if we can macro in masteries changes like we can role changes. What restrictions are there on when you can change masteries? Is it the same as for roles i.e. can't be under fire?
    Last edited by Islesi; 09-12-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

As far as I know you need to be out of combat.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Plane Touched

Punishing Blow:
    For Shaman: Is PB physical or non-physical and does it proc or consume Frostbite
    For Druid: What disaster does this do to a good druid rotation.
    Its impossible to get PB and Essence Strike and Frozen Wrath. That might have made a good slow build.

Druid buffs: Fervent Strike range at 20m still doesn't help with disconnects much other than to keep Resounding Blow recast reduction up. Druid still needs a rework.

Inquisitor: Life and Death Concord/Unified Theory/Echoing Concord must be mechanically integrated or the class will be a nightmare to use with that mastery for any gains.
    Phantom Stream becomes just another spell to add to the already extensive 1m cd block.

Justicar: Are the mastery spells reduced by Mein of Honor, b/c then they wouldn't be very impressive for tanks overall (well the purge/clense is nice)

Purifier: No moving Ward of Fire to compare with the Chloro moving Void life? Nice QoL on healing in the mastery for small groups, same with Sentinel.

Warden: some more buffs to general functionality, nothing interesting in the 65 abilities

Oracle: Mastery skills eat emblem of alacrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Wonder if we can macro in masteries changes like we can role changes. What restrictions are there on when you can change masteries? Is it the same as for roles i.e. can't be under fire?
    Masteries are saved by role, and masteries can be changed anytime out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    Punishing Blow:
    For Shaman: Is PB physical or non-physical and does it proc or consume Frostbite
    For Druid: What disaster does this do to a good druid rotation.
    Its impossible to get PB and Essence Strike and Frozen Wrath. That might have made a good slow build.

Druid buffs: Fervent Strike range at 20m still doesn't help with disconnects much other than to keep Resounding Blow recast reduction up. Druid still needs a rework.

Inquisitor: Life and Death Concord/Unified Theory/Echoing Concord must be mechanically integrated or the class will be a nightmare to use with that mastery for any gains.
    Phantom Stream becomes just another spell to add to the already extensive 1m cd block.

Justicar: Are the mastery spells reduced by Mein of Honor, b/c then they wouldn't be very impressive for tanks overall (well the purge/clense is nice)

Purifier: No moving Ward of Fire to compare with the Chloro moving Void life? Nice QoL on healing in the mastery for small groups, same with Sentinel.

Warden: some more buffs to general functionality, nothing interesting in the 65 abilities

Oracle: Mastery skills eat emblem of alacrity?
    Punishing Strike is physical and consumes FB. For druid PS makes it so that you never have to use Fervent Strike while in melee.

The increase range of Fervent Strike does not just affect druid since it provides a ranged physical ability(in addition to PS) for shaman to continue to use its nonphys>phys rotation.

Masteries eats Emblem of Alacrity which is super annoying imo.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Plane Touched

Also, weren't these supposed to buff hybrid specs that weren't supported before?

Rift Chaser

as much as these dont promote proper hybrids in the sense of 38/38 etc, they do help to strengthen supporting souls to the main one. also i see potential odd support souls alongside other main souls that would be useless before.

also some of these masteries also offer some QoL perks for the souls that are potentially needed including some buffs in certain area's. dont forget these are not 100% final and still can change or be adjusted/tweaked before launch. also its worth noting that some souls are having potential tweaks on launch (atleast thats what ive heard) to fit the masteries better. plus every soul will eventually get a full overhaul/rework to some degree which may make some of the less appealing masteries more attractive (i believe Inquisitor is being looked at now, and can understand why Kervik didnt want BoJ to be instant by default).

from what ive seen i like the masteries, some interesting combinations and things in there that will benefit any build if used right. 1 or 2 i cant see myself using but i can certainly see some "cookie-cutter" masteries for various builds for min/max, which i am dissapointed about because i was hoping for no one right choice among them. also switching them on the fly out of combat will change progression raids quite a bit, allowing us to pick up some perks to aid healers, tanks and even DPS when you are not in that type of role. once the open beta starts (if we are getting one) then we can start to see how powerful some of these masteries really are.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

I wanted to call out one thing in here I don't think was mentioned. The % bonuses to damage and healing offered by some of the Masteries are not in the same group as any of the other bonuses from other sources. What this means is the Mastery bonuses are multiplicative with other bonuses. 3% is a true 3% bonus instead of getting lost in the passive bonuses from soul gifts or other effects in the soul tree.

For anyone wondering about Ethereal damage, it is a new damage type we're adding with 3.0 that currently has no resist to it. While it won't get bonuses from things that increase specific damage types (Air, Fire, Death, etc) it effectively has 100% armor/resist penetration.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    I wanted to call out one thing in here I don't think was mentioned. The % bonuses to damage and healing offered by some of the Masteries are not in the same group as any of the other bonuses from other sources. What this means is the Mastery bonuses are multiplicative with other bonuses. 3% is a true 3% bonus instead of getting lost in the passive bonuses from soul gifts or other effects in the soul tree.

For anyone wondering about Ethereal damage, it is a new damage type we're adding with 3.0 that currently has no resist to it. While it won't get bonuses from things that increase specific damage types (Air, Fire, Death, etc) it effectively has 100% armor/resist penetration.
    ahh the bonuses being multiplicative make them more attractive now, that 10% damage for -5% crit doesnt sound too bad now although depending on the passive crit rate of our gear and stat conversions it still will get left alone till later teirs of gear.

the Ethereal damage not being affected by resists (at this time) might be a little over tuned in PvP or do they have additional pvp reductions? i assume that at some point Ethereal damage may become a permanent type thus giving us acces to resist for this as well? maybe its a new planar type of the future? the merger of multiple planes to form a stronger army/enemy for the ascended to face.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    ahh the bonuses being multiplicative make them more attractive now, that 10% damage for -5% crit doesnt sound too bad now although depending on the passive crit rate of our gear and stat conversions it still will get left alone till later teirs of gear.

the Ethereal damage not being affected by resists (at this time) might be a little over tuned in PvP or do they have additional pvp reductions? i assume that at some point Ethereal damage may become a permanent type thus giving us acces to resist for this as well? maybe its a new planar type of the future? the merger of multiple planes to form a stronger army/enemy for the ascended to face.
    I'm fairly sure Ethereal damage is designed to be "true damage", granted it can be affected by general damage increases or reductions, just not specific type increases/reductions. It would be rather pointless if we had ways to reduce that kind of damage.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Touched

It would be nice to have a buff to various skills on each mastery, like the buff to Fervent Strike and the inquisitor armor buffs, possibly one for each Soul. This can be used to buff underused abilities, or otherwise poor soul combinations as had been advertised.

Example Suggestions:
    Justicar Hammers do -50% damage but are no longer on the Global Cooldown (this should be on the level 62 Masteries so Inquisitor has to make a choice of options)
    Ward of Scorching now heals an additional 3 (or 2) targets (gives a use for Ward of Scorching, some additional group healing for Purifiers in small groups at high mana cost)

Also, some of the buffs from the Masteries are too similar to other buffs, specifically the 4% per stack buff to movement speed and the two damage buffs. Having a skill buff per mastery would eliminate the obvious of them being too similar, especially since on some specs can ramp up Diversify as fast as the 4% buff.

Suggestion for Diversify: 1% damage on target per stack, max 6 stacks. This gives a bit more ramp up time, and a big penalty to target swapping in exchange for higher damage, and does not allow Shaman to build up the full debuff prior to an early burst.

Shadowlander

Default Inquisitor rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    Thanks to Seatin for the video

I didn't write out the full abilities, just the current effects. This is potentially subject to change. Pick one from each level.

+5% Block Mitigation and Guard
    Critical hits with damaging or healing abilities apply a shield up to 3% max health no more than once ever 6 seconds
    Enemies heal you for 4% max health every 5s when killed
    Heal 50% of your endurance every 3 seconds in combat

HoTs and absorbs apply a 2% healing stack for 15s, max 2 stacks
    Allies affected by your guard recieve 2% more healing
    Increases healing done and absorb granted, applies all inquisitor armor buffs on cast.
    Increases incoming healing by 20%, increases the range of Fervent Strike by 20m

Increases unmounted movement by 10%, increases guard radius 3m
    Increases mana regen by 10%, Single target clenses clense an additional time after 3s
    Reduces duration of CC abilities on you by 10%, your Combat Rez increases target's attack and spellpower by 100% for 20s
    When in combat, instant and channeled abilities apply a 4% movement speed stack, max 3 stacks lasts 15s

Instant and channeled abilities apply a stack of -0.5s cast time, max 5 stacks
    Increases damage done by 10%, decreases crit chance 5%
    "Abilites apply a stack of Diversify to you for each damage type of that ability. Stacks increase damage by 1.5% damage per stack. Stacks can only be applied once every 10s per damage type. Max 3 stacks. Lasts 15s."
    2% increased damage stack per damage over time ability cast, max 2 stacks.

65 (these are all multiple abilities on each mastery)

Divine Providence: Heals players buffed by the cleric's divine favor whenever the cleric casts a single target Heal
    Divine Favor: Buffs up to 3 party members to be healed by divine providence, cannot target caster

Phantom Stream
    Massive damage in moving channel over 3s 1m cooldown
    OR
    Heal target party member 50% of the cleric's health over 3s

Arcane manipulation
    10 second cd double purge
    OR
    If no buffs on the enemy a heavy damage nuke
    OR
    10 second cd double clense on ally

Punishing Strike
    Heavy damage melee attack 6s CD, refreshes EoL and Frozen Wrath, reduces CD of resounding blow by 1s

Some druid/shaman buffs, Some rather lackluster abilities, (10% vs 4% stacking speedx3, 2%x2stack vs 1.5%x3 stack) Moving unresistable Nysyr's equivalent, the nuke on Arcane Manipulation might be too hard compared to Punishing Strike for its CD atm (in the video it was half Phantom Stream)

The -0.5% stacking cast time will not interact well with Life and Death Concord/Unified Theory without changes.
    I might be misunderstanding this, but i rather like the -0.5% stacking cast time, alot of our stuff is instants i know, but the only reason we cast alot of that stuff is to get bolts of depravity out....with 5 stacks of -.5% we will have insta-cast bolts of retribution. my rotation will probably be. bod. bod. bod. bod. and then when i have to move..bor.
    i might be misunderstanding though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast