+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake

Thread: Easy mode dungeon pug cleric healer?

Default Easy mode dungeon pug cleric healer?

Easy mode dungeon pug cleric healer?

Looking to try my hand at healing groups and running pug dungeons to level my cleric toon (lvl 36 atm) (if that's even possible )

Two things:

1 - I don't know the dungeons, bosses, or the fights
    2 - I hate keyboard mash/spammy characters.

so... what's the most relaxed cleric pug group healer spec that also is forgiving of mistakes?

full on purifier? warden? puriwarden? something else?

purifier

/10

Fia

Purifier easy mode macros:

Sunny Days V:
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group1 Symbol of the Torch
    cast @group2 Symbol of the Torch
    cast @group3 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group4 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group5 Symbol of the Sun

Ultra ST Shield :V
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Will
    cast Flashover
    cast Symbol of the Sun

Ultra AOE Shield (:
    #show Gathering of Flames
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Will
    cast Flashover
    cast Gathering of Flames

Easy cleanse ;)
    #show Cauterize
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group1 Cauterize
    cast @group2 Cauterize
    cast @group3 Cauterize
    cast @group4 Cauterize
    cast @group5 Cauterize

That should do it. :D
    Last edited by Fia; 09-11-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

people always seem to suggest puri for 5 man healing. sure it is pretty easy but sent is easier with almost as much tank heals and more direct aoe healing. puri is a lot more maintenance and people tend to be pretty stupid, waiting until their shield is gone before bothering to start moving out of Stuff.
    Last edited by krabcat; 09-12-2014 at 05:22 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Telaran

I personally feel 61 senti 15 puri is better for SLE healing.

Simply because it does more aoe healing, you got a passive which heals people every time you cast a healing spell, and you got a big instant cast heal which heals 2 other people for 60%. And with 15 points in puri, you get another aoe heal instant cast.

But once you get geared and your shields become really strong, then Puri is better because shields increase survivability more.

Historically i've always defaulted to a sent/puri build for healing dungeon content while leveling, or after expansions, ect. Although, with the changes to Warden cast times with the improved DotD, the single target heal output is significantly higher. I'd be curious to see how it would compare to sent/puri.

But, Playing a Warden for ST would require alot more management than sentinel. Sentinel is probably your best bet for healing while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Historically i've always defaulted to a sent/puri build for healing dungeon content while leveling, or after expansions, ect. Although, with the changes to Warden cast times with the improved DotD, the single target heal output is significantly higher. I'd be curious to see how it would compare to sent/puri.

But, Playing a Warden for ST would require alot more management than sentinel. Sentinel is probably your best bet for healing while leveling.
    personally i prefer the 61sent/15 ward for the aoe HoT, if the group takes a big hit(to put them under 50%) the first tick of which will also proc the heal from faith rewarded for an instant, potentially spammable if they are staying low, heal for nearly as much as the cooldown. once they get above 50% they are either out of danger and passive healing(quite a bit of passive aoe healing) will take them up or you can hit the cooldown.

there is also a sent/warden that goes much deeper into the warden tree for more aoe, it has been used for quite a while and did get a bit of a boost from the changes. the only downside is that it does not have many big ST heals, mostly just constant with HoTs and overflowing. something along the lines of
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#qhkEll5iay/pt5i2a58/
    magelo has not updated their skills in a while so some might be placed differently and it is late so i don't feel like logging in to check but i remember that i specced it specifically so that i was under 32 points in sent so that i did not have to look at the 2 battle rezzes on the same cooldown. it was annoying enough that whatever small boost i would have gotten was not worth it
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Some great discussion my toon is 36 ATM bee doing pvp . I'm full purifier with extra points in sent. find it pretty good but I have no aoe heal :/. However I just rotate through group dropping shield and then heals seems to work pretty good . But again. Would. Be nice to have at least one bro aoe

Rift Master

You want PUG easy mode.......I would actually go mostly warden but make sure to put enough points into Purifier for the single target heal.

With the rest of the points being in Warden you would have MORE than enough AOE healing.

Rift Master

Easy-peasy at level 36 is 36 sent, 12 puri, 0 ward. Use subtle invocation instead of healing invocation. HI isn't needed till later, though does make a good nuke combo with Touch the Light and Flashover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwaltzer View Post
    And with 15 points in puri, you get another aoe heal instant cast. .
    What's its name? Don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread