+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric CC?

Plane Touched

Default Cleric CC?

First of all this thread is not meant to be a balance rant, although it may look like one. My intention with this thread is to ask for help when it comes to compensating the lack of CC that I feel Cleric has.
    After focusing almost purely on PvE for a few months I have recently started doing some more PvP in Rift, and although i liked it, there's one thing that I really don't understand: Why do clerics have virtually no CC? From all the Cleric souls, there's only one that has a stun (shaman). That stun is on a 1 minute cooldown. Debilitates and stuff like that are also very rare and on long cooldowns. The only CC effects that Clerics really have are weak fears, snares, put-to-sleeps etc... that don't really matter. All in all it seems to me that Cleric has by far the weakest CC of all callings. Now, how do we make up for it? Give them bigger burst? Nope, still way behind any Assassin, Pyro or Paragon...
    Now, my question to you experienced PvPers is: How do you handle that lack of CC (and burst)? Is there any trick that I'm missing? Or should I just get away from the CC-heavy playstyle that I'm used to from other games and do something completely different?
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Rift Disciple

Cabalist is the soul that has the most cc in the game...

Rift Disciple

Oh and :
    Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    From all the Cleric souls, there's only one that has a stun (shaman).
    Sovereignty - Justicar
    Sigil of Catastrophe - Cab
    Sigil of Ruin ( +3x with Dominion) - Cab

We can also add Bewilder - Inq, not called a stun but also prevent to do anything

Plane Touched

I'm and idiot, totally forgot about the cab sigils...
    sry for posting this
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Champion of Telara

An argument could certainly be made that Inq's primary range DPS (Inq) and primary melee DPS (Shaman) are woefully inadequate in that department compared to other classes.

+ Reply to Thread