+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Cleric Build

Soulwalker

Default Good Cleric Build

Hey I am a newer player (I've been playing for around a month) and I am interested in a good DPS build involving the Druid sub class (and obviously two others that complement it well). If anyone can point me to a good build (especially a solo one) that'd be much appreciated. If it helps my Cleric is lvl 28.

Rift Master

This is for pve only. Just some ideas to get you started. The first one I list I used in the early levels for my cleric. Druid I didn't do much on until about 55.

Ranged caster with a few points in tank soul for survival and wisdom bonus:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#nG8Ai/D8D0/r8

Benefits: Play from range, a bit of self healing from vex, you get to learn some part of the inquisitor build early, 2 of the druid spells are life damage, helping gain stacks more easily to have a cast time reduced nuke.

Disadvantages: Inquisitor in later game doesn't hybrid well with anything due to its defining characteristics coming at 58. Not enough points in druid for greater pets.

Another option: Some points could be moved around to suit your needs. Also if you discover you need more heals than your pets can provide, you can do 5 sentinel with spellpower bonus instead of oracle.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n8/DkGAwwo/Y8

Benefits: Greater tanking pet, greater healing pet, the option to toggle aoe healing when healing fairy pet is active, nice buff for you and the pet, a sleep if you you need a few seconds to down one enemy before tackling another. Endgame, druid does higher dps than inquisitor, but druid isn't raid viable and inquisitor is.

Disadvantages: Playing melee, very few abilities to damage from ranged, abysmal aoe. Not that it matters much, I never found an aoe spec to be useful for leveling in that range. If you run the oracle variant in a group with a support class, do not use any oracle buffs, it will give the other support class migraines.

There are many other possibilities, but either of these should serve you well for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrarizing View Post
    Hey I am a newer player (I've been playing for around a month) and I am interested in a good DPS build involving the Druid sub class (and obviously two others that complement it well). If anyone can point me to a good build (especially a solo one) that'd be much appreciated. If it helps my Cleric is lvl 28.
    In 28 levels, have you not looked at the presets? There's one there that's EXACTLY what you've just asked for.

Soulwalker

Thank you Taledra your post was very helpful and I will look into those. Wylwrk the reason that I requested Druid in particular was because I picked the preset you are referring to I was just hoping there may be something a bit better available.

Champion of Telara

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmfqylzb...V0zcdsfkbGovVM

Use the Tank pet, beat the snot out of things with Combined Effort -Resounding Blow - Hammer of Duty,

Plane Touched

Default Best cleric build

Best cleric build is currently the rogue or warrior.

Edit: or mage
    Last edited by JudeFromKale; 09-03-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Default I am the law!

I like the Lawbringer preset, it has a guide and has worked for me up to 22 so far. I really enjoy it, and will keep it as one of my roles.

It's a ranged set up, and when stuff gets near you it'll still die. I have not really had anything get to melee range of me unless it's more than 1 mob, and if anything does 1v1, it's dead right as it gets to me.

Druidicar preset is good if you want to use pets.

The Holy Fire Shaman is also a very good set up as well, it's melee based. I plan to make that a set role as well down the line when I can afford to open up more roles.

Learn ranged, melee, and heals (support if you have dream souls) and you'll be pretty learned in the Clerical ways.

Champion of Telara

I like hitting level 60s for 75k with Hammer of Duty.

+ Reply to Thread