+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early Soul Harvester lvl 21 Guide...sorta!

Soulwalker

Default Early Soul Harvester lvl 21 Guide...sorta!

After playing all four classes and really liking Harbinger, I found a class that I liked even more. I like it so much that when I found a slow down from lvl 22-23 I really enjoyed the grinding.
    I'm no expert and my problem with other classes might be operator failure. I, also, didn't know where to go to find more quests. But, with that said, this is for solo pve.
    Most guides are geared toward 50-60. Even the preset for soul harvester says not available until lvl 60. So this is for those like me who need an easier time leveling pve because there is a time limitation keeping us from doing group quests.
    My lvl23 Soul Harvester is 12Cabalist/18Defiler/0Purifier. The next two points I get is going into Purifer for the buff that deals back damage when hit and then the rest are filling out Cabalist and defiler.
    Cabalist: Stroke of Genius 5/5, Entropy 5/5, Unbound Obliteration 1/1 (not really needed at this point).
    Defiler: Open Minded 5/5, Obsessive 5/5, Siphon Vitality 1/1, Husk of Indifference 1/1 leading to Cardial Conversion 2/2, Peak Form 3/5, Delicate Alteration 1/1, and Summon Beacon of Despair 1/1 (the key to this whole build).
    My rotation is to cast Beacon at target's location, hit the target with Siphon, Marrow Harvest, Dark Water, and Curse of Discord. Then I invite more mobs to the party making sure to apply all four Dot's/Delays on each mob before inviting another.
    Somewhere after the fourth or fifth mob would be a good time to apply Symbol of the Torch on your Beacon. The beacon is already taking half damage, but a shield would help with more addons. Continue with a couple more mobs and applying the 4 spells on each.
    By this point some of them should have already beat themselves to death (the Beacon deals back damage each time it's hit), so use Dark Water to finish them off since it is an instant and deals the most damage out of all the instants right now.
    Some final key notes: 1)With the build any healing spell will trigger Husk shield thanks to Cardial Conversion and that includes Siphon Vitality. So every time you cast it, your shield will refresh. 2) If you or your beacon are in need of healing then cast Foul Growth followed by Loathsome Restoration. FG will only heal AFTER the 10 seconds are up, but LR will trigger it early plus heal you some more. 3) After level 21 I was fighting 5-7 mobs that were 2 levels higher than me and killing them faster than the delay time of the AoE. So, I am hoping that later on they will start playing more of a key role, but for now I don't use them. Lastly 4)When you are moving from one group of mobs to another group of mobs don't bother healing your Beacon. Darn thing doesn't move with you, but if you recast it at the next target's location it will have full health and whatever shield time that was remaining prior to recast.
    Hope this helps someone. For whatever reason I can't seem to get any enjoyment grinding with the other classes like I do this one (and that's weird because I LOVE harbinger). This is also the first game I played where cleric rocks on solo grinds. Oh, the only gear I have that are blue or above (nothing above) are the ones from quests or the planar bought lesser essences.

Soulwalker

Default Should write things at 4am

Quote Originally Posted by logan9209 View Post
    Most guides are geared toward 50-60. Even the preset for soul harvester says not available until lvl 60. So this is for those like me who need an easier time leveling pve because there is a time limitation keeping us from doing group quests.
    Sorry, I wrote this at 4am and got mixed up. Soul Harvester preset is available anytime. It was frozen twister that's not available till 60. But still the guide should be good, since the one listed is for upper levels.

+ Reply to Thread