+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stack monitor UI

Plane Touched

Default Stack monitor UI

Since this UI is in the game and seems to be popular, here is a list of abilities that could benefit from tracking stacks of a buff that are important to track for gameplay. This may be more appropriate in the suggestions forum but it is a continuation of a conversation in the warden/inquisitor threads. I probably missed some.

Cleric:

Inquisitor:
    Life and Death Concord
    Echoing Concord
    Zealotry (not really, even if my suggestion to use Fanaticism 3 times per minute was implemented)

Purifier:
    Ward of Flame stacking buff

Mage:
    Chloromanceer:
    Boon of Life
    Healing Balance

Pyromancer:
    Internalize Charge

Archon:
    Possibly pillaging stone and searing vitality

Warrior:
    I cant think of anything

Rogue:
    Bard:
    Harmonic Distortion

Tactician:
    Expanded Torrents
    Torrent Overload

Physician:
    Cognitive Enhancement (possibly)

If I didn't include something I either overlooked it, or the buff is like Zealotry and Rage of the North in that it doesn't influence your gameplay as you will still use the next best ability in your rotation and tracking it isn't really important beyond that it was activated. The majority of these buffs (and one debuff) are built up on normal skill usage and tracking is important for which ability you will use next.

Guess I'm not seeing the point or question in the thread?

Rift's default UI does track and display all those. Albeit in a awkward and inadequate fashion, but it is there between your buff bar and hotbar and the bar/s under the target frame all there.
    However you can make Karuul Alert display it in almost anyway that you like.

Stack in center, Timer on side, bottom, top or vice versa, I think you can even put both inside, but haven't tried. Its a very flexible addon if a little difficult to learn to use. It definitely could use a "user friendliness" make over, But I got good understanding of it now.
    Put {stacks} in the text field to have it show the number of stacks the buff/debuff has.

If your asking for the Default UI to be cleaned up, I concur. Just not sure how, what you'd change its all pretty standard.
    However, I'd love it if you could adjust the buff bar in more detail, control what kinds of buffs show and what doesn't, and in what order. For instance there is no reason for all the Tracking buffs to show. 30m+ buffs should appear on a top bar while short duration <5m buffs should be on a separate bar. This would be nice.

So after reading and replying I thought I'd play with Karuul a little. to see if you could put both inside the alert in a manageable way.

I really Like how it came out so thought I'd share the remake of my Echoing Concord alert.
    Shows stacks in a large number at top and timer in small numbers at bottom similar to the default Convictions icon for Justicar

KA:Echoing Concord:aZCNheNo1jssKwjAQRX/FL9C0PqrcnbUFF1opcRcIMY01WBJpsiniv5sE
    ypmB4dzFXGSg+AxiUiPiSVGjki+rTb8orZF27GCsUSAhrgMk0O qnx0l4sWL3MxMPPWg/cS2tcaxX
    Ro1a8tmSdcbzZdc5FMUhLMFmHycLfJ0X8u1+oM2trK60aoNMHw jybWpzbChtLnMY3S6VqP/K5TlC
    Here's my full set. Note most of these were taken from another thread. The Nysyr's and Curse of Discord are disabled because I don't feel I need them. The Echoing Concord I wrote myself tho because that other thread didn't have one.

KA::ANpGieNqVk1tvmzAUx78Kb3vrbCBc5CfwRZrUNVPKtpdIl kMcZiU1lU26om7ffbZHtImmEtU
    BBOeCf+f4b9r+6JXuItzrtjd7BFGDHk9ilCa8NoghOkvRvZYIu DBzBpxt1GFARAzi4/brp63YqZM
    aRq7aXtttJ7U0quUXL0ggj2/2e4vyvHQ3QGnhL+jsxQ6iPdrfqFl/wfSuoRvnDCsAFK8CTb1umvX
    nS9D7sgDBfn2Tz//B3wzCdHIIkL7ORytGCgbSOslLTHL3XNzEk3wOyFkRz5Bz9A8UB ktAGNrkDl8
    eMXaI921/dlRvYjJ0yagYTvI8BrhMKUwwqRejPohOq8PIH4XSHMC/2Ek6w87eg02EOUbfxTBJYk7
    eBPNJWlrrp0xWFYmrjMYpJhQvRt+7X/Cffh3LxSSRAuWwvCaRW8qaKz34MV7r4W60o/lgo43cnY8
    yAE0qjyeVzzIc6yJo7cssN6EqQK8KOJv29WG/BvUyxmdjZdQfIqLsdCDZG5p+lVoxuioJLmFBsxo
    UNVg8+lbsxEnZgVvVqRPvD9yIJ9G5U3/ZiWTeVPEOCf0Bzx9XHw

Rift Chaser

i can see where you are coming from but for a lot of the things you suggested I don't think it is worth tracking them more than the current buff system.

on the other hand I would have liked to see Clerics get a secondary resource management mechanic. afterall Mages have Charge, Rogues have Combo points and Warriors have Attack points. all we have is convictions in Justicar and back in the original 1.0 build Cabalist had something similar but was removed due to QoL. I wouldn't mind seeing the "conviction" stacks reflect across the whole class and work like they do in Justicar, with various abilities generating and using stacks for different effects. afterall Justicar uses them for DPS, Heals and defense so the coding must be there to weave into different ability types in the other souls, especially since Warden is now going to track DotD stacks (on PTS atleast).

maybe something for Kervik to think about when doing future soul reworks as it could open up more complexity while allowing less abilities, which a lot of people seem to prefer, and potential for more hybridisation/synergy between souls, which we all want.

Plane Touched

This is simply a request for the Hexagon UI element that currently tracks Convictions, Stormcaller Electrified and Conductive Medium, and Necromancer Deathly Calling to be applied to the above skills. I currently use Karuul Alerts to track them, but the addon is frequently buggy and loses things.

Oh ok I think I see.
    You want brake outs for each of those spells that you can move around/resize like the Hexagons?

Well I do agree that the Buff bar could use some love. Those 4 you named that get the special Hexagon UI's are class mechanics and effect how the Role is played in general.
    Life and Death Concord only affects BoD and you get a reactive Proc UI for it when it reaches Max so not necessary. Echoing Concord only affects Bolts so not sure it deserves same treatment as a Class mechanic.
    Internalized Charge probably does, but this mechanic is pretty much crap, it should build from more then just the 1 spell more closely to how Electrified works, some spells build it, some spells use it. As is you count to 6 tap it count to 6 tap it. Don't play any those other Souls.

I would like to see the Buff Bar more customizable tho, with options to separate Perm, Long duration, short duration, and procs.
    Target Buffs should have better option then all or Just mine also, should be an option for Similar/same I can cast, so you could easily see if some one else has already thrown things like the 7% non-phys debuff, etc. Should also have options for what order they appear in.

Plane Touched

Life and Death Concord reduces Bolt of Depravity's cast time by 0.3s per stack. If it did nothing it wouldn't need to be monitored, but it does do something that would require monitoring if other mechanics didn't so overpower it. Echoing Concord affects what spell you will use next and whether you do that while moving or delay moving for extra damage, and is incredibly important to monitor closely.

Life and Death Concord reduces Bolt of Depravity's cast time by 0.3s per stack.
    Yes this is correct and at 5 Stacks it procs Unified Theory and BoD becomes instant and you get a UI notification that its ready to cast (its a Big blue icon that suddenly pops up). There is no reason to know when its at 0-4 stacks because your not going to use them till it hits 5 stacks 99% of time. There may be reason to hard cast it sometimes but at those times your not going to care about how many stacks you have.

Echoing Concord makes BoR and BoJ instant. BoR is already instant most of the time. So in effect it really only effects 1 spell BoJ because your going to use it to cast BoJ for a very small amount of extra dmg. Doesn't qualify as nearly as important as Convictions, Electrified, or CM, which all Effect the entire game play of the Soul. Is notification nice? Yes! that is why I use a kalert for it. But important enough to ask devs to waste time coding special UI? No.
    Edit -- Maybe it would be justified to give it a reactive Proc Icon like Unified Theory's. But since its always predictable not really You get 2 Stacks after every BoD.

As I said there may be justification for the extra UI on some of the spells in your list (I don't know), but not these 2. Just can't see how they are in anyway of the same relevance.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 08-29-2014 at 07:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread