+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cleric SLE self healing tank build

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default Cleric SLE self healing tank build

    So as i have been a tank in many different games and some having the ability to self heal themselves in experts or equivalent. Now i have heard a few times now there is a build and a way to get a cleric tank to do this as well. from what i hear it is a 55just/22 sent build. I have tried to figure it out. I'm thinking some gear pieces need to be switched out for dps gear for better healing. If anyone could help me with this that would be great.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    317

    Default

    yes it is possible but you will need to out gear experts to do so. (self healing in raids is impossible to my knowledge). personally I have over 600 toughness/hit and have a mix of T2/T3 gear and can solo heal a dungeon/expert with 61Just/12Def/3Sent.

    I basically set up the cleanse macro (below) for when its needed, i.e. stampede boss in Boneforge, and can heal through most mechanics using double DoL > TA > double DoL as needed, i.e. SBP last 2 bosses instead of AoE cleansing.

    Cleanse macro
    #show Jealous Intervention
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group01 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group02 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group03 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group04 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group05 Jealous Intervention


    DoL I can typically get 3-5k per person and DoB I can get anywhere between 7-14k non-crit and a 22kcrit heal which is usually more than enough for most encounters. unfortunately due to the role you are filling (healer) hammers are usually best removed or atfor the hotbar to reduce temptation to use them. instead you need to focus on your doctrines for healing either yourself or others thus sacrificing a lot of DPS. you may still want to open with a hammer if you have trigger happy DPS but during a fight I would suggest ignoring the hammers until you are comfortable with how to play the healing side of the build.


    This build is also helpful on some T1 10man bosses to reduce the healing requirement on bosses with little to no AoE healing required BUT do not use it for progression content as it has less base survivability than a 6Inq/6Sham build. for Experts though I find self heal tanking makes them more interesting and keeps an element of fun/difficulty especially SBP, RotTF, AoF and Exodus where the healing can sometimes be intense.

    as for gear I just use my standard tank gear with little/no swapping of gear. unfortunately due to how the tank soul works even if you go full DPS/Heal gear you will only see ~40% healing increase at most and your survivability and HP will drop more than the healing will rise. maybe someone else with another build can give different advise but this is what works for me and im sticking to it (TA + Doctrines is too hard to give up for those oh s**t moments)

    disclaimer;- some groups may not allow for this kind of build to work due to low HP or prolonged fights where you will struggle to maintain the group and yourself long enough (run out of CD's). also in some cases you may need to have a necro/defiler link on you (I did on RotTF at first) as some fights can be tricky to heal you and others at the same time. ALSO I am not responsible for any wipes/deaths resulting in the use of this build as it works for me when I play it!!

    Have Fun
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 08-29-2014 at 02:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    It's 54 Just/22 Sent. Something like this I think:

    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmIfnvlu...ckIhkveocxhz0z

    although I am not sure of the exact point distribution. But you need to be extremely well geared to pull it off, like T3 ready to use it in Experts. But that's probably about the highest content you could use it in, unless someone can attest to using it in TDQ/IDH level raid. But I doubt it.

  4. #4
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    It's 54 Just/22 Sent. Something like this I think:

    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmIfnvlu...ckIhkveocxhz0z

    although I am not sure of the exact point distribution. But you need to be extremely well geared to pull it off, like T3 ready to use it in Experts. But that's probably about the highest content you could use it in, unless someone can attest to using it in TDQ/IDH level raid. But I doubt it.
    t1 ready is fine.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I have achieved JustSentBestSent tanking in T1

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default Accidentally hit submit

    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSENTBESTSENT View Post
    I have achieved JustSentBestSent tanking in T1
    I have achieved JustSentBestSent tanking in T1 gear during Experts and T1 raids with a SP focus.
    Following this I've used JustSentBestSent in T2/T3 gear for both T2 and T3 (rarely - there's no point) raids.

    Depending on your gear, the amount of mobs you pull, and your group will depend on how you need to heal.
    The main heals you'll use will be Righteous Mandate (ST bonus heals), Doctrine of Bliss, and Censure + Hammer of Faith, in emergency situations where you only have 1-3 targets in front of you you'll need to concern yourself with possibly hitting DoL.

    Mostly you just want to focus on tanking gear, the only reason I even run a SP focus is because I'm too lazy and CONQUEST IS ****ING AWFUL AND I'LL NEVER HAVE TO DO PVP FOR BiS PVE GEAR, RIGHT TRION?

    This is roughly the build you want, if you want the original spec you'll have to contact Munta@GB or Guvernator@GB - creators of the spec as far as I'm aware. JUSTSENTBESTSENT

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Justsentbestsent

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    DoL I can typically get 3-5k per person and DoB I can get anywhere between 7-14k non-crit and a 22kcrit heal which is usually more than enough for most encounters. unfortunately due to the role you are filling (healer) hammers are usually best removed or atfor the hotbar to reduce temptation to use them. instead you need to focus on your doctrines for healing either yourself or others thus sacrificing a lot of DPS. you may still want to open with a hammer if you have trigger happy DPS but during a fight I would suggest ignoring the hammers until you are comfortable with how to play the healing side of the build.
    You clearly don't recognize the healing granted from salvation.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    I was able to heal an Expert using 41 Oracle/33 Justicar/ 2 Warden as well, but we had a good tank. Putting Righteous Mandate on the tank and either DPSing (providing around 1-2k healing per hit), alternating Emblem of Alacrity and Overflowing Renewal, or Battle Fury-OR in emergencies. You can also heal up the group fast using the Just AoE attack, as long as the tank manages aggro well. I've saved more than a few PuG SLEs with this spec as well, especially with the extra Battle Rez.

    I wouldn't queue as a healer with it, but it's a fun and different way to do Experts.
    Last edited by Caeus; 09-06-2014 at 05:12 AM.

  10. #10
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    SLE self healing tank build? Just use the regular tank spec, it's has the strongest heal output anyway. I don't just heal myself, I can also heal the entire group while I am at it, (most of the time) no need for a healer at all. I can do about 7k hps AOE heal, and up to 4-5k hps selfhealing, if I time my heals correctly. It's all about cooldown management. Note that you have to have pretty good gear though, I am full T2 and have 3 pieces of T3.
    Last edited by Fia; 09-06-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    SLE self healing tank build? Just use the regular tank spec, it's has the strongest heal output anyway. I don't just heal myself, I can also heal the entire group while I am at it, (most of the time) no need for a healer at all. I can do about 7k hps AOE heal, and up to 4-5k hps selfhealing, if I time my heals correctly. It's all about cooldown management. Note that you have to have pretty good gear though, I am full T2 and have 3 pieces of T3.
    Correct that normal Justicar can heal experts by itself, has been able to for a long time, and probably about the numbers (not that they matter). As for evertyhing else you say, that's incorrect.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSENTBESTSENT View Post
    You clearly don't recognize the healing granted from salvation.
    Actually i do and get betwrrn 800-1k per attack (non-crit) but since the hammers dont grant additional healing on top, and some encounters its not worth blowing all your convictions on an attack that you may need for healing. this is more for the player to judge whether to hammer or not to hammer. best way is to save your Convictions for the doctrines untill you are confident enough with the mechanics that require healing and know when you can throw in a hammer or 2.

    The Just/Sent build posted is supposedly the better self healing tank build but i seem to get better results with my own version esspecially with TA for OH S*** moments. since this is not a min/max style build/role there is alot more room for preference, so what works for me might not for you (solo builds also work like this), best way is to experiment and see how it feels.

    the main thing needed for self heal tanking is gear and competance with the soul and encounters. if you have that then most builds will allow you to self heal within reason. if you dont feel confident at first get someone to run some healing support, i.e. Druid healing pet or bard, to help support you untill you feel you can take on all the healing yourself. also run with a guild group while learning as PUGs are usually unpredictable and awkward to test new things in.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    Actually i do and get betwrrn 800-1k per attack (non-crit) but since the hammers dont grant additional healing on top, and some encounters its not worth blowing all your convictions on an attack that you may need for healing. this is more for the player to judge whether to hammer or not to hammer. best way is to save your Convictions for the doctrines untill you are confident enough with the mechanics that require healing and know when you can throw in a hammer or 2.

    The Just/Sent build posted is supposedly the better self healing tank build but i seem to get better results with my own version esspecially with TA for OH S*** moments. since this is not a min/max style build/role there is alot more room for preference, so what works for me might not for you (solo builds also work like this), best way is to experiment and see how it feels.

    the main thing needed for self heal tanking is gear and competance with the soul and encounters. if you have that then most builds will allow you to self heal within reason. if you dont feel confident at first get someone to run some healing support, i.e. Druid healing pet or bard, to help support you untill you feel you can take on all the healing yourself. also run with a guild group while learning as PUGs are usually unpredictable and awkward to test new things in.
    You don't know how to play the spec.

    I don't understand what you mean by "Hammers don't grant additional healing on top", dependent on the amount of adds a Censure + Hammer of Faith will outheal a DoL. I mean, I don't mean to be rude, but I really do feel like you haven't tested this at all. With roughly 5 mobs I can out heal your DoL DoL TA DoL DoL with Censure HoF PoR HoF EJ HoF. If you don't believe this, feel free to go and try it because I really don't think you understand how the salvation heals work here.

    Throwing out a hammer or two is a joke, you should maybe throw out a DoL or two instead.

    As for your "Supposedly better self healing tank build", I suggest you just stop posting now. The only way 61Justicar will outheal Just/Sent is if the JustSent goes afk to poke himself in the bum with his thumb.

    TL;DR: Stop saving your Convictions for DoL; instead, use more Censure + Hammer of Faith. The main thing needed for self heal tanking is to not be incompetent and actually try your spells. If you don't feel confident grow a sack and try until you do it properly.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSENTBESTSENT View Post
    You don't know how to play the spec.

    I don't understand what you mean by "Hammers don't grant additional healing on top", dependent on the amount of adds a Censure + Hammer of Faith will outheal a DoL. I mean, I don't mean to be rude, but I really do feel like you haven't tested this at all. With roughly 5 mobs I can out heal your DoL DoL TA DoL DoL with Censure HoF PoR HoF EJ HoF. If you don't believe this, feel free to go and try it because I really don't think you understand how the salvation heals work here.

    Throwing out a hammer or two is a joke, you should maybe throw out a DoL or two instead.

    As for your "Supposedly better self healing tank build", I suggest you just stop posting now. The only way 61Justicar will outheal Just/Sent is if the JustSent goes afk to poke himself in the bum with his thumb.

    TL;DR: Stop saving your Convictions for DoL; instead, use more Censure + Hammer of Faith. The main thing needed for self heal tanking is to not be incompetent and actually try your spells. If you don't feel confident grow a sack and try until you do it properly.
    ok some misunderstanding here, most of what i have been saying was against boss/st fights. sure i agree you get better heals from AoE attacks with multiple mobs but on ST fights Salvation isnt always enough so thats when DoL shines for any group damage. really what i should have said previously was specific to Hammer of Duty since that will only proc a single Salvation at the same amount as a SoJ. im not saying you cannot use it just be more careful as it leaves you with no Convictions.

    as for the "my build is better", you need to read my post in full. i never said it was better just that I get better results with my version and that what works for me wont nessisarily work for you, and what works for you doesnt always work for everyone else. since this build is purely for a non-progression/compettative play there is alot of flexibility in the build so the more options people see and try they have a better chance of finding the one that works for them.

    oh and just a side note for using Censure in an AoE situation, i agree it is still viable even though Censure only procs Salvation on the first tick (per target its spread to) but at the full ST healing rate. on a 5 mob test i got a ~840 Censure proc for applying the first censure then 5x ~400 for HoF and then a further 4x ~840 from the 4 new Censure applications.

    TL;DR @ JUSTSENTBESTSENT - im not saying im right your wrong or that im better. all im doing is giving an opinion and since it works for me it cant be wrong either. there is such a thing as more than one right way depending on your preference. there is no need to attack me just because my opinion differs from yours. if you were on the EU shards id invite you for a demonstration so i can show you mine works as well (i know yours works as i have used it before, just prefer my variant), Maybe someone that has seen me Flipina<Immortals>@Gelidra can vouch for me instead although i usually do guild runs.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    ok some misunderstanding here, most of what i have been saying was against boss/st fights. sure i agree you get better heals from AoE attacks with multiple mobs but on ST fights Salvation isnt always enough so thats when DoL shines for any group damage. really what i should have said previously was specific to Hammer of Duty since that will only proc a single Salvation at the same amount as a SoJ. im not saying you cannot use it just be more careful as it leaves you with no Convictions.

    as for the "my build is better", you need to read my post in full. i never said it was better just that I get better results with my version and that what works for me wont nessisarily work for you, and what works for you doesnt always work for everyone else. since this build is purely for a non-progression/compettative play there is alot of flexibility in the build so the more options people see and try they have a better chance of finding the one that works for them.

    oh and just a side note for using Censure in an AoE situation, i agree it is still viable even though Censure only procs Salvation on the first tick (per target its spread to) but at the full ST healing rate. on a 5 mob test i got a ~840 Censure proc for applying the first censure then 5x ~400 for HoF and then a further 4x ~840 from the 4 new Censure applications.

    TL;DR @ JUSTSENTBESTSENT - im not saying im right your wrong or that im better. all im doing is giving an opinion and since it works for me it cant be wrong either. there is such a thing as more than one right way depending on your preference. there is no need to attack me just because my opinion differs from yours. if you were on the EU shards id invite you for a demonstration so i can show you mine works as well (i know yours works as i have used it before, just prefer my variant), Maybe someone that has seen me Flipina<Immortals>@Gelidra can vouch for me instead although i usually do guild runs.
    No need to apologise mate, I understand what you're saying now, and mostly agree with you. In terms of experts I find just stacking all the mobs on the boss works really well, the extra healing makes up for the extra damage.

    Just to retract the spec I posted earlier, here's the correct spec: JUSTSENTBESTSENT You can of course modify this spec dependent on what you need.

    Of course we are not on the same realm set, but perhaps you can find me on the PTS at some point if you hang about on there, it would be fun to run a few things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts