+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Caldern
  • 1 Post By Caldern

Thread: New Shaman questions

Default New Shaman questions

Hey guys, I'm starting a shaman / warden / sentinel build here, and I have some questions about the gear I must seek for.

I see that shamans have air/water damage spells, and also physical attacks like massive blow and crushing blow. So what's the ideal stats I need on my gear? Wisdom Int and Spell in all pieces? Str ? Mix both?

Thanks!

Ascendant

Despite using physical/weapon attacks, (since storm legion) clerics as well as mages calculate their melee tree damage off of spell power/spell crit. Treat the shaman as a caster with instant cast melee ranged spells.

Stat priority is the same as most casters, with a slightly higher weight on crit power(due to rage of the north). Wisdom is still the primary stat for clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Despite using physical/weapon attacks, (since storm legion) clerics as well as mages calculate their melee tree damage off of spell power/spell crit. Treat the shaman as a caster with instant cast melee ranged spells.

Stat priority is the same as most casters, with a slightly higher weight on crit power(due to rage of the north). Wisdom is still the primary stat for clerics.
    Hey! Ty for replying!

Nice to know that, and we dont need any passive to have this benefit?

Antoher question, any tips for gearing at lvl 35-45 ?

Thanks again!

Ascendant

The difference in gear prior to level 50 is pretty negligible, as long as you don't outgrow your weapon(largest source of stats) by more than 5-10 levels it should be mostly smooth sailing. Quests and drops should keep you covered as far as gear goes. I'm also pretty sure there is a blue quality crafted staff somewhere in that level range, if you can find someone to make it.

Also, save up your planarite for a 6 slot planar focus, that will be especially helpful once you pass level 50 since the stats on essences take a big jump. You can overwrite an essence by applying a new one in its place, and lesser essences can be placed in the greater essence slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The difference in gear prior to level 50 is pretty negligible, as long as you don't outgrow your weapon(largest source of stats) by more than 5-10 levels it should be mostly smooth sailing. Quests and drops should keep you covered as far as gear goes. I'm also pretty sure there is a blue quality crafted staff somewhere in that level range, if you can find someone to make it.

Also, save up your planarite for a 6 slot planar focus, that will be especially helpful once you pass level 50 since the stats on essences take a big jump. You can overwrite an essence by applying a new one in its place, and lesser essences can be placed in the greater essence slots.
    Ty very much Caldern!

+ Reply to Thread