+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [WIP] List of Cleric Specs

Plane Touched

Default [WIP] List of Cleric Specs

Hey guys,
    First of all I'm quite new to the forums, so please tell me if I do somtehing wrong.
    When i was browsing the cleric guide section, I found that there was no summary post for all the cleric specs that are currently being used. To my knowledge, all the other classes have such a list, so i thought "Hey, why not make one for clerics yourself?".

DISCLAIMER: I am only a T1 raider myself, so what I write can by no means be regarded as an expert's opinion. Somehow i still feel the need to share the thoughts of my nooby brain with the world. If you find that anything in this post is questionable, outdated, stupid or just plainly wrong, please report it to me, and I'll change it ASAP.

Links to guides will not be included ATM, because i don't know if I'm allowed to do that. Any forum veteran, please tell me If i am!

Now to the actual post:

DPS Specs

61 Shaman
    Soultree: 61 Shaman/10 Druid/5 Inquisitor
    Melee DPS Spec that has the highest Single-target DPS of all Cleric Specs, in
    addition to very good AoE DPS. Depends completely on melee and should only be
    used in melee-friendly fights.
    Quite difficult when used to its full extent. Can be greatly simplified by using macros,
    at the cost of a relatively small amount of DPS.
    This is considered a must-have spec for Cleric DPS players.

61 Inquisitor (Standard Version)
    Soultree: 61 Inquisitor/10 Cabalist/5 Defiler
    Primary ranged DPS spec for Clerics. Significantly lower DPS than Shaman.
    Very versatile spec that can be used in pretty much any fight. Has acceptable AoE,
    but for longer trash phases or AoE-heavy boss fights, a Shaman or Cabalist should be used.
    Has good utility (purge, interrupt) and CC (fear, confuse, knockback). Relies heavily on keeping up 3 Stacks of Dark Water in addition to other DoTs and is thus considered hard by some players.
    A 61 Inquisitor spec is a must-have for any Cleric.

61 Inquisitor (Simplified Version)
    Soultree: 61 Inquisitor/15 Defiler/0 Justicar
    A different version of the 61 Inquisitor spec that does not use Dark Water. The DPS is a fair bit lower than that of the standard version. However, this build is (arguably) a lot easier to play and also safer in situations that require a lot of target-switching. The use of Justicar as a tertiary soul also results in a considerable amount of self-healing, making this build viable for soloing content.
    In most raids, this can replace the 61 Inquisitor/10 Cabalist at the cost of some DPS potential.

61 Cabalist
    Soultree: 61 Cabalist/11 Inquisitor/4 Defiler
    Ranged pure AoE Spec with poor ST DPS. Cabalist can be used in any situation where the simultaneous nuking of 2 or more targets is required. It also shines at clearing trash, if your raid gives you the time to switch spec before and after each boss. Cabalist has the highest AoE DPS of all cleric specs. (Although some parses suggest that on smaller groups, Shaman works better) Using Cabalist on single targets should be avoided at all cost.
    Cabalist is mostly considered an optional spec, since a 61 Shaman can also deal good AoE damage.

61 Druid
    Soultree: 61 Druid/10 Shaman/5 Inquisitor
    Melee pet spec primarily used for soling. ST DPS is acceptable but inferior to both Shaman and Inquisitor. AoE DPS is superior to Inquisitor, but inferior to Cabalist and Shaman. The spec completely relies on pets and is thus only viable in fights where a pet can stay alive. This spec is considered suboptimal for raiding, but is arguably the easiest of all cleric DPS specs. It is good in 5-man activities, because the pets can help the healer or tank out. There have been attempts at using the tanking pet to replace an offtank on some T1 raid encounters (e.g. cyril), but it is not considered a valid strategy. Advantages the druid has over the other two primary DPS specs are its 2 interrupts and the ability to replace a healer or tank for a very short amount of time.
    Druid is generally considered an optional spec. It is not avised for raiding beyond maybe T1 10mans. It really shines at solo activities.

Healing Specs

Will be added soon

Tanking Specs

Will be added soon

Support/Utility Specs

Will be added soon

Situational Specs, Soloing Specs, PvP Specs, Funspecs

May be added at some point.

Summary:
    DPS:
    Shaman for Melee,
    Inquisitor for Ranged,
    Cabalist for AoE,
    Druid for Utility

Healing:
    Purifier for Pure Tank Healing,
    Sentinel, Sentifier or other hybrids for SLEs or Solo Healing T1 10-Mans,
    Warden for Raid Healing,

Support:
    Oracle for main support / bard replacement,
    Defiler for Suppheal / Heal-Dps-Hybrid

Tanking:
    Justicar all the way!

Feedback is always welcome! If you want to add a spec, please post it in the same format as i did and provide a link to the soul tree!
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    61 Inquisitor (Simplified Version)
    Soultree: 61 Inquisitor/15 Defiler/0 Justicar
    A different version of the 61 Inquisitor spec that does not use Dark Water. The DPS is a fair bit lower than that of the standard version. However, this build is (arguably) a lot easier to play and also safer in situations that require a lot of target-switching. The use of Justicar as a tertiary soul also results in a considerable amount of self-healing, making this build viable for soloing content.
    In most raids, this can replace the 61 Inquisitor/10 Cabalist at the cost of some DPS potential.
    If you are looking for a simplified version of inquisitor, 61 Inquisitor/10Shaman/5Defiler should be superior to the old 15Defiler Build. Perk of Form(while good on dummies) will never have 100% uptime and will not outweigh 10% SP. Singled Out is also more value per point than Obsessive.

You can make the choice between Vicious Streak(3% crit) or Obsessive(3% dmg), but any variation of 61 Inq with Shammy/Defiler will be better as a simplified version. I believe 61inq/10cab/5def is still the top dps spec.
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 08-22-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    If you are looking for a simplified version of inquisitor, 61 Inquisitor/10Shaman/5Defiler should be superior to the old 15Defiler Build. Perk of Form(while good on dummies) will never have 100% uptime and will not outweigh 10% SP. Singled Out is also more value per point than Obsessive.
    OK, I'll be sure to add that one to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    I believe 61inq/10cab/5def is still the top dps spec.
    I never questioned that

Plane Touched

For some reason i can't edit the original post anymore
    Should have asked if that is possible before relying on it...

Have to have special Privileges to edit posts after 1 min.

Also would be MUCH more helpful if you Linked the appropriate Guide instead of Just the Soul Tree

Seatin's Lazy Druid: Top Solo Guide (Silenus)

Plane Touched

THREAD ABANDONED
    since i can't edit it anymore. Someone with "special privileges" can take over if wanted.

I think all ya have to do is PM a Mod and ask for Guide writer status, not 100% sure tho, your format is good and very readable with a few touch ups it would be a very handy tool even Sticky worthy. we need Stickys! only Guide section on this entire forum with no stickies.

PM Morganna about it and you can probably get edit privs. That's how I did it. Otherwise, if you don't mind, I can make the post. Was going to do something like this at some point anyway.
    Fancy sigs are still dumb.

Plane Touched

Since I'm very new to the forums there's probably not a big chance that i'll get the privs now... If you want to take over, do it, if not, I'm gonna wait a while till i have more posts and stuff and then pm a CM to ask for the edit privs.

Champion of Telara

I'll put in my 2 cents for the ranged PvP specs:

61 Inq| 8 Ora | 7 Sham - Spell Power build for high burst.

41 Ora | 31 Dru | 4 Inq - Maximum ranged burst build.

41 Ora | 33 Just | 2 War - Tanky support build (Good for control points, rune carrying etc)

Lots of varieties of 61 Oracle and 61 Cabalist too. In general choose Endurance off spec (Justicar) at low PvP equipment progression and damage off spec (Defiler, Shaman, Inq, Oracle) once you hit Myrmidon gear.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I'll put in my 2 cents for the ranged PvP specs:

41 Ora | 31 Dru | 4 Inq - Maximum ranged burst build.
    I always thought 31 Shaman had better burst due to Rage of the North... but I'm a noob at PvP so might be wrong

Instead of making the whole thread from scratch you can link builds already posted by other people and provide the description of the build yourself. Would be a good thread to have as sticky then

Plane Touched

Default Thread Abandoned

Since there is now another thread like this that the author can actually edit, this is going to be closed. Here's the "official" cleric spec list: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ompendium.html

(Although I kinda wish he would have done a little more than just the 61 PvE specs and one line of text for each one)

+ Reply to Thread