+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Solo Spec: Cabaltank

Champion of Telara

Default PvP Solo Spec: Cabaltank

A few weeks ago I brought up this topic of what is a great and fun solo spec. My requirements were mostly to have survivability, utility, and enough damage. This is the spec I settled on:

58 Cab/16 Just/2 Def

This is a single target spec, although if you want to AoE you still can because you are really only missing Unleash Oblivion and some AoE size.

But for soloing almost anything, running objectives, holding control points and griefing rogues I have not found anything better.

Damage
    Your single target rotation is simple and also includes your burst:

Well of Souls - Curse of Discord - Marrow Harvest - Tyranny of Death - Bolt of Radiance - Disintegration.

If you time it right everything should hit almost all at once. Between bursts use Shadow's Touch and Dark Water (if you are moving) to gain stacks of Darkness while keeping up damage. Between Eccentric and Sign of Asias you will cause tremendous DoT pressure.

Survivability
    If you are Endurance stacked like most PvPers tend to be, you should be at around 40,000 Hit Points on this build. In addition to Salvation and Doctrine of Bliss, you have access to Cabalist's two nice heals in Shadow Breach and Ravaging Darkness, as well as 2 spell reflects. You can also use Even Justice in a crowd to build up health.

Control
    The spec has elite control that is, in my opinion, just as good as Dom. This is because Domnion, when used after a Sigil of Catastrophe, gives you access to 6 successive Purges or Debilitates. If you have nameplates on so that you can keep an eye on the target's immunity, you should be able to lock most targets down for a significant portion of an encounter while stripping important buffs such as Pyro Armor or Sin poisons. Dark Passage provides additional CC breaks for you, making it difficult for most specs to win the control battle.

So for instance, against a Sin, you could open with Sigil of Catastrophe, then Sigil of Woe, and follow that up with Dominion, which will allow you to cast 4 more of Sigil of Woe/Sigil of Secrecy over the next minute. This should be more than enough to strip away poison buffs and still have several control abilities available.

And you'll need that because this is not a super fast killing spec. However your DoTs are powerful enough that every second you are in the fight, the odds start to increase in your favor. You'll dish out at least 15% less ST damage than Inquisitor and even less than Shaman, but you'll bring darn good damage along with more utility than just about any other spec in the game.

If you like crowd control and general all purpose builds, this is a fun spec. And you can always opt to do some AoE if ncessary. Don't use this spec for true AoE though, that requires full Cabalist and you'll want to take advantage of better sub souls than Just to maximize the damage.

Rift Disciple

Were you running this spec or Inquisitor in Codex this morning?
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    Were you running this spec or Inquisitor in Codex this morning?
    I think I was only in one Codex this morning but I got in like 1/2 through it. I would have been playing it then, though.

+ Reply to Thread