+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Defiler Raiding Currently

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    450

    Default Defiler Raiding Currently

    I've looked through some older raiding defiler guides and am curious on a few things.

    Is the following still generally considered to be the best AE Defiler spec, due to TS Mechanics with PT?

    61Def/11War/4Inq
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmEsrV0V0zvltqgkfRfuquRvm

    And is this still considered to be the best ST Defiler spec due to DW?

    61Def/10Cab/5Inq
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmsorltqgkfRfuquRvxxvV

    Played defiler first time on a raid last night and after reading some things I was horrible Looking to figure out how to approach it next time so I'm a bit better.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    I've looked through some older raiding defiler guides and am curious on a few things.

    Is the following still generally considered to be the best AE Defiler spec, due to TS Mechanics with PT?

    61Def/11War/4Inq
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmEsrV0V0zvltqgkfRfuquRvm

    And is this still considered to be the best ST Defiler spec due to DW?

    61Def/10Cab/5Inq
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmsorltqgkfRfuquRvxxvV

    Played defiler first time on a raid last night and after reading some things I was horrible Looking to figure out how to approach it next time so I'm a bit better.
    The main thing that was a gamechanger for me as a defiler was using Karuulalerts more effectively (my setup was terrible) and the defilerFG addon (keeps track of your foul growths so you dont waste mana and can manage your links and stacks infinitely easier).

    What was your DPS on the fight, and what tier? You may have been doing better than you thought. Or maybe not. Also defiler depends heavily on if your melee targets can stay in melee more effectively, etc, or your dps drops considerably.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    626

    Default

    As Sheridyn added to his guide, the tidal surge spec is really not worth keeping. And even with the changes to Shamman's dauntless courage to spell power, the 10 cab 5 inq pulls ahead for dps. If you're new to defiler, you may want to consider dropping 2 points from planar study in favor of pursuit of truth for the pushback reduction during pain transmission & somatic desecration.

    I agree that Defiler FG is indispensable. Play around with your K-alerts to see what you most prefer, personally I rely heavily on alerts to monitor my husk, bond of pain, and darkness stacks. I recommend managing pain transmission on a separate key, the last thing you want to do is cast your only big dps spell when standing on a spoke during Thrax.

    As a defiler you'll never top the dps or hps charts in your raid, so gauge your improvement on your own performance. And most importantly - have fun!
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    What was your DPS on the fight, and what tier?
    I was not planning to defile in a raid, so i was trying to heal and not dps. But I know better now.

    I'm getting much better with kalert. Will have to tweak this some.

  5. #5
    Champion Sheridyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Cab/Inq is your best DPS spec, though I'd probably recommend 8 Cab / 7 Inq so you get Pursuit of Truth.

    If you can afford a second spec, 8 Inq/7 Shaman or 9 Inq/6 Sent are solid alternatives that don't use Dark Water (for encounters where it's not practical).

    Using a Warden subspec for Tidal Surge was basically a gimmick that worked well on Twins in Frozen Tempest. You need a melee-friendly encounter with multiple targets (within AoE range) for it to be relevant, and there aren't many of those around. I left it in my guide just in case it turned out to be useful again in the future (it didn't).
    Spence <Legit>

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    The problem with Dark Water in a spec which occasionally heals: you occasionally heal, and need that GCD to top a tank off or spam feedback to help in some ungodly raid damage. So you can't really min-max Dark Water here and expect it to always stay up like in 61 Inquisitor.

    A more extreme example would be trying to maintain Dark Water stacks in 61 Warden. For obvious reasons that is a bad idea, just like "maintaining" 4x SS stacks on yourself is a bad idea in a healing spec.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    The problem with Dark Water in a spec which occasionally heals: you occasionally heal, and need that GCD to top a tank off or spam feedback to help in some ungodly raid damage. So you can't really min-max Dark Water here and expect it to always stay up like in 61 Inquisitor.

    A more extreme example would be trying to maintain Dark Water stacks in 61 Warden. For obvious reasons that is a bad idea, just like "maintaining" 4x SS stacks on yourself is a bad idea in a healing spec.
    Ahov, do you still use the Defiler/Warden spec with Tidal surge? Or did they change TS so that Nexus fully uses the buff now? Not had a chance to test this yet.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 08-22-2014 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts