+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion for Inquisitor

Plane Touched

Default Suggestion for Inquisitor

After playing Inquisitor for a few hours yesterday and comparing that experience to playing Tempest, I had a very basic idea for improving the soul. This may have been suggested before, but it's probably buried in another thread. Here's the change I'd suggest:

Fanaticism - 30 second cool down
    Radical Coalescence - 1 minute cool down

I don't think you'd need any other damage buffs, just lining up cool downs similar to other classes and it would go a long way to bringing things up to a level on par with everyone else.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by neverwhere2012 View Post
    After playing Inquisitor for a few hours yesterday and comparing that experience to playing Tempest, I had a very basic idea for improving the soul. This may have been suggested before, but it's probably buried in another thread. Here's the change I'd suggest:

Fanaticism - 30 second cool down
    Radical Coalescence - 1 minute cool down

I don't think you'd need any other damage buffs, just lining up cool downs similar to other classes and it would go a long way to bringing things up to a level on par with everyone else.
    These would be great, but you'd have to take JP out of Radical Coalescence. Also make Nysyr's channel while moving, make the Confuse a 5s Debilitate and take it off of the GCD.

I like having Fanaticism available for other abilities, such as Soul Purge, instead of saving it exclusively for a Nysyr's cooldown.

Plane Touched

RC needs to not reset the cooldowns too, as it moves Nysyr's off raid cooldowns by 5-10 seconds every time its used.

One of Bolt of Judgement and Bolt of Retribution should be Instant by default. This would give the basic Inq rotation much earlier at no cost at all to the overall soul, while allowing potential hybridization if other souls allow it.

Soul Drain should be affected by Unified Theory/Life and Death concord like Bolt of Depravity.

The damage should be adjusted in the two bolts so that the cast time bolt is better than the instant the majority of the time and Echoing Concord buffs the instant attack. Along with making Nyry's a cast on the move this would give the inquisitor a mobile burst similar to other souls and make the sustained damage cast time based.

Aggressive Renewal should be buffed or changed or something. The spell is pointless and a dps loss except at certain specific times in the rotation that might not even happen depending on disconnects and ability lag.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Could we like make the double BoD bug a consistent and intended feature?

Champion of Telara

Another way to go would be to remove all healing from JP and make it a CC break instead:

Judicial Privilege - Removes all CC effects, boosts the Cleric's speed by 50% for 5s and provides immunity to movement impairing effects while active. 30s Cooldown

Harsh Disciple - Returns 50% of damage as health to Inquisitor over the full channel

Disorient - 5s. Debilitate, no GCD 30s CD

Fear - 8s breaks after taking 3% of total health in damage.

Echoing Concord - The next BoR is a 1s cast and causes active Sourge, Sanction, and Vex to apply all tics instantly.

Radical Coalescence - Increases the Cleric's damage by 20% for 15s, 1 min Cooldown. Does not reset any abilities.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Another way to go would be to remove all healing from JP and make it a CC break instead:

Judicial Privilege - Removes all CC effects, boosts the Cleric's speed by 50% for 5s and provides immunity to movement impairing effects while active. 30s Cooldown

Harsh Disciple - Returns 50% of damage as health to Inquisitor over the full channel

Disorient - 5s. Debilitate, no GCD 30s CD

Fear - 8s breaks after taking 3% of total health in damage.

Echoing Concord - The next BoR is a 1s cast and causes active Sourge, Sanction, and Vex to apply all tics instantly.

Radical Coalescence - Increases the Cleric's damage by 20% for 15s, 1 min Cooldown. Does not reset any abilities.
    That's a pretty huge nerf to JP. If you're going to remove all healing and nerf the duration by 75% I'd want to see an increase in the run speed it provides.

I like the idea of using BoD to turn the DoTs into burst, but i'm not sure why you want to change it to a 1s cast, especially when the equivalent Cab ability is instant.

Also, removing the reset from RC and adding a damage buff without reducing the CD on Nysyr's would make Inq into a 1m CD hero, and I'm pretty sure no one wants that.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

Champion of Telara

First of all this is all just theory crafting and who knows how Kervik will run with it if he ever decides to tackle Inq. But it's my favorite soul by far for both PvE and PvP so I spend a lot of time thinking about it and posting my stream of conscious ideas here.

That being said, I was thinking of making up for the healing loss of JP through the boost healing to Harsh Discipline and the fact that you could trigger a 12% heal from every Unified Theory Cooldown. Maybe that's not enough, but the number one complaint I hear from other players about boosting Inq damage is that JP is too powerful. So I was trying to think of way to keep it as a survivability tool while boosting overall Inq utility and burst. Maybe that's not the right approach though.

I didn't think it through all that much but I was considering something like the decision to use RC to get a bigger healing boost or to do more damage. Also it would be the BoR that would trigger the DoT explosion, not the BoD so your burst could be Fanat - Radical Coalescence - Scourge - Vex - BoD - Nysyr's - BoR (Boom Vex/Scourge and a 12% self heal) - Vex/Scourge - BoD - BoR (2nd boom).

While I agree that double JP is very powerful, healing component of it shouldn't be removed entirely, and definitely shouldn't be replaced with movspeed increase or CC break because:
    -Inq doesn't need more CC breaks, it already has Perseverance + BF + can easily spec Dark Passage.
    -Movspeed increase is pointless with melee having so many gap closers/pulls/passive or spammable snares (all snares reduce your boosted by 50% movspeed back to normal so it doesn't provide any additional survivability).

Tying heal component to channels or procs is not a good idea too because it is too easily negated or will both get reduced to miserable levels from valor (4% of max HP/7 sec is not enough) and make it less controlled by the player (you heal not when you want/need, but when you finally get Echoing Concord stacks).

The simplest and most effective solution you, I, and many others have already offered, is to remove CD reset from RC, reduce its CD to 1 min, and make it a damaging cooldown (20-25% damage increase/instant BoRs for duration/whatever).

Edit: And Nysyr's Rebuke needs some love, compared to Flame Volley it is both stationary, does less damage and I suspect still has PVP nerfs on it.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 08-21-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Rift Disciple

First of all this is all just theory crafting and who knows how Kervik will run with it if he ever decides to tackle Inq. But it's my favorite soul by far for both PvE and PvP so I spend a lot of time thinking about it and posting my stream of conscious ideas here.

That being said, I was thinking of making up for the healing loss of JP through the boost healing to Harsh Discipline and the fact that you could trigger a 12% heal from every Unified Theory Cooldown. Maybe that's not enough, but the number one complaint I hear from other players about boosting Inq damage is that JP is too powerful. So I was trying to think of way to keep it as a survivability tool while boosting overall Inq utility and burst. Maybe that's not the right approach though.

I didn't think it through all that much but I was considering something like the decision to use RC to get a bigger healing boost or to do more damage. Also it would be the BoR that would trigger the DoT explosion, not the BoD so your burst could be Fanat - Radical Coalescence - Scourge - Vex - BoD - Nysyr's - BoR (Boom Vex/Scourge and a 12% self heal) - Vex/Scourge - BoD - BoR (2nd boom).
    First of all, using RC wouldn't get you a bigger healing boost because contempt is tied to your maximum health, not the damage of your DoTs. Second, it would never be a full 12% heal because you can't apply all the dots at the same time and then immediately hit BoD to trigger 100% of their damage at once. At best you could get the healing from 8 ticks of Scourge and 7 ticks of Vex (9%), and that's if you had just reapplied all your DoTs in the exact order Sanction->Vex->Scourge, which is unlikely in a live PvP scenario.

I agree with what Volsalex said above. JP isn't OP, the fact that you can cast it twice in rapid succession is. But even if you *had* to get rid of the healing component, 5 seconds of +50% movement speed is nothing, considering you can be CC'd for much longer than that.

I think in general people are so desperate for a buff that we're overthinking things. Inquisitor as a class is pretty complete; the only problem is our damage is subpar compared to our counterparts in other callings. There's no need to go changing a bunch of things which might **** up the PvP rotation, just make four simple changes:

1.) Nysyr's Rebuke can now be channeled while moving.

2.) Radical Coalescence no longer resets cooldowns of Inquisitor abilities. It now increases the Cleric's damage by 20% for 15 seconds. 1m CD

3.) Fanaticism now has a 30s cooldown.

4.) Armor of Awakening now increases damage by 15% and Critical Hit Chance by 5%.

That's it. The class is fixed, both for PvE and PvP, and the devs can move on to not fixing Druid.

Retired:

Champion of Telara

I would put our subpar control/control reduction just below our lack of burst as the biggest problem for PvP.

As far as JP, does anyone else have even a single heal that powerful on a non heal class?

Rift Disciple

I would put our subpar control/control reduction just below our lack of burst as the biggest problem for PvP.

As far as JP, does anyone else have even a single heal that powerful on a non heal class?
    Twilight Transcendence is a 50% heal AND a 50% reduction on incoming damage over 4s AND a full cleanse. Sure it reduces the Nightblade's damage output by 40% for those 4s, but that's a small price to pay, imo.

Retired:

Rift Disciple

Honestly with JP being able to be purged/quickly removed i think its fine how it is

Plane Touched

I hate the idea of adding 5% damage to Armor of Awakening. Its not elegant, and Inquisitor armor buffs should be streamlined as it is.

Issues with Inquisitor tree that are ripe for streamlining:

3 Armor buffs, 2 of which are useless in Inquisitor > 36 points and are not even on the Inquisitor synergy crystal.

2 Bolts that are entirely identical in almost every way between 41 points and 58 points. This is bad in a game where that could be 2 months of playtime leveling, especially since changing this could give the majority of Inquisitor gameplay at a much earlier level. I may have stated this earlier.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    Twilight Transcendence is a 50% heal AND a 50% reduction on incoming damage over 4s AND a full cleanse. Sure it reduces the Nightblade's damage output by 40% for those 4s, but that's a small price to pay, imo.
    TT isn't subject to the PvP healing reduction?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    I hate the idea of adding 5% damage to Armor of Awakening. Its not elegant, and Inquisitor armor buffs should be streamlined as it is.

Issues with Inquisitor tree that are ripe for streamlining:

3 Armor buffs, 2 of which are useless in Inquisitor > 36 points and are not even on the Inquisitor synergy crystal.

2 Bolts that are entirely identical in almost every way between 41 points and 58 points. This is bad in a game where that could be 2 months of playtime leveling, especially since changing this could give the majority of Inquisitor gameplay at a much earlier level. I may have stated this earlier.
    Almost every DPS class has multiple buffs that overwrite each other and become useless as you level up. Inquisitor has a well established DPS rotation that, for the most part, works very well. I don't see a reason to fix what isn't broken, and adding 5% to Armor of Awakening would bring Inq DPS in line with other ranged specs without reinventing the wheel.

Retired:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast