+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion for Inquisitor

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    If that were the case I'd rather see it pushed back to 2 minutes, still give a damage bonus (10-20%) and UT/Fanat while making channels mobile, then get rid of the resets altogether. But I don't know if that screws up your PvE rotations again so that could be off base.
    RC is a 2 minute CD on the PTS. I may have accidentally said All Inquisitor abilities when I meant all damage abilities.

The only difference I meant to have was having the channels mobile and removing the damage buff. That removes half of the huge amount of immobility and inflexibility in the burst while still having the same working rotation.

Plane Touched

I am a little concerned about the mobility of inquisitor during the CD block. Having AI x2 and Nysyrs x2 only broken up by 2 BoDs is 10s where you just can't move at all. Would it not be appropriate to leave inquis parsing a little higher, knowing that interrupting the CD block is a MASSIVE dps loss?

Ie, greater risk equals greater rewards

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    I am a little concerned about the mobility of inquisitor during the CD block. Having AI x2 and Nysyrs x2 only broken up by 2 BoDs is 10s where you just can't move at all. Would it not be appropriate to leave inquis parsing a little higher, knowing that interrupting the CD block is a MASSIVE dps loss?

Ie, greater risk equals greater rewards
    That argument didn't work for pyro (somewhat for good reason), and it won't work for Inquisitor. People will look at the dummy parse and complain. I'd rather get a little bit more mobility and maybe some cleaving in exchange for the heavy DPS drops while moving.

It would also be nice to have some better way to make up the damage loss on BoR, but the EC stacks not being consumed by BoJ is what we were provided. I was hoping for a frequent moving channel to do that, but I don't see that happening at this point.

Two things I noticed since monday patch:
    -Harsh Discipline can be channeled while moving without Swift Judgment.
    -Any channeled ability reduce the cooldown of Harsh Discipline and Aggressive Inquisition by 3s.
    These are intentional? or bugs?
    -= -Rock: "Scissors are fine but paper needs a nerf" =-

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hispalis View Post
    Two things I noticed since monday patch:
    -Harsh Discipline can be channeled while moving without Swift Judgment.
    -Any channeled ability reduce the cooldown of Harsh Discipline and Aggressive Inquisition by 3s.
    These are intentional? or bugs?
    Look at your skill tree - Approbation - Increases your chance to Critically Hit with damage over time abilities by 10%. Your damage single target channels reduce the cooldown of other single target damage channels by 3s.

Shadowlander

Harsh discipline does not affect pursuit of truth talent (pushback part) . Bug? If not can we have clear er tooltip.
    Last edited by Selebrity; 10-15-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Champion of Telara

Kervik,

It seems like the change to Aggressive Inquisition went on PTS to make the ability trigger 3 instead of 4 BoDs. Hopefully this gets the damage where you want it.

A couple of questions:

1. What is the reasoning for making it start triggering at .5 seconds instead of immediately? If it was balancing instead of structural, could we go ahead and remove that now that the ability does less damage and just have it channel 3 BoDs at 0, .5, and 1?

2. Any willingness to make either this or the HD channel mobile? This is not a huge thing but with the new changes we are definitely standing still the majority of the time.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

2. Any willingness to make either this or the HD channel mobile? This is not a huge thing but with the new changes we are definitely standing still the majority of the time.
    AI is very powerful so its either stationary but with good burst potential or mobile with less damage like strafe for example since volley is in its own exception league.
    and why have it mobile when it is only 1.5 seconds and behaves almost just like fusillade while the other mobile channeled abilities in the game have a 3 seconds duration.

just spam some boj since it no longer consumes stacks of EC or start using soul stream since that is your 3 seconds channel time ability that is mobile. ah right, and HD is bugged and is mobile even though you haven't used the swift judgement mastery so that's something.
    Last edited by goia402; 10-15-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Default answer to #!

Kervik,

1. What is the reasoning for making it start triggering at .5 seconds instead of immediately? If it was balancing instead of structural, could we go ahead and remove that now that the ability does less damage and just have it channel 3 BoDs at 0, .5, and 1?

Thanks!
    So that people are forced to complete the entire channel instead of immediately after the last bod is cast (assuming theres .5 seconds left in the channel you could just cast next ability and not worry about losing the last bod cast)

Champion of Telara

I don't have a level 65 on PTS so I can't speak to the new abilities, but at level 60 it's all very nice. Bonus, AI looks really cool too.

Soulwalker

Ok after two days of testing these new abilities, looking at our stats, and different builds clerics are still dead. I've been playing a cleric for over two years and ever since senticar was killed was the day they killed clerics. That said here is what ive come up with; Inquisitor/dw/defiler holds about 48k, Inquisitor/Shaman/defiler about 53k; now add in the 5% you get from defiler and is only a 2k boost and shaman/druid/Inquisitor is holding only 54k, which means the dps is still crap. Why I say this is after testing the other classes and not min/maxing anything I can hold about 60k on a fubar rotation an build, the crit hit is higher than the clerics but the required amount of spell power/attack power required to hit that is almost 2k to 6k lower than what my cleric has. So my suggestion over all get rid of the stupid chance to critically hit and make it a hard critical hit the other classes have such a high base critical hit in comparison to clerics makes a huge difference plus find a way to have our spell power affect more of spells like the other classes. You look at rogue and warriors they get ap and weapon affecting together to increase there damage mages have high critical hit and there burst dps to proc a lot with high chance to critically hit and they all can do it on the move except the cleric who has 10 sec of 7 channels where only 3 of them can be done on the move and if you clip any of it your dps is gone. So all in all increase critical hit, allow more heavy hitting spells for on the move, and find some way to increase spell power into our abilities.
    Last edited by Gotthis; 10-15-2014 at 01:43 PM.

@Gotthis: Don't judge the spec solely on SP vs AP, rogues and warriors have a lot less AP because they get weapon damage to supplement. Also I hear there are problems at the moment with the synergy crystals, making rogues and warriors benefit more than intended etc (broken Riftblade atm for example).
    I hope everyone's dps will be fixed by 3.0 launch, and that's all I can do
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #628
    Rift Team

Heads up for you guys on some additional changes heading out to PTS. I've put Aggressive Inquisition back at a 2s channel. I'm also changing Symbol of Corruption to deal 10/20/30% of BoD damage instead of 15/30/45%. I'll continue to keep an eye on things and see how things are after this change hits PTS.

I've also fixed the bug with Harsh Discipline being a moving channel without taking Swift Judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Heads up for you guys on some additional changes heading out to PTS. I've put Aggressive Inquisition back at a 2s channel. I'm also changing Symbol of Corruption to deal 10/20/30% of BoD damage instead of 15/30/45%. I'll continue to keep an eye on things and see how things are after this change hits PTS.

I've also fixed the bug with Harsh Discipline being a moving channel without taking Swift Judgment.
    Can you check the pushback on Agressive Inquisition and Harsh Discipline ? I think I was getting pushebacked on AI while stress testing the nightmare rifts earlier, which is really lame, but it could have been just a feeling due to some lag.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthis View Post
    Ok after two days of testing these new abilities, looking at our stats, and different builds clerics are still dead. Why I say this is after testing the other classes and not min/maxing anything I can hold about 60k on a fubar rotation an build, the crit hit is higher than the clerics but the required amount of spell power/attack power required to hit that is almost 2k to 6k lower than what my cleric has.
    so you really didnt test anything properly and just started having wet pants because of a bug and was unable to actually use the warmaster/eldritch crystal to get some normal numbers between the classes.

no idea what deluded dream you have there with the crit chance since inq and shaman are above 40% crit rate all the time compared to 26-33% crit rate when it comes to the rogue. either test the specs properly or dont say a thing since inq right now is roughly around 72k while the melee specs are also at 71k after the latest update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast