+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion for Inquisitor

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #556
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Have a few more potential Inquisitor updates to run by you. These are all based off of the current state of Inquisitor on PTS. Any of the previous changes not mentioned here would still happen.
    • Unified Theory no longer reduces the cooldown of Nysyr's Rebuke when consumed.
    • Life and Death Concord now also procs from damaging Ethereal abilities.
    • Soul Stream triggers a stack of Life and Death Concord on each tick.
    • Single target channeled abilities now reduce the cooldown of Nysyr's Rebuke by 3s on cast.
    • Symbol of Corruption now deals its full damage instantly if you already have Symbol of Corruption on the enemy.
    • Remove Aggressive Renewal.
    • New ability: Aggressive Inquisition - 2s channel. Casts Bolt of Depravity every 0.5s. Does not occur on initial cast. 1 min cooldown. This is a 44 point root ability.
    • Mental Resilience now also causes single target channeled abilities to apply a buff to the caster for 30s, increasing damage by 3/6/10%.

Plane Touched

Kervik posted while I was editing =x
    Last edited by Emtbob; 10-09-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Have a few more potential Inquisitor updates to run by you. These are all based off of the current state of Inquisitor on PTS. Any of the previous changes not mentioned here would still happen.
    • Unified Theory no longer reduces the cooldown of Nysyr's Rebuke when consumed.
    • Single target channeled abilities now reduce the cooldown of Nysyr's Rebuke by 3s on cast.
    • Symbol of Corruption now deals its full damage instantly if you already have Symbol of Corruption on the enemy.
    • New ability: Aggressive Inquisition - 2s channel. Casts Bolt of Depravity every 0.5s. Does not occur on initial cast. 1 min cooldown. This is a 44 point root ability.
    • Mental Resilience now also causes single target channeled abilities to apply a buff to the caster for 30s, increasing damage by 3/6/10%.
    Well that should work for the most part. Puts HD in the rotation at 30s/1:30s, but you still have the problem with reset throwing everything off unless that 3s applies to all (inquisitor) channels.

I think you should swap Aggressive Inquisition with Spiritual Scruitiny, giving the base Inquisitor mechanics at level 44 and moving all the burst to much higher point investments.

I liked the Aggressive Prosecution suggestion for a name better :P

Rift Disciple

New ability: Aggressive Inquisition - 2s channel. Casts Bolt of Depravity every 0.5s. Does not occur on initial cast. 1 min cooldown. This is a 44 point root ability.
    Does this channel allow movement (wondering, since AR did / does), or could it maybe gain it like HD does in Swift Judgment?

Champion of Telara

Hey all,

Wow, can't wait to try these out!

Unless I'm mistaken Aggressive, HD, and Soul stream will all knock 3s off NR CD, so its got an effective CD of as little as 51s solving any problems with staying in sync, need to see the changes in action though to be sure.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken Aggressive, HD, and Soul stream will all knock 3s off NR CD, so its got an effective CD of as little as 51s solving any problems with staying in sync, need to see the changes in action though to be sure.
    If 51s probably means you still need to line it up with raid buffs, as it clears at about the time for 1m buffs.

Full suggestion:
    Add to cunning analysis:
    Your channels reduce the cooldown of other channels by 1.5/3 seconds. (circle of oblivion needs to not count for this)

Soul Stream
    Deals x damage over 3 seconds. Detonates/Spreads/Applies Tyranny of Death (optional). Affected by cunning analysis, and focused/condensed/unbounded obliteration.

Cleans up rotation, and gives a Soul Stream a custom feel for the class

I am loving these new changes, especially the L&D concord one. It's clear that soul stream will be the obvious choice for mastery in inquisitor. Dumb question: If these changes knock nysyr's cd to 51 seconds, does that mean you'll want to hold off casting it until raid cd's are up or should you cast it whenever it's up?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Drhouse593 View Post
    I am loving these new changes, especially the L&D concord one. It's clear that soul stream will be the obvious choice for mastery in inquisitor. Dumb question: If these changes knock nysyr's cd to 51 seconds, does that mean you'll want to hold off casting it until raid cd's are up or should you cast it whenever it's up?
    yes, effectively this reduction allows us to have an active CD block during the rest of the raid rather than waiting for Nysyrs before RC like on live. it does refresh slightly early but that's fine. great change that stops our burst being pushed back 6s each time. you would gain no advantage by casting it as soon as its up as RC will reset the CD anyway and you still wont get more than 2 done before the next RC block

It also makes it line with Fanaticism. Indeed, Fanaticism is not refreshed by RC, simply given again.

If we go (Fanaticism)BoD > NR > BoD > (RC)BoD > NR, then Fanaticism is already at 23 seconds remaining on CD when you're casting the 2nd NR.
    This change allows to cast Fanaticism on CD with HD or SS, and when it comes off CD again with NR.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    It also makes it line with Fanaticism. Indeed, Fanaticism is not refreshed by RC, simply given again.

If we go (Fanaticism)BoD > NR > BoD > (RC)BoD > NR, then Fanaticism is already at 23 seconds remaining on CD when you're casting the 2nd NR.
    This change allows to cast Fanaticism on CD with HD or SS, and when it comes off CD again with NR.
    or the new Aggressive Inquisition since it casts 3x BoD which now would effectively do insta SoC each. not sure of the damage difference between 3xBoD and SS but I would bet after adding SoC there will be not that much difference...

cant wait to get home after work and try these changes out (providing they have been added to PTS)
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 10-10-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Yeah obviously, forgot to mention that one. Might actually be stronger than NR.
    Changes are not on PTS as I write this post.
    Last edited by fufi; 10-10-2014 at 03:28 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Hey all,

• Life and Death now also procs from damaging Ethereal abilities.
    Awesome changes! And you took my "more, more channels for Inq" seriously!

or the new Aggressive Inquisition since it casts 3x BoD which now would effectively do insta SoC each. not sure of the damage difference between 3xBoD and SS but I would bet after adding SoC there will be not that much difference...

cant wait to get home after work and try these changes out (providing they have been added to PTS)
    I think there are 4 BoDs in AI, as initial cast is usually counted as 0 seconds (for example, Nysyr's Rebuke does its first tick of damage immediately and has 4 ticks over 3 seconds). So, AI should proc BoD at 0,5-1-1,5-2 seconds. Otherwise, people will just interrupt it at ~1.6 sec and continue their rotation.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 10-10-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Plane Touched

I think people are missing that these changes fail to line up on paper.

Assuming Fanaticism gives a force crit to every hit in AI:

Burst is (I'm not 100% sure where soul stream comes in):
    0:Soul Stream
    3:BoD
    4:Fana>AI
    6:Nysyr's
    9:BoD
    10:RC>AI
    13:Nysyr's
    16:BoD

HD is used at some point in the next minute for -3s to Nysyr's CD. I'm assuming Soul Stream decreases the CD on Nysyr's

60: Soul Stream
    63-65: Filler
    66: Fana>BoD
    67: Nysyr's
    70: AI

120:Soul Stream
    123:Fana>BoD
    124:Nysyr's
    127-129:Filler
    130:AI
    132:RC>AI
    134:Nysyr's

Because AI is a high burst on a 1m CD that is reset by RC, while not having its CD reduced, it pushes RC by its cast time every 2 minute block. You'll note that the 1 minute block almost doesn't happen, and the Fanaticism at 1:36 is skipped. It starts to get really messy after that, with a roving filler gap in the 1m burst and an ever changing 2m burst that slowly longer

Every spell used in the burst that is reset by RC must reduce all the other skills CD by its cast time. If that doesn't happen everything falls apart. Soul Stream isn't reset by RC, but making it a class ability for all channels would be really cool and doesn't change the rotation at all.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    I think there are 4 BoDs in AI, as initial cast is usually counted as 0 seconds (for example, Nysyr's Rebuke does its first tick of damage immediately and has 4 ticks over 3 seconds). So, AI should proc BoD at 0,5-1-1,5-2 seconds. Otherwise, people will just interrupt it at ~1.6 sec and continue their rotation.
    ahh yes sorry missed one BoD there. since its 4 BoD's with possible insta SoC procs id say this does put it on par with Nysyrs and a better candidate for Fanaticism after a standard BoD since the SoC portion will be determined by the individual BoD hits giving a better scaling crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob
    Assuming Fanaticism gives a force crit to every hit in AI
    I would assume that it works the same as other channels in that each tick has its own crit chance "roll". plus Kerviks description says "Aggressive Inquisition - 2s channel. Casts Bolt of Depravity every 0.5s. Does not occur on initial cast. 1 min cooldown. This is a 44 point root ability." the fact it says CASTS BoD every 0.5s indicates that they will be individual thus have separate crit calculations. I might be wrong but from that description that is what I have got.

as for the rest of your post saying it pushes back RC I can see what you mean. we have basically gained NR as a faster CD with AI taking its place keeping the CD block being the same as it is on live... albeit only 2s push back instead of the 3s we currently have.

Maybe Kervik can cause all Channelled abilities to reduce the CD of the others? this would line everything back up with the RC block like Nysyrs is now (although unsure how much work this will cause since each channel will need to be adjusted to affect the others individually).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast