+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion for Inquisitor

Button wise it wouldn't be much different then Pyro it is a 5 button spec unless you have a 51 archon then you break out Flame Bolt separately and its 6 buttons. Stormcaller, Ranger, both about 6 buttons, even cab minus the control buttons is only 7, but control is what Cab is all about imo so much fun. There is no need for any specs main rotation to be more then 6-8. I really don't see the hang up on having 10+ buttons to push, I don't mind playing Lock in fact on my mage I use Lock as my main solo/questing spec (its just not right to be melee on a mage) would use it for dungeons too but everyone expects you to be pyro now or a support spec, but man it can be a pain literally.

Also I play DW Spec on Inq so in my head was counting that as a separate key, so ya a reset or combo dot dealer may be a little over simplification.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 08-23-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    6-7 buttons is more than 4 buttons.
    Except I added buttons to be more precise. If I refer to your initial question, I'm going down to
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

All of this is theorycrafting anyway. Threads like this while amusing are kinda pointless. There'll be no response from the devs and nothing will change. He simply doesn't care.

Champion of Telara

I assume he either feels other souls were a bigger priority or he is saving Inq and Druid for 3.0 over hauls. I think his changes have been worth the wait so far, Justicar, Cabalist, and Oracle have all added good changes to the calling.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

Thanks for all the suggestions in here so far everyone. I agree that Inquisitor needs a bit of help, but there isn't a magic bullet fix for things that I've come up with or heard yet. I'd like to get some buffs/improvements in for the soul prior to 3.0, but what those are I'm not sure on yet.

One thing that I've seen suggested several times, both recently and further in the past, is making Nysyr's a moving channel. I'm pretty strongly against that change at the moment. I feel like Inquisitor does fairly well on the mobility side of things already and they don't need to pile on to that with a moving Nysyr's. However, after someone's comment about the PVP reduction on Nysyr's I went and removed the penalty from it. I'd honestly forgotten it was on there, so that change should be out with this week's hotfix.

I'll toss any changes in here as they happen, but keep the ideas coming. Any changes will likely result from ideas in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions in here so far everyone. I agree that Inquisitor needs a bit of help, but there isn't a magic bullet fix for things that I've come up with or heard yet. I'd like to get some buffs/improvements in for the soul prior to 3.0, but what those are I'm not sure on yet.

One thing that I've seen suggested several times, both recently and further in the past, is making Nysyr's a moving channel. I'm pretty strongly against that change at the moment. I feel like Inquisitor does fairly well on the mobility side of things already and they don't need to pile on to that with a moving Nysyr's. However, after someone's comment about the PVP reduction on Nysyr's I went and removed the penalty from it. I'd honestly forgotten it was on there, so that change should be out with this week's hotfix.

I'll toss any changes in here as they happen, but keep the ideas coming. Any changes will likely result from ideas in this thread.
    Thank you Kervik, this PVP penalty was irritating. As far as I remember it was 25%, so this change alone is a good boost.

I reconsidered old suggestions and split them into 2 categories - QoL changes and damage buffs (with survivability nerf included for PVP purposes).
    QoL suggestions:
    Trepidation: Fear effect is no longer broken from Shroud of Agony ticks.
    Reason: This alone is the reason why most Inqs remove SoA from their panel in PVP, DoT component from SoA isn't worth losing strong (in right situation) AoE CC.
    Bewilder: duration increased to 4(5) seconds. Cooldown increased to 45 seconds (for 5 sec variant).
    Reason: While this CC doesn't get any penalties from PVP PA, it triggers 1.5 sec GCD and has ony 3 sec duration. Most people know this and don't even bother wasting their CC breaks on it except when they are hit with Nysyr's Rebuke or strongly focused.
    Harsh Dicsipline: Make it a complete analogue of Agressive Renewal - instant cast, 45 sec CD, does same amount of Life damage as AR and restores 15% of health instead of mana.
    Reason: After Inq gets Spiritual Scrunity, this ability is hardly worth using - damage is very low and healing is rarely worth it especially in PVP. It also is somehow bugged and doesn't benefit from Inq's pushback reduction.

Damage buff suggestions:
    Radical Coalesence: No longer resets CD of all Inquisitor abilities. Cooldown reduced to 1 minute. Damage buff increased to 25%. Still grants Unified Theory.
    Consequences: ~4-5% total damage buff to Inq, finally gets some non-interruptable burst CD, gets nerf to survivability (no more double JP) and RC will be goot to time with raid cooldowns.
    Spiritual Deficiency: Now an 1hr self-buff, damage bonus reduced to 5%
    Reason: Is hardly if ever used as it is not worth it with 1.5 sec GCD in most cases. You might also remove if totally if you will needs less abilities in the tree and make Armor of Awakening a 15% damage buff from 10 instead.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 08-25-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for taking a moment to respond to our concernd and thanks for taking a look at Nysyr's. Another idea I'd like to throw out there would be a buff to the amount of crit chance per stack granted by Zealotry. I'm not asking for Rage of the North 2.0 or anything, but maybe 15-20% per stack instead of 10% per would get Inquisitor DPS closer to where it needs to be.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

In all honesty, I think that the mechanics of Inquisitor are just fine. It's the damage, particularly the scaling value of the DoTs, that has fallen behind other Souls.

Perhaps instead of a big convoluted Soul Tree rework you could just buff the damage like was done to Ranger?

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    In all honesty, I think that the mechanics of Inquisitor are just fine. It's the damage, particularly the scaling value of the DoTs, that has fallen behind other Souls.

Perhaps instead of a big convoluted Soul Tree rework you could just buff the damage like was done to Ranger?
    Ehh I think RC could use a rework. It ruins timings on your next nysyr and it's also a 2 min cd, which kinda makes it have sort of the issue harb has.

Plane Touched

1. Lower the intervals on the dots. This has been done previously.

2. Remove the bolt of judgment nerf in spiritual scrutiny (currently 20%)

3. Drop the L&D concord stacks required to instant BoD. (from 5 down to 3 if you are feeling generous)

Not saying do all of the above but a combination of them would be quick and easy.

Plane Touched

Also

What was the actual nysrs reduction in pvp? Doesn't seem to be a major difference and it wasn't listed in the patch notes, "Nysrs damaged reduced in pvp" was all it said.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    Also

What was the actual nysrs reduction in pvp? Doesn't seem to be a major difference and it wasn't listed in the patch notes, "Nysrs damaged reduced in pvp" was all it said.
    I think it was 15%, but I'm not certain. With the reduction removed I don't have an easy way of double checking it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Regardless of the total button count, inquisitor is one of the simpler specs in the game. Removing what management does exist in the soul tree is just wrong.
    I don't see why that should have anything to do with anything. The game shouldn't be a contest to see who can get the most rocking case of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Rift Master

I'm of mixed opinion on complexity = more dps mindset that I keep seeing on the forums. Pros of a simple spec with competitive dps include the game being more casual friendly, ease of making whatever dps checks exist without being decked out in the best possible gear for your level of progression, and the fact that Trion does not seem to equate a more complex rotation/priority system with better dps.

Cons include the spec becoming boring for more hardcore players, casuals thinking they are better than they are and not bothering to learn other more complex specs as a result, pvp becoming more of a joke than currently, and one other than I'm unsure whether fits better as a pro or a con. Having a more simple spec to play makes it easier to concentrate on mechanics, which should result in fewer avoidable wipes. But it may also be effectively a nerf on content.

I think every calling should have at least one easy spec so players new to mmos in general can get a feel for how it all works. (I'm pretty sure this is already the case, I didn't struggle to level the 3 I have at 60, and I doubt warrior will be hard either). I think every calling should have some complex specs with better performance. But making things more complex, simply for the sake of doing so, I don't see the benefit.

Plane Touched

I think it was 15%, but I'm not certain. With the reduction removed I don't have an easy way of double checking it.
    I'll test on PTS in an hour or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast