+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion for Inquisitor

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I guess if you don't count DoT spreading, which is fair. But I usually top Pyros in overall damage just not anywhere close in kills. I realize this isn't the case in PvE.
    Why would you count tab-dotting as sustained single-target DPS?
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    Why would you count tab-dotting as sustained single-target DPS?
    I'll concede the point.

Here's a couple more suggestions for keeping inquisitor's pvp viability:

Perseverance: Provides immunity to the next control effect. Duration and cooldown reduced to 1 minute. No global cooldown.

Determination: Resets the cooldown on excommunicate, bewilder, and trepidation. 2 minute cooldown. No global cooldown.

This would give inquisitor the ability to keep the resets on their cc abilities only without affecting any dps abilities.

Prophet of Telara

Inq is actually quite OP in pvp, at least in 1vs1. The problem is group pvp where cleanse affect it a lot. I would love to see the dots being uncleanseable with pvp dmg reduction for balance purposes if needed. This would make Inq more reliable in group vs group pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Inq is actually quite OP in pvp, at least in 1vs1. The problem is group pvp where cleanse affect it a lot. I would love to see the dots being uncleanseable with pvp dmg reduction for balance purposes if needed. This would make Inq more reliable in group vs group pvp.
    Yea uncleasable dots would be nice....oh and warlock says hello.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drhouse593 View Post
    Here's a couple more suggestions for keeping inquisitor's pvp viability:

Perseverance: Provides immunity to the next control effect. Duration and cooldown reduced to 1 minute. No global cooldown.

Determination: Resets the cooldown on excommunicate, bewilder, and trepidation. 2 minute cooldown. No global cooldown.

This would give inquisitor the ability to keep the resets on their cc abilities only without affecting any dps abilities.
    I'd prefer it if the CDs on Inq CC were simply reduced to compensate for removing the reset. The current trend is toward reducing the number of buttons required, not increasing them. Bewilder should be 4s duration, off the GCD with at most a 20s CD. Trepidation should break after taking 3% of HP in damage and it should be on a 30s CD.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Yea uncleasable dots would be nice....oh and warlock says hello.
    Thanks.... and inquisitor says hello to pyromancer...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #188
    Rift Team

Hey everyone,

Here's the latest list of changes I'm currently considering. As with last time, none of these changes have been made yet, so there's still a good chance the list could change.
    • Reduce cooldown of Fanaticism to 30s.
    • Remove Perseverance from the GCD.
    • Reduce cooldown and duration of Perseverance to 1 min.
    • Fix Spiritual Scrutinyís armor/resist penetration to affect the dot portion of Sanction Heretic.
    • Exocommunicate now off GCD and snares affected enemies.
    • Trepidation now only breaks on damage after the enemy has received damage equal to 5% of the casterís max health.
    • Increase duration of Bewilder to 4s.
    • Life and Death Concord now has a max stack size of 4. Stacks reduce the cast time of Bolt of Depravity by 0.2/0.4/0.6 per stack.
    • Unified Theory now triggers at 4 stacks
    • Consuming Unified Theory reduces the active cooldown of Nysyrís Rebuke by 4s.
    • Radical Coalescence now only resets cooldowns of damaging abilities.
    • The GCD reduction from Spiritual Scrutiny now affects all abilities.
    • Harsh Discipline now heals for 15% of the casterís max health over 3s.
    • Increase damage of Harsh Discipline and cooldown to 1 min.
    I'm also planning on making the PVP ability Retribution instant instead of keeping its current cast time.

Ascendant

Looks much better imo. Will still have to see how tthat CD reduction times out.
    Haybale@Greybriar

I feel like Bewilder will be really OP if it lasts 4 more seconds in PvP. Most people chain that with RC when it's a 1v1... you could lock someone down for a long time.

How can anyone think inquisitor is underpowered lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by njsdca View Post
    I feel like Bewilder will be really OP if it lasts 4 more seconds in PvP. Most people chain that with RC when it's a 1v1... you could lock someone down for a long time.
    4 total seconds, not 4 more seconds.

Also, RC won't be resetting its cooldown any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey everyone,

Here's the latest list of changes I'm currently considering. As with last time, none of these changes have been made yet, so there's still a good chance the list could change.
    • Fix Spiritual Scrutiny’s armor/resist penetration to affect the dot portion of Sanction Heretic.
    • Trepidation now only breaks on damage after the enemy has received damage equal to 5% of the caster’s max health.
    • Life and Death now has a max stack size of 4. Stacks reduce the cast time of Bolt of Depravity by 0.2/0.4/0.6 per stack.
    • Consuming Unified Theory reduces the active cooldown of Nysyr’s Rebuke by 4s.
    • Harsh Discipline now heals for 15% of the caster’s max health over 3s.
    I'm also planning on making the PVP ability Retribution instant instead of keeping its current cast time.
    From my counts, the change to UT provides 1-2 additional BoDs and 2-4 additional BoRs per minute (constant dps rotation + 12 seconds on DoT refreshes per minute), and CD reduction of Nysyr will allow to use it ~/40 seconds (without RC taken into account). I'm not sure if that will be enough to make Inq dps competitive with other mobile ranged specs, but all other changes are very nice.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 09-12-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey everyone,

• Fix Spiritual Scrutinyís armor/resist penetration to affect the dot portion of Sanction Heretic.
    • Trepidation now only breaks on damage after the enemy has received damage equal to 5% of the casterís max health.
    • Life and Death Concord now has a max stack size of 4. Stacks reduce the cast time of Bolt of Depravity by 0.2/0.4/0.6 per stack.
    • Consuming Unified Theory reduces the active cooldown of Nysyrís Rebuke by 4s.
    • Harsh Discipline now heals for 15% of the casterís max health over 3s.
    Hail to the Pyromancer 3.0

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    From my counts, the change to UT provides 1-2 additional BoDs and 2-4 additional BoRs per minute (constant dps rotation + 12 seconds on DoT resets per minute), and CD reduction of Nysyr will allow to use it ~/40 seconds (without RC taken into account). I'm not sure if that will be enough to make Inq dps competitive with other mobile ranged specs, but all other changes are very nice.
    lol inquisitor isnt that much behind from ranger and tempest with ****load more utilities than those two specs combined...

Salexpls...
    Last edited by Riftyrifter; 09-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast