+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for Warden

The idea I had with water jet, a skill never used by wardens, I would also like to add the following:

*Water Jet: Instant Cast, no CD,
    -If cast on enemy target, deals X water damage and refreshes all warden based DOTs currently on the target.
    -If cast on friendly target, heals X water damage (much less than overflowing renewal) and refreshed all warden based HOTs on currently on the target.

It may be necessary to give water jet a CD in this case so its not just spent cycling through the party to maintain refreshes or something like that.

Anyway the new tech in the game allows one ability to do multiple things depending on the situation...aka different obliteration buffs for cabalist causing different abilities to do different things...in this case it'll be different targets.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-27-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    The idea I had with water jet, a skill never used by wardens, I would also like to add the following:

*Water Jet: Instant Cast, no CD,
    -If cast on enemy target, deals X water damage and refreshes all warden based DOTs currently on the target.
    -If cast on friendly target, heals X water damage (much less than overflowing renewal) and refreshed all warden based HOTs on currently on the target.

It may be necessary to give water jet a CD in this case so its not just spent cycling through the party to maintain refreshes or something like that.

Anyway the new tech in the game allows one ability to do multiple things depending on the situation...aka different obliteration buffs for cabalist causing different abilities to do different things...in this case it'll be different targets.
    Give waterjet a 1.5s cast time? This way its buffed bty DoTD as well and becomes one of the core warden spells

The danger of that is Waterjet with no CD becomes using Waterjet to refresh raid members HoTs that were spread with Geyser/Monsoon, giving warden extremely high HPS on most but not all of the raid and causing an endless amount of target swapping.

I like the refresh DoTs though. Add in Oversaturation to reduce micromanagement.

Ascendant

I don't think we need more st healing potential in the soul. If anything happened to the geyser/waterjet relationship i would want to see a cast time added on geyser at a slightly higher damage/ healing value and waterjet essentially becoming what geyser is on live. This would give waterjet its usefulness back.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-27-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    I don't think we need more st healing potential in the soul. If anything happened to the geyser/waterjet relationship i would want to see a cast time added on geyser at a slightly higher damage/ healing value and waterjet essentially becoming what geyser is on live. This would give waterjet its usefulness back.
    I see, so one becomes your damage/heal strong cast time spam while the other is on the move? I like that idea.

However, my goal with water jet wasnt to add another heal. We could even take out the healing portion making it act like persist for warlock (exept on hots not dots). My goal entirely was to give it the ability to refresh DOTs primarily. That'd open up 3 global cooldowns to wardens every ~quarter minute. Then I thought about the new tech they have and then I extended that to refreshing HOTs too. I definitely agree that'd it'd need a cooldown. It wouldnt even need a long one. Maybe just refreshing HOTs would give it a 5 second cooldown. Then you'd refresh DOTS, then HOTs on tank (or yourself), and then move back to normal healing. BAM 5 GCDs brought down to 2. Thats a lot.

I personally feel warden is really good as it is already. My only goal is to open up more GCDs within certain time frames such that it can more easily keep up its hots and dots on their primary targets while still giving it enough GCD windows to handle damage spikes without having to sacrifice the GCDs necessary to refresh their HOTs and DOTs.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-27-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

I personally feel warden is really good as it is already. My only goal is to open up more GCDs within certain time frames such that it can more easily keep up its hots and dots on their primary targets while still giving it enough GCD windows to handle damage spikes without having to sacrifice the GCDs necessary to refresh their HOTs and DOTs.
    The healing flood change to 20 targets is going to open up a lot of globals for dps. At 10 targets it was nearly mandatory to cast that ability at least 3-4 times every 20 seconds to ensure it was active on the whole raid.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Plane Touched

What I would most like from any Warden rework is a reduction in the number of buttons I have to press. I can normally handle 11 buttons with regularity, and up to 17 if the other 6 are occasional presses, and that's with a normal mouse and keyboard. From talking to people that's significantly more than most people can do while being able to handle mechanics.

Warden requires 21 or more buttons that need to be either immediately available or regularly available, even more if you are attempting to keep up both @focus and @self macros on you and the tank (which I've decided is impossible, those HoTs are just there to ripple). Lower priority spells simply get dropped until I have time to reach for the button that holds it. Oversaturation only gets cast when I'm not healing anything, and dehydrate occasionally finds its way on a mob. I have never cast Glassy Reflection appropriately (notably Cabalist has longer duration versions of that spell), and I don't think I've ever actually cast waterspout.

I don't see much in the way of reducing the number of buttons for healing because of the large differences in each healing spell, but simplification of the damage rotation would not be as much work. Right now I only have active buttons for two dps abilities, the geyser spam (macroed with cascade@self and call of depths) and Emblem of Ice.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Rift Team

I have the changes I mentioned earlier in for next week's hotfix. I've also set Dangers of the Deep to apply a stack every 4s while out of combat, and it will now appear in its own UI element instead of the buff bar, similar to how Convictions on the Justicar or Electrified and Conductive Medium stacks on Stormcaller are displayed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    I have the changes I mentioned earlier in for next week's hotfix. I've also set Dangers of the Deep to apply a stack every 4s while out of combat, and it will now appear in its own UI element instead of the buff bar, similar to how Convictions on the Justicar or Electrified and Conductive Medium stacks on Stormcaller are displayed.
    Thanks

/10char

Plane Touched

Actually, doesn't the Justicar's convictions do both? Like it appears in a UI element AND the buff bar? I'm pretty sure since I can track Convictions via KAlerts.

Request: Would you please make it so that it appears in both, specifically because I prefer to track it via KAlerts, not the UI element.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    What I would most like from any Warden rework is a reduction in the number of buttons I have to press. I can normally handle 11 buttons with regularity, and up to 17 if the other 6 are occasional presses, and that's with a normal mouse and keyboard. From talking to people that's significantly more than most people can do while being able to handle mechanics.

Warden requires 21 or more buttons that need to be either immediately available or regularly available, even more if you are attempting to keep up both @focus and @self macros on you and the tank (which I've decided is impossible, those HoTs are just there to ripple). Lower priority spells simply get dropped until I have time to reach for the button that holds it. Oversaturation only gets cast when I'm not healing anything, and dehydrate occasionally finds its way on a mob. I have never cast Glassy Reflection appropriately (notably Cabalist has longer duration versions of that spell), and I don't think I've ever actually cast waterspout.

I don't see much in the way of reducing the number of buttons for healing because of the large differences in each healing spell, but simplification of the damage rotation would not be as much work. Right now I only have active buttons for two dps abilities, the geyser spam (macroed with cascade@self and call of depths) and Emblem of Ice.
    It sounds like you're trying to use Warden as a tank healer/dungeon healer. While it's certainly possible to build your class however you like, there are generally optimal builds for tank healing/dungeons vs raid healing.

Warden *generally* falls under raid healing. 61 Sentinel's mechanics makes it ideal for dungeons when tank has 50k or above. Puri is great for tank heals in a raid or if your tank is super under geared (35k health). Warden is best at raid heals.

Again, it's your game, but I'd advise the path of least resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post

While I agree some builds have A LOT of buttons you can make it a lot more manageable with {shift}-<key> and {ctrl}-key. That's what I do with a lot. So I basically keep the primary keys down to like 8-12 (depending on the build) and then have the uncommonly used ones on the shift/ctrl cycle.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Disciple

so since you listened to this bs idea for dotd because some couldnt handle it how about telling vladd to do give reverberation and harmonic distortion the same treatment? this all falls in the same category anyway so why the balls not.

What a wonderful choice of words.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    so since you listened to this bs idea for dotd because some couldnt handle it how about telling vladd to do give reverberation and harmonic distortion the same treatment? this all falls in the same category anyway so why the balls not.
    DotD could already be applied using warden abilities out of combat. HD cannot i assumw unless you take partial phys? They are not the same.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-28-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    mainly because those you mentioned are generated when you are doing your standard rotation. DotD is generated when using non-healing (damaging) abilities within a healing soul. this means we usually have to waste 7.5s (without ability lag) building up our healing bonus at the start of a fight when we could be healing people. take the GS miniboss for example (although not the best fight for warden I admit), the healing required is around 20-25k per healer in a 5 healer group and that starts almost immediately. if a warden wants to stack their buff people will die but then they take a large healing bonus drop due to them having less room to generate their stacks. (I know we can use oversaturation before the pull but mages used to use things like Fire Storm yet they got the out of combat energy).

if our soul worked in a way that allowed us to generate DoTD using a healing "rotation" or set of abilities then I can understand where you are coming from in that "if they get it can I"? sincle DotD stacking takes us away from our primary role "Healer" having this change allows us to start our job earlier/easier so you get to enjoy staying alive more

since Bard is a support soul it having slightly less ap and heals is secondry to its primary role in supporting others and last I checked those 2 stacks only benefit your own dps/hps and not the raids so it is less important. im not saying you shouldn't get some QoL love especially with Oracle kicking you out the door but the suggestions you made aren't that necessary. I suppose next you will want your motifs to trigger the same as Oracles?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast