Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is Druid ever going to be looked at ? Ever ?

Default Is Druid ever going to be looked at ? Ever ?

Yes or No please. Forget about updates, can we at least settle for the 2 year long plus bugs that haven't been fixed.

This is pathetic.

Shadowlander

Nobody care about cleric ... there is only 2 people working on this game .... crazy right ?

Personally, I'd like to see druid be a bit more like tactician in its overaul hierarchy. What i mean by this is tactician is a supportive role, but its an auxillary support role, similar to dominator. The primary support roles being oracle, bard, BM, archon.

I'd prefer all auxillary support roles have a energy buff, damage cooldown in the same bracket as power core, a devensive cooldown such as ablaitive coil, heals, damage, and CC. They dont provide much in the base "always on buffs" but they provide many cooldowns that the raid can take advantage of that I feel should be unique to auxilary support classes. These classes would boast the most versatility of any class, being able to buff, heal, dps, and CC, but of course wouldnt be the highest single target or AOE dps for their class, but the easiest to swap between them.

This of course goes hand in hand with my desire to get living energy and wild growth out of chloromancer, and put them souly into tactician, dominator, druid...and mayhaps whatever would be best for that purpose in warrior. I heard 61 riftblade isnt getting much use lately...just saying That way each calling would have a primary support class, and an auxillary support class. The auxillary classes all providing an equivelant basic thing such as dps cooldown, energy buff, healing cooldowns, defensive cooldowns, and whatever overarching specialization they have (dominator in CC drains reflects interrupts, tact in streaming heals, druid in maybe more variety of CCs and temporary buffs, and whatever for warrior).

Again thats just me. Reguardless of intent of a particular soul, I do agree that druid could use some love
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-15-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

You are looking at another 2 to 3 years wait time conservatively speaking. They like to wait until the soul has fallen into complete disuse before doing anything.

When Kervik did his last "Cleric Pass" he never bothered to do anything with Druid. You won't see another update for another two to three years because 3.0 will be here and they aren't adding any new soul abilities at all, so the level increase does nothing except some ill defined mastery ability. Bottom line, no update needed. So if they tell you that class leads have been working on 3.0, we can call out B.S.

I know with bugs, with just one example. "Subtlety" has no discernible effect on anything. Tests have shown it. I have sent bug report after bug report including parse files and over two years now the bug still hasn't been fixed. Two years +

They wonder why the new souls haven't sold better ? Little wonder.
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 08-15-2014 at 09:22 AM.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Aside from the bugs it needs an actual role other than "pretty good at questing" though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Aside from the bugs it needs an actual role other than "pretty good at questing" though.
    But but they say druid is da best at questing. For real though the amount of bugs and straight up errors in this soul is unreal.
    Haybale@Greybriar

I honestly don't know what to think about our cleric dev. I assume he's still alive and actually works at Trion, but obviously not doing much for us at all. The shaman spellpower change was the only change he did in the past, what, five months or so. The Inquisitor change for the Maelforge fight wasn't his initiative, that came from another dev.

Any threads requesting changes to the clerics dps souls either go unanswered, get closed by mods or deleted outright. Last night I saw a thread appear asking for a sign of life from Kervik. It got four replies from concerned cleric players and a few minutes later it was deleted by a mod. (And that's just the threads that I do notice disappear without a trace.)

No doubt that will be the same fate for this thread. Maybe you'll have a chance to read it before it goes the way of the dodo. Probably not.

In any case, the whole situation stinks.

Telaran

I don't know about any bugs with the Druid, but so far I think it has it's moments. Questing is one thing where it shines brightly and if combined with a Justicar/Shaman you can be a pretty good support-DD with ok damage. For example we just did P.a.U.L.A. with just my fairy healing and the extra DPS allowed us to get the boss down in time while we failed before.

I would do some cleanups here and there, combine some spells, especially the 2 DD pets, some tooltips could be worded a bit better, but other than that I wouldn't consider it broken or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThe View Post
    I don't know about any bugs with the Druid, but so far I think it has it's moments. Questing is one thing where it shines brightly and if combined with a Justicar/Shaman you can be a pretty good support-DD with ok damage. For example we just did P.a.U.L.A. with just my fairy healing and the extra DPS allowed us to get the boss down in time while we failed before.

I would do some cleanups here and there, combine some spells, especially the 2 DD pets, some tooltips could be worded a bit better, but other than that I wouldn't consider it broken or something.
    No one is disputing this, but we would like a reason to play Druid over Shaman, Inquisitor, and we would like its role to be clearly defined, and to be completely honest, I find that I can quest and solo just fine with any of the souls, it may not be optimal but it gets the job done.

Aside from this there is absolutely no excuse for not fixing the bugs and the total lack of communication.

It feels like Kervik is completely detached from the Cleric community. Almost like its a part time job that he does a few days a weeks and drop a post from time to time.

The only time we any posts from Trion at all for Clerics is to close threads. That is when they are not deleting threads outright.

Rift Chaser

Lol you want clerics to be good? Man let them be dead. Only 2 ppl are working on this game, and both are rogues

Iyi
    Telaran

Meh, I like playing the druid.

Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    Lol you want clerics to be good? Man let them be dead. Only 2 ppl are working on this game, and both are rogues
    You are only half-joking. I have seen games run on private servers where the owners are way more responsive then TRION.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    No one is disputing this, but we would like a reason to play Druid over Shaman, Inquisitor, and we would like its role to be clearly defined
    There is one: you get a pet. This is like having a constant dot running on the mob or a constant hot that requires no attention or re-applying. It as well allows you to choose whether you want more healing, more st dps or more ae dps.

Aside from this there is absolutely no excuse for not fixing the bugs and the total lack of communication.
    Rule #1 in game development: take care of your community. Rift is failing heavily in this.

Telaran

I simply LOVE playing Druid on Proteus. Mimikri hits with about 1kk Damage.

I honestly don't know how RIFT can grow given the present circumstances. I certainly cannot recommend anyone to it, that enjoys playing Cleric.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast