+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shaman breakdown help

Telaran

Default Shaman breakdown help

Hey guys need some help here

ill post a parse from same fight( krass ) , 2 clerics almost same gear maybe 100-200 spellpower difference give or take,

my rotation is > vex>frozen wrath>combined effort>lightning hammer>phys>nonphys .. etc + eol on occasion.
    personal cooldowns are rage+df > mb>jolt on proc>rush+mb ( still clipping last tick of brutalize)

the question is that i made few more hits then the other cleric ( his crit% is higher tho but the dps difference doesn't make sense to me )

Shaman breakdown help-2014-08-15_145833.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shaman breakdown help-2.jpg

due to number 1 using EoL and vex less hes going to have less hits since these abilities hit multiple times. Also ACT breakdown would be much easier to read and tell you more I suggest to use it.
    DPS difference is mostly from rng sure the crit rate is x but which one of the abilities are actually critting also effects it. Short fights are very RNG.
    Last edited by Pokesi; 08-15-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Telaran

actually my problem with 1-2 min fights where it seems skipping proper rotation and just using
    phys-non phys gives you the best benefit
    since on the long fights i always see the 2-3k dps difference - and rotation difference
    thats why i want to ask if there is another ability breakdown for faster fights?

From what I see he got luckier with Combined Effort critting, that's pretty much about it.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Telaran

yeah beth got x3 crits and i got 0 , but the question still stands

phys+non phys spam on 1.5< min fights or full rotation?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by yaruslav View Post
    yeah beth got x3 crits and i got 0 , but the question still stands

phys+non phys spam on 1.5< min fights or full rotation?
    Full rotation. Maybe skip the last vex/eol if they will be clipped by the boss dropping.
    Haybale@Greybriar

You want to use a full rotation to the point where then whole dot/eol still actually does the damage, at the end you stop using dots and use direct damage (like every fight)

well at least no one knows how to play shaman properly still

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    well at least no one knows how to play shaman properly still
    What would you suggest?
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    What would you suggest?
    Too much/can't be bothered typing and seen as I don't really play anymore. It's nothing mahor just a number of smaller things that add up.

Then we'll continue to not play shaman properly I guess.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Quote Originally Posted by yaruslav View Post

Attachment 19780
    ----------------------------------------------
    Attachment 19781
    frozen wrath seems really low here so i'm going to guess you aren't using frozen wrath immediately after rage of the north so the entire duration crits.

my cleric is only an alt but i do play shaman almost exclusively and my rotation is usually vex/rotn/fw/df/mb/jolt/mb/lightning/phys/nonphys/phys/nonphys etc. this way fw, mb, jolt, mb, and (hopefully) the entire duration of lightning will crit.

on top of this, on a one minute parse on krass when you know when the fight is going to start, you can pre-load rage of the north 30 seconds or so before the fight is going to start, go through 10 stacks, and the next time frozen wrath/mb/jolt(or glacial)/rush of strength/mb comes up, you can use rage of the north again to force crits on all of those. hope that made sense.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    frozen wrath seems really low here so i'm going to guess you aren't using frozen wrath immediately after rage of the north so the entire duration crits.

my cleric is only an alt but i do play shaman almost exclusively and my rotation is usually vex/rotn/fw/df/mb/jolt/mb/lightning/phys/nonphys/phys/nonphys etc. this way fw, mb, jolt, mb, and (hopefully) the entire duration of lightning will crit.

I normally start like this depending and only with vex if I am not going to be in range of the target in 1 global.

FW>CE>LH>MB>Jolt>EoL>Icy>Rotn/DF/MB>Jolt>MB>Eol>Crushing>Vex>FW

This allows the second FW to get essentially 100% crit chance and gets CE/LH/EoL up before Deep Freeze.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

FW>CE>LH>MB>Jolt>CB>EoL>CB>Icy>Rotn/DF/MB>Jolt>MB>Eol>Crushing>Vex>FW
    Missed listing a couple CB's in there. Also my rotation generally lines up like this every 15 seconds until sub 30.

FW>Phys>LH>Phys>Jolt>Phys>EoL>Phys>Icy>Phys>Jolt>P hys>Eol>Phys>Vex

Timings for FW/Vex/LH/Jolt and EoL allow them to almost always fall in the same spot unless no improved Jolt Proc.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-16-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Telaran

Missed listing a couple CB's in there. Also my rotation generally lines up like this every 15 seconds until sub 30.

FW>Phys>LH>Phys>Jolt>Phys>EoL>Phys>Icy>Phys>Jolt>P hys>Eol>Phys>Vex

Timings for FW/Vex/LH/Jolt and EoL allow them to almost always fall in the same spot unless no improved Jolt Proc.
    this is exactly my rotation but i do start with vex all the time , since till i get to the boss i usually need 2-3 sec and in that time i can range cast vex+fw

ecru's rotation sounds also good i might try it but since flaring and other cd's are still on when i use personal cd's with my rotation i saw no problem

BTW i tried like 10 parses 1 min long and the results are

ROTATION: #1 -> around 26.5 selfbuffed on dummy
    FW>CE>LH>MB>Jolt(IF PROCS)>CB>EoL>CB>Icy>Rotn/DF/MB>Jolt>MB - spam phys/nonpys till 1 min over

ROTATION: #1 -> around 25.4 selfbuffed on dummy
    FW>CE>LH>MB>Jolt>CB>EoL>CB>Icy>Rotn/DF/MB>Jolt>MB>Eol>Crushing + repeat(the usual rotation)

i did those 2 variations few times each and always in 1 min fight the phys/nonphys spam had higher dps, and for duration of 2min and more the normal rotation comes on top.

I deduce that it is the crit% if used in normal rotation also applies to the dot crits and thus potentially "taking" crits from big hits ( while also full raid cool downs are active it is more productive to buff a bigger base dmg hitting skills then few dot ticks )

I hope i explained myself properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast