+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phaylanx

Thread: First day playing.

Soulwalker

Default First day playing.

Hello all.
    So today makes My first time playing and I decided to make a Cleric.

I've done tons of research on pretty much everything.
    I have a Soul Tree Guide that I'm currently using such as

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-justicar.html

My questions are, Should I just use equips from quests, Or take the time to get the Rift Crystal Gear seeing as though the vendors give better gear.

Do I complete all my Dailys? Like the IS, PvP and Dungeons for the xp and chests?

Over all, I guess my main question is this: Should I worry about leveling quickly, and can I make it thru the game with just quest items.

Also any professions? Or Skills, whatever their called. Would be helpful to a first time player?

I don't have any of the expansions.
    I play on Leathys, So if any guild would like a new payer that's willing to learn, Feel free to send me a invite, All and any information and help is appreciated including criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx View Post
    Hello all.
    So today makes My first time playing and I decided to make a Cleric.
    Welcome, and good choice! Clerics are fun, thought debatably, not Trion's favorite.

I've done tons of research on pretty much everything.
    Good man/woman.

I have a Soul Tree Guide that I'm currently using such as

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-justicar.html
    Functional, good solo-leveling guide.

My questions are, Should I just use equips from quests, Or take the time to get the Rift Crystal Gear seeing as though the vendors give better gear.
    This is a little up to you, and I do see people who do it. Though I'd advice against it. Unless you plan to twink yourself for PvP or perhaps farm a very specific dungeon or zone grinding for currencies in the low levels is rarely worth it. Quest gear, dungeon gear and chest gear will do you just fine!

Do I complete all my Dailys? Like the IS, PvP and Dungeons for the xp and chests?
    My advice is complete all the dungeon-dailies and as many PvP-dailies as you can stomach (no one likes to lose, I know I don't!).

Besides that, do you daily IAs (Instant Adventures), as they pay rather well and will let you see Telara! Which is nice.

Over all, I guess my main question is this: Should I worry about leveling quickly, and can I make it thru the game with just quest items.
    There is no rush. Telara is a pretty place for first-time players, and there's no rush towards the end-game. We're at the end of an expansion pack, so unless you plan on going through T1 (tier 1) through T3 (tier 3) of raiding, I wouldn't worry too much about rushing it.

And yes, quest items, in the spec you linked, will get you through most things just fine.

Don't pull 19 level 60 elites though.

Also any professions? Or Skills, whatever their called. Would be helpful to a first time player?
    I recommend you go gatherer. But Clerics can also use a lot of the gear we make as armorsmiths. Which is something to consider.

If you want to make your own gear, and use it, go armorsmith, miner and butcher'.

I don't have any of the expansions.
    No worries. You can do most of the stuff anyway, including every dungeon and every continent and every WF (warfront, think Rift's battlegrounds) and everything you'd want.

I play on Leathys, So if any guild would like a new payer that's willing to learn, Feel free to send me a invite, All and any information and help is appreciated including criticism.
    I don't play on Laethys, I play on the EU side. But good luck to you, young Cleric!
    Last edited by ViRALiC; 08-11-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ViRALiC View Post
    Welcome, and good choice! Clerics are fun, thought debatably, not Trion's favorite.

Good man/woman.

Functional, good solo-leveling guide.

This is a little up to you, and I do see people who do it. Though I'd advice against it. Unless you plan to twink yourself for PvP or perhaps farm a very specific dungeon or zone grinding for currencies in the low levels is rarely worth it. Quest gear, dungeon gear and chest gear will do you just fine!

My advice is complete all the dungeon-dailies and as many PvP-dailies as you can stomach (no one likes to lose, I know I don't!).

Besides that, do you daily IAs (Instant Adventures), as they pay rather well and will let you see Telara! Which is nice.

There is no rush. Telara is a pretty place for first-time players, and there's no rush towards the end-game. We're at the end of an expansion pack, so unless you plan on going through T1 (tier 1) through T3 (tier 3) of raiding, I wouldn't worry too much about rushing it.

And yes, quest items, in the spec you linked, will get you through most things just fine.

Don't pull 19 level 60 elites though.

I recommend you go gatherer. But Clerics can also use a lot of the gear we make as armorsmiths. Which is something to consider.

If you want to make your own gear, and use it, go armorsmith, miner and butcher'.

No worries. You can do most of the stuff anyway, including every dungeon and every continent and every WF (warfront, think Rift's battlegrounds) and everything you'd want.

I don't play on Laethys, I play on the EU side. But good luck to you, young Cleric!

Thank you so much!
    You answered every thing I needed to know.

Thank you so much!
    You answered every thing I needed to know.
    Interestingly, me too.

I just started RIFT a few days ago and am really enjoying it thus far, but had some of those very same kinds of questions. I really like the fact that someone can do all the content without buying the expansion, I rather expected it to be capped at the level cap when the game first came out, or to me like other f2p models where content is limited.

Thanks again!
    Garimon@Hailol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ViRALiC View Post
    here is no rush. Telara is a pretty place for first-time players, and there's no rush towards the end-game. We're at the end of an expansion pack, so unless you plan on going through T1 (tier 1) through T3 (tier 3) of raiding, I wouldn't worry too much about rushing it.
    I disagree. If you want to do endgame raids/PvP, you should get to 60 as fast as you can. When the expansion comes out it will put everyone on a fairly level playing field from a gear standpoint, and you'll want to get used to the raid mechanics and/or Warfront maps before then so you can jump right in. It's a great time to catch up, and I'd take advantage of it if I were you.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

+ Reply to Thread