+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 60 - heal?

Default New 60 - heal?

I'm a fresh 60 () who basically solo'ed it all the way. My build is INQ/PUR/JUS. I have since joined a small guild which they would like me to start doing raids with them and being the main healer. Could anyone give me any pointers and suggest a build, please? I was looking at PUR/WARDEN/SENT. ( http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmnIEcvltfekqfRIduRvxcMoz )

Thank you!
    Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by _sYn_ View Post
    I'm a fresh 60 () who basically solo'ed it all the way. My build is INQ/PUR/JUS. I have since joined a small guild which they would like me to start doing raids with them and being the main healer. Could anyone give me any pointers and suggest a build, please? I was looking at PUR/WARDEN/SENT. ( http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmnIEcvltfekqfRIduRvxcMoz )

Thank you!
    Main heals, which? Tank or raid, as this will drastically change which should you will need. Also, do you have the SL and Dream souls? Another factor. But your main 61pt souls will be puri for tank healing (which I can help you with in game - kylun@greybriar), or warden for raid heals, which I know nothing about, but you can find plenty of guides in the cleric section

They will be small guild runs (5 man). No, I don't have the SL or Dream souls.
    Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by _sYn_ View Post

Thank you!

Sorry you rolled a cleric.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    1) My guild is letting me DPS. I said it was my preferred role and they're letting me fill it.

2) The OP is probably okay with healing from the looks of it.

I mean gosh we only have 4 healing souls, heaven forbid we're ever expected to use one. I'm sure there are rogues with the physician soul whose guilds ask them to heal or are willing to volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Yeah like Purifier is not THE tank healer and Defiler is not almost universally needed. Please... You got torn to pieces in multiple other threads where your rhetoric did not match facts. Don't invite it again.

To the OP. Purifier is almost always preferred in raids and many oss encounters want a defiler as well. Depending on the fight and how many warriors you guild can spare from dps Warden is damn good on fights with burst AoE damage...but come t 3 there are not a lot of burst AoE fights regrettably.

My suggestion is NOT pigeonhole yourself into dps. Be multi-spec. You need two whole dps specs for raiding...Shaman and Inquis as CSB is situational as hell. Get a good Puri and either defiler or warden spec (both if you can) and you will always have a solid purpose regardless of the encounter.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread