+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oracle : subsouls

Default Oracle : subsouls

Hello,

After 2.8 hit live, Kwak (<Stack on Eight>@Gelidra) asked me if 10sham/5inq would beat 10def/5inq for oracle subsouls, and I just answered 'that's a very good question !".
    The big question mark comes from Tainted Emblems.

Indeed, in the dummy foundry, the tooltip values for active abilities are ahead for 10def because Rage Blight OP.
    However, Tainted Emblems are not affected by Rage Blight, nor any active buff. It's only directly derived from the current Spell Power (thus affected by Flaring Power, but not Rage Blight or Defend the Fallen).

After a lot of napkin math, in my gear (4 T3 pieces and T3 staff from aky), 10defiler/5inquisitor still comes ahead of 10Shaman/5Inquisitor, assuming 100% Rage Blight uptime.

However, surprisingly, for the filler rotation, instead of having Emblem of Pain > Insignia of Blood as the best one, Emblem of Ice > Insignia of Blood comes on top.
    Consequence is that Emblem of Pain is only worth casting in the filler time when there's a stack of Agony to finish (typically after Battle Fury, and after reapplying Glacial Insignia and Wasting Insignia). Which makes the min/max rotation even more interesting as it was before.
    Vex also isn't a dps gain during Premonition anymore.
    Disclaimer : I suspect the above information is true with high gear level only ! When I did the math two months ago, it was the other way around !

TL;DR: Don't change your spec, min/max rotation changes with high gear level.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Aaaaaand I just realized I messed up with the crit chance in defiler/inq (forgot to remove the 3% crit from shaman).
    WIth that corrected, 10shaman/5inq comes ahead !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Plane Touched

How does 12 Inquisitor 3 Shaman compare. It used to be a massive dps loss to pick up the purge.

I don't know but it will clearly be better than 12inq/3defiler.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

How much of a difference are you seeing fufi?
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

This is where I made my math

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1791286034

(sheet 2 and 3, ignore the first one, it's old and not so accurate calculations)
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Talking with Ambi atm, agony gains +150% from talents that are not reflected in talents, so the rotation won't be changing. Checking formulas in details now to be sure about the rest too.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Formulas checked and everything.
    So my earlier statement about min/max rotation changing was wrong, since I overlooked Tempered Emblems not affecting the tooltips of Agony.
    The DPS difference between the two builds looks larger than it previously was though.
    Note that I took account of the 5% crit chance from Archon, the 1% from Oracle, and the 5% crit chance from Lethal Poison, just to be sure. The dps difference between the two specs is very similar without this added crit chance.

As ambi told me though, it's up to you to check weither or not that dps increase is worth the % healing bonus loss from defiler (in my opinion, probably !).
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Shadowlander

What about a 13 Shaman/2 Inquisitor build? Our biggest DPS skill (Glacial Insignia) is water damage and 3 Stormborn in shaman can increase water damage by 15%. On a burn fight like Kaliban in GA, I think this would be our best DPS build. If you use a Emblem of Ice filler, your water damage would approach close to 50% in a fight. Just wanted to throw this out there for discussion...

That's a very interesting question. I'm going out now though, I'll do the math when I come back or tomorrow.

That would require a different rotation too, as in my current rotation, water damage account for 37% only of my breakdown.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Shield of Telara

Thanks for info Fuf. I switched to the 10/5 last night without doing much research, but glad to hear that it is coming out ahead

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Hello,
    Indeed, in the dummy foundry, the tooltip values for active abilities are ahead for 10def because Rage Blight OP.
    However, Tainted Emblems are not affected by Rage Blight, nor any active buff. It's only directly derived from the current Spell Power (thus affected by Flaring Power, but not Rage Blight or Defend the Fallen).
    Adding 10% sp is a 4% gain to tainted emblems on my end. So this build roughly gains 4% damage to tainted emblems and 2% crit. Is that actually making up for ~2.2% loss on every other ability from the lack of rage blight?
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Also tainted emblems isn't affected by any debuffs so it's damage increase that 4% increase completely static in raid outside of flaring where it gains maybe another 3%damage or so for 30 seconds. Meanwhile that extra 2.2% damage is affected by non-phys debuffs, WG, PC, DtF etc. The extra crit chance should bring 10 shaman/5 inq fairly close to the 10 defiler variant but i don't see it passing it up
    Last edited by haybale; 08-08-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

hmm why is rage blight not affecting agony?
    Haybale@Greybriar

Added a column with magic debuffs. I'm not sure if the formula is exactly how Rift Works (assumed 7% from Archon and 5% from cleric dps, total of 12%, so multiplied the values by 1.12, except from emblems), but it seems that 10Sham comes ahead still.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast